Skip to main content
Darbi
Darbi

Banff, Alberta · From May 2020

We first met in the summer of 2014 as coworkers. Working together day after day, our friendship grew. We’ve shared multiple adventures, travelling to nine... View more

We first met in the summer of 2014 as coworkers. Working together day after day, our friendship grew. We’ve shared multiple adventures, travelling to nine countries together. We’ve backpacked through the United Kingdom, lounged on white beaches, snorkeled in the sea and toured America in our VW van. Seven years later, we’re best friends, true loves, and equal partners in life. We're finally ready to tie the knot! 

Happily married 🎉

August 6, 2022

600days 16hrs
Erinn
Jamaica, Dominican, or Mexico?!
Erinn, On July 26, 2022 at 17:57

Hello future brides! My fiancé and I are trying to decide where to go on our honeymoon in January, but there are so many options its hard to decide! We want to go somewhere that neither of us have...

Lisshaa, thursday 8-Sep-22 14
Carlee
Ideas for honeymoon!
Carlee, On June 14, 2022 at 15:00

Hey ladies! Me and my fiancé are stumped on where to go for our honeymoon. Share some ideas with us? Much appreciated😇

Derek, tuesday 23-Aug-22 11
Julie
Invitation / rsvp Anxiety
Julie, On August 16, 2022 at 18:14

Just reading over some of these invitation discussions and OH MY....MY HEAD! There are too many dates to keep in mind and it's quite overwhelming. Our Wedding date is May 6, 2023 and plan on sending...

Derek, thursday 25-Aug-22 16
A
Bride & Groom toast ?
Alyx, On August 15, 2022 at 18:16

Are any brides doing a thank you toast/speech with your groom? We’ve decided to do one! BUT we are having a huge debate about it lol. My fiancé thinks it should be short thank everyone in summary....

Darbi, thursday 18-Aug-22 10 1
Cacharel
Vendor Meals
Cacharel, On August 18, 2022 at 16:04

I saw a post on Instagram about feeding the vendors you hire. I guess it makes sense as they’ll be working long hours but i didnt take account it when doing our food budget. Are you feeding your...

Vinod, monday 22-Aug-22 12
Nicole
Aisle Walk Songs
Nicole, On June 8, 2022 at 00:49

Hey ladies! I am just looking for some inspiration for songs to walk down the aisle to. While we aren’t having a big fancy wedding, I do prefer instrumentals instead of vocals.My aisle walk is short,...

Vinod, wednesday 6-Jul-22 19
Darbi
Audio Guestbook- worth the money?
Darbi, On June 5, 2022 at 16:28

Hey everyone! We've been really debating whether or not we should do an audio guestbook. I love the idea of being able to listen back to messages from my grandparents and other family members but to...

Elise., monday 20-Jun-22 7
Maggnard-Smanta
Days before the wedding
Maggnard-Smanta, On April 2, 2022 at 09:59

Hey there, I was wondering if some of you have an idea of how you were planning on spending your days before the wedding day. Did you take days off, spending time eith family, ect. Our wedding day is...

Maggnard-Smanta, tuesday 14-Jun-22 58
Jenny
Fake bouquet for bouquet toss - thoughts?
Jenny, On May 26, 2022 at 03:51

Another post made me think of this so I’d love some opinions! What do y’all think about a fake bouquet for the bouquet toss? I want to keep my bouquet so I’m thinking of buying a fake floral bouquet...

Rebecca, wednesday 8-Jun-22 10
Melissa
Plus ones
Melissa, On May 11, 2022 at 14:08

Hello everyone! Just looking for an opinion on giving guests a “plus one”. For those who are single or don’t have a long term significant other is it still etiquette to provide them with a plus one?...

Rebecca, wednesday 8-Jun-22 27
C
Gifts what to buy??? help
Carine, On May 25, 2022 at 14:50

I have no idea what to buy the wedding party as gifts, and is anyone buying the parents a gift? I thought jewelry for the girls since I found a decent online store and figured pay for their hair?

Carine, tuesday 7-Jun-22 34
Rayanne
i cant pick one thing to be excited about
Rayanne, On June 1, 2022 at 19:12

I really can't even pick one thing that I'm most excited for now that I'm down to 9 days! I'm excited about the string quartet, I'm excited for us to finally be married, I'm excited I can finally wear...

Rayanne, monday 6-Jun-22 13
Kelsey
Bride to Be outfits
Kelsey, On June 4, 2022 at 19:54

Hello everyone! Just wanted to see what people are planning on wearing to showers, bachelorettes, rehearsal dinners?! There are so many events and I'm struggling with what to wear. Ideas are...

Amanda, thursday 9-Jun-22 16
A
Awkward guest situation… help 😭
Alyx, On May 29, 2022 at 01:16

We are now at the point of getting rsvps from our guests! So far it hasn’t been too bad! Simple questions from people which is fine! But tonight I got a rsvp from my cousin (4th cousin) asking if she...

Carine, wednesday 8-Jun-22 21
C
Bachelorette party and bridal shower
Cc, On May 31, 2022 at 09:13

Who normally plans the bachelorette party and bridal shower? I'm really not one to go out etc heck I don't even drink because yes I take full responsibility as an adult/parent because I do have...

Amanda, wednesday 27-Sep-23 14
Jessica
Selecting a dj
Jessica, On May 31, 2022 at 22:17

Would love to know your experience with picking your DJ. How do you know if they are the right fit for you?

Jessica, thursday 9-Jun-22 19
Kim
End of evening cleanup
Kim, On June 1, 2022 at 01:39

I just thought of this today, almost 3 weeks out; who/how did you have all items packed up at the end of the evening? Things such as gifts, the remaining wedding cake and any centerpieces. How do...

MountcifYicaKQ, thursday 9-Jun-22 9
Amanda
Countdown!
Amanda, On June 1, 2022 at 12:09

Hello Everyone! How many days until your wedding?! Even if you're just starting this journey of planning, tell us how far away are you until the big day!! My fiance and I are 67 days away!!! After...

Amanda, tuesday 20-Sep-22 213 4
Marsha
Personal Wedding Vows
Marsha, On June 1, 2022 at 14:02

Hello my fellow brides. So here is a situation am in. I am a sentimental woman and my FH is not. I am truly marrying my opposite but damn we are a great pair lol. However, right now I am a bit sad. I...

Rebecca, tuesday 7-Jun-22 31
Rebecca
First Looks 👀👀👀
Rebecca, On February 5, 2022 at 18:24

My fiancé and I are pretty sure we don't want to do a first look. Not because we believe in the "bad luck to see the bride before the wedding" tradition. But because he's not a super emotional guy,...

Kelsey, thursday 2-Jun-22 19
Kathryn
Go to a destination wedding without my husband?
Kathryn, On March 6, 2022 at 15:41

We got invited to a destination wedding in mexico and it's one of my best friends. I'm a bridesmaid as well. We recently found out that my husband's job will not allow the time off and so I will be...

Darbi, thursday 2-Jun-22 10
Liberty
Unplugged Ceremony or Not?
Liberty, On March 19, 2022 at 19:32

Are you having an unplugged Ceremony or are you allowing guests to take pictures? I am having an unplugged ceremony but I will have 1 guest taking pictures so I can have some pictures to look back on...

Liberty, wednesday 6-Jul-22 27
Meghan
Engagement rings during ceremony
Meghan, On April 17, 2022 at 07:48

Okay serious question cause I truly don't know, whats the general rule of thumb? Are you supposed to wear your engagement ring during the ceremony or put it on after? or is it personal preference? TIA...

Rebecca, friday 10-Jun-22 21 1
Kelsey
Music outdoors/no power?
Kelsey, On May 31, 2022 at 11:45

Our ceremony will be in a forested area with A) no power B) very little, if any, cell reception Have any other brides had this situation? How did you do music? We are thinking of using a portable...

Darbi, thursday 2-Jun-22 7
Hailey
Where are you and your so going for your honeymoon???
Hailey, On March 3, 2022 at 12:03

Hi everyone Just curious where you are all going for your honeymoon or where you went!!! Originally we were going to go to Europe however we want to postpone it now. Now we're thinking of Thailand...

Darbi, monday 2-May-22 52
Jillian
Seating chart
Jillian, On April 25, 2022 at 08:57

Do you put the names of people sitting at your head table on your seating chart? And do you put your vendors on the seating chart too when they have an assigned vendor table?

Danielle, thursday 12-May-22 9
Samantha
mob Dresses
Samantha, On April 25, 2022 at 12:55

My mom is having a really hard time finding something that she wants to wear! Getting married this June so time is running out! She has been to countless stores and even looked online! Where has...

Sofia, wednesday 4-May-22 9
Meghan
Wedding favours
Meghan, On April 26, 2022 at 16:45

What is everyone doing/do for wedding favours? I was thinking cookies but would love some other options that are budget friendly! TIA

Krista, saturday 28-May-22 28
S
Honeymoon suggestions in Canada!
Samantha, On October 26, 2021 at 10:46

Good Morning! Just wondering if any recently married or soon-to-be married couples have suggestions for a Honeymoon in Canada May 2022? Any locations you have visited and LOVED, we would love your...

Darbi, monday 25-Apr-22 23 2
Brett
Honeymoon Help
Brett, On March 14, 2022 at 11:18

Hello, I am still confirming plans for a honeymoon in August! Where are other couples going?

Darbi, monday 25-Apr-22 23 1
A
Bouquet flower preservation
Alyx, On March 22, 2022 at 17:09

I’ve been looking on Etsy to get my bouquet preserved, ideally I’d like it in a frame and then maybe some coasters. I’m hoping to find something in Canada but I couldn’t find too many shops that to do...

Tunisha, thursday 31-Mar-22 14 1

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics