Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erinn
Curious October 2022 Saskatchewan

Jamaica, Dominican, or Mexico?!

Erinn, on July 26, 2022 at 17:57 Posted in Honeymoon 0 14

Hello future brides!

My fiancé and I are trying to decide where to go on our honeymoon in January, but there are so many options its hard to decide! We want to go somewhere that neither of us have been before so we can both experience it for the first time together! That being said, that knocks off a few popular destinations in Mexico including PV, Cancun & Playa del Carmen, Huatulco, and Ixtapa. We're looking at 5 star all-inclusive resorts (preferably adults only) in a few places and might have it narrowed down to Negril, Montego Bay, Punta Cana, or Los Cabos.. but at this point we are still open to suggestions!! I would love it if anyone could help an indecisive girl out! Smiley smile Bonus points if you can give some insight into the differences in weather between the destinations I listed!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Lisshaa, on September 8, 2022 at 17:55
  • Lisshaa
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Lisshaa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have personally been to Jamaica and Mexico, although I may be a little biased as I am from Jamaica but my dream has always been to take a trip to the Dominican. I think it’s worth to know I do find that a lot of Jamaicans like taking trips to the Dominican as well as I found a lot of Dominicans take trips to Jamaica. One thing I can say is the food in Jamaica I find outweighs the food in the Dominican or Mexico. But I feel like this also depend on what type of trip you’re planning to have, the accommodations offered by the hotel, and price is always a factor! All three places have significant milestones that you can enjoy there it’s up to you of which ones mean the most to you and your partner. Try looking for some staple areas within those places that you would want to see!
  • Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've been to all three and Jamaica had the hottest weather and the best food! It's also the most expensive but you're guaranteed to enjoy the sunshine! They're all beautiful destination but we found it the most well rounded Smiley smile

• Erinn
    Erinn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just booked our honeymoon at Secrets Royal Beach in Punta Cana!! Thank you all for you insight. We are over the moon and so excited to experience the Dominican Republic for the first time together!

• Erinn
    Erinn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are leaning towards a Secrets Resort! I have heard amazing things about them!
  • Erinn
    Erinn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for the info! It’s nice to hear from someone that knows Jamaica so well!
  • Rachay
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Rachay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My family is from Jamaica and I dont recommend it in January, you won't get the best weather.

I have been to Punta Cana and it's amazing! However never in January so not sure what the weather is like then. From a quick Google search looks like January is the driest month for Punta Cana, so you'll like avoid the rain.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are deciding this right now ourselves lol except we want family friendly (perfer dpmething with a kids club so kids can do something for a few hours)
  • Ashley
    Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I can second this. The best time to go to Jamaica is April - July! In January it is very windy and the temp only gets to the mid to high 20s.
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will say though my favourite resort in Mexico is the secrets hotel chain. It was absolutely amazing. And they had really nice honeymoon rooms!

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning on going to Dominican in November! We looked at those places as well but we have both been to Mexico so much! My fiancés mom lived in the Dominican for a few years so my fiancé has been there a few times and loved it! Plus it’s pretty inexpensive and your still getting the Caribbean beaches and water!
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been to Jamacia in January and the weather wasn't great. Personally I would not recommend going then!
  • Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just booked our honeymoon to Jamaica for this November!! We are super excited. My sister has been to the exact resort that we are going to and she had the best time. Plus the reviews were really good!

• Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My family has been frequenting PV for YEARS...I mean 2 weeks, every year for like 10 in a row growing up, and my folks now live there 4 months out of the year (Jan - April) - we love it. Granted, we have only ever done an all-inclusive there 1x in Mexico, and that was Cabo (also beautiful), as we like to explore, and have never felt anything but safe in PV.

I have been to a few all-inclusives in DR, but was never really blown away by the food, and we were warned not to even walk to the disco down the road, at night, as tourists - take a cab.|

Have you looked at the Maldives, Mallorca, or Bali?

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a friend do Costa Rica, she said it was amazing and the weather was great. I have an other friend doing the DR in 2 weeks for her honeymoon and apparently it’s amazing according to mutual friends who have been there.

For my own honeymoon we are planning Montego Bay. I reminds me of a more cost friendly Bora Bora, I’m so excited to go! I have a list of places that I’m gonna book early next year!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics