Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hailey
Expert June 2022 British Columbia

Where are you and your so going for your honeymoon???

Hailey, on March 3, 2022 at 12:03 Posted in Honeymoon 0 52
Hi everyone
Just curious where you are all going for your honeymoon or where you went!!!

Originally we were going to go to Europe however we want to postpone it now. Now we're thinking of Thailand (Phuket),Panama, Peru or just staying local and going to Alberta like a mini moon then planning A trip to Europe for a honeymoon!
We have about 10 days in July if we want to go this year.
Some places have a bit more restriction because of covid and also higher risk which I worry about.
Here's a photo of Phuket Thailand and Panama water bungalow 😍Where are you and your so going for your honeymoon??? 1
Where are you and your so going for your honeymoon??? 2

52 Comments

Latest activity by Darbi, on May 2, 2022 at 14:51
  • Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay good idea! We stayed there too and it's such a cute little town! It's not part of the regular ticket so you'll have to reserve it ahead of time. You can do either Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu- it just depends on what view you want or you can do both, but I don't know if you'd have the energy. It's definitely difficult with the low oxygen! You'll have to book which time slot you'd want to do as well- I'd definitely recommend the early one.

You're going to have such a great time! Definitely get some pictures with the llamas!

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are visiting Machu Picchu! we are getting up there a day early and sleeping in Aguas Calientes to get up early to Machi Picchu in the morning the next day. is the mountain apart of a ticket or just included??

We are also doing 3 days/2 nights in Iquitos for a amazon tour which is exciting!

Thats so exciting omg im so ready to travel after 2 years of nothing!

• Darbi
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You will love Peru! Make sure you visit Machu Picchu! You'll have to take the train to Cusco and then 4am bus up the Mountain but it was so incredible! You definitely want to be up there to enjoy the sunrise. And if you're up for it, definitely hike up Machu Picchu mountain to get the full view of the citadel and mountain range! The altitude can be a little hard to handle so take it slow but the views were amazing. We also really enjoyed the outdoor markets!

Have a good trip!

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We ended up opting for Peru! (at the time Thailand was so hard to go too and now they dropped everything as of June but we booked everything for Peru)

Im very excited. we are doing a few nights in the Amazon too! How did you like Peru? any must dos/sees?

We normally travel to Europe but thought this would be a neat idea to travel somewhere new! oh wow that sounds amazing Smiley heart

• Darbi
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely go to Thailand! I have been to Thailand and Peru, both of which were amazing in their own way, but I think Thailand is my favourite place I've travelled to out of 18 countries!
    I loved south east Asia so much! We are planning on going to Vietnam for our honeymoon Smiley smile

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds lovely!!!! We decided on peru 😊
  • N
    Curious June 2023 Ontario
    Nelly+Raquel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven’t planned our honeymoon yet. We’re getting married in 2023 but we’re thinking about Fiji, Tahiti, Bali and Bora Bora
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    There is even hotels attached to the mall? Lol that's crazy! It's like Disneyland literally haha 😄
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds like sooo much fun! Regardless if we go this year it's definitely on my list asap 😊
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds absolutely amazing!! I love when you get to experience new places together makes it more special. I hope you have a wonderful time 😊😊😊
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For our honeymoon we are flying to London, doing 4 nights there and then taking a Norwegian Cruise Lines European cruise, stopping in Portugal, Spain, France and Italy. My fiancee has never been to Europe and I have only been to England, so all these new spots will be a first for both of us.
  • Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I do suggest if you go to the WEM, you try and stay at Fantasy Land hotel, which is attached. It's a fun, hotel with themed rooms (every room has a hot tub) or regular, executive-style rooms. It's kind of corny in the themed rooms, but is a lot of fun! I have stayed in their Sports Room, Hollywood Room...and one other, but I can't remember which one!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Usually my mom and I go for the whole day to shop hahaha

Absolutely!! A lot of people don't realize there's a lot of things do besides shopping!

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love when stores are always busy keeps you on your feet! Haha
    Thats crazy would probably take ALL day to go through it.

Oh wow good to know!! Thanks for the info neither my fiance or I have gone so if we go it be fun!!
    Oh wow that sounds absolutely amazing!!!! I had no idea they had that!That's probably something I'd look forward to soooo much
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It was fun while I was at that location! It's always busy! And it's honestly a one stop shop. Every store possible.

The waterpark is so much fun! My fiance and I used to go at least twice a year before covid. The amusement park is pretty cool too! The BIG rollercoaster is my favorite!

I forgot to mention there's also the Sea Life Caverns. There's a sea lion's show and you can go underneath the mall where there's so much sea life creatures to see! Sharks, sting rays, Penguins, Turtles etc

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know it's on a list if you travel to Alberta so I figured I would ask!! Oh My how was that? That must of been fun working there!
    Still hard to wrap my head around how they have a Waterpark and amusement park 🤣 it sounds soooo cool to see though!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you want to shop, defiantly stop at West Edmonton Mall! I worked at that mall for 3 years

Plus there's a waterpark and amusement park!

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds so amazing 😍
    Yes I am in BC ahh I see and that makes sense!!! Do I need to stop in Edmonton mall if we want? Or can I pass on that??

I will definitely message you if we go that route of going to Alberta 😊😊😊❤
  • Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem! And yeah, it was an experience I wouldn't change for the world!

Just realized you are in B.C, so you would be smart to drive into AB through Mount Robson, into Jasper (as Jasper is only like 30 mins from Mount Robson, BC) and work your way from Jasper, down the parkway, ending in Cowtown

Happy to help Smiley smile If you end up going that route and have any other questions or want to run ideas/itineraries by me (or have questions about where to stay), don't hesitate.

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yeah that makes sense!!! My fiancé only gets 3 weeks out of the year off for work and has to take the time off right away usually.
    Oh my goodness that's so cool you worked there!
    You are a rockstar! Alberta has always been on my bucket list. Since I was young. Thank you so so much for the suggestions! I will definitely take that all in if we end up going there for our trip!!! I love all those suggestions omg lol 😆 😊😊😊😊❤
  • Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't decided what we are going to do re: Honeymoon yet, as FH still has about a year left before he really has a say in when he can take his vacation, plus gets an extra week.

As an Ontarian who had the pleasure of working in AB (Jasper for just under 2 years and Banff for just over a year), I tell all of my friends that it is an area of Canada that should be on everyone's bucket list! It can be a bit pricey in the summer, but so worth it.

And since you are looking at beginning of July, I would definitely add the Calgary Stampede to the itinerary. (Calgary, Kananaskis, a night or two Canmore/Banff [Canmore can sometimes be less expensive than Banff, but only 25 mins from the park gates], Lake Louise [stopping for pictures at the Fairmont and grabbing lunch is really all you need], continue up the icefields parkway, stopping at the glaciers on way to Jasper, two or three nights in Jasper [Athabasca falls, lake Annette, Fairmont, gondola...maybe a quick drive to Mount Robson, BC], drive the 4 ish hrs back to cowtown, stay a night or two, take in the stampede (and a free pancake breakfast, if they are doing them again) and start the drive back...and if dinosaur bones are your jam, add Drumheller to the agenda... and obviously plan on pulling over on the parkway between Banff and Jasper to take in the waterfalls, wild animals (just stay in your car, trust me lol) and other picturesque areas along the way.

Just a few suggestions!!! hahah

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Also fingers crossed it calms down a bit with covid stuff 🤣
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We're waiting for sure, I asked a travel group on facebook if it rains alot there in July (it's rainy season) and they said maybe once a day but you barley notice it! So fingers crossed 🤞🏻
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lovely! I hope you have an amazing time Smiley smile Smiley heart

• Raelee
    Beginner August 2023 Alberta
    Raelee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Always! Yes Smiley smile
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh!!! nice all inclusive???

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that sounds like fun!!! darn covid canceling everyones plans! back in march 2020 my Fiance and I traveled to Iceland and it got cut short so we were only there for 1 week. still loved our time there and would love to go back.

Thats a bummer you had to cancel so many times I'm glad the Bahamas worked for you two!

Bahamas sounds so nice though! is the pig beach in the Bahamas on your list or no?

my Fiance only has 2 weeks off the beginning of July so that's the only time we can go away this year.

• Raelee
    Beginner August 2023 Alberta
    Raelee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to Mexico! We love PV
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going to Sandals Bahamas.
    We had originally booked Secrets in St. Maarten but it was cancelled due to the resort not opening in the beginning of COVID…. then we booked an all inclusive in St. Lucia which got cancelled (due to our second postponed date) We then booked Sandals in St. Lucia twice which just recently got cancelled again last month….So now, Bahamas- due to our holiday time being so specific/tight, it’s the only thing that worked
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yess that's a good idea to wait a bit and see!!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I bet!! Sounds soo exciting and I know it'll be a blast 😀 that's super awesome they will adjust your price! That's definitely a difference already from 10 to 6.5!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's so beautiful, we will see were going to wait a month and a bit to see if the covid stuff has calmed down otherwise we will probably travel to Alberta which is something I've always wanted to do 😍

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics