Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

Gifts what to buy??? help

Carine, on May 25, 2022 at 14:50 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 34

I have no idea what to buy the wedding party as gifts, and is anyone buying the parents a gift? I thought jewelry for the girls since I found a decent online store and figured pay for their hair?

34 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on June 7, 2022 at 14:40
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'll check now, my mother in law has not used hers yet and she got it for Christmas two years ago.

Woman I do not mind re-gifted gifts Smiley tongue if you are not going to use it.

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The necklaces are from a vendor on Etsy when you’re searching
    Cricut has been my best friend for the wedding Smiley smile
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love these! I'll check out Shadow & Sun. My friend and my STB MIL also has a cricut, so I may borrow it and get my friend to help me with some ideas.

Thanks ladies

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not sure what to get both sets of parents yet, but I’ve got my bridesmaids covered.
    I’ll be paying for their hair & makeup + I bought everyone matching robes and slippers plus a little necklace for their birth month flower. I made tote bags with their birth month flower and makeup bags as well Gifts what to buy??? help 1
    Gifts what to buy??? help 2
    Gifts what to buy??? help 3

• Shelly
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love the socks for your Dad, what a great idea. Making a custom beer glass for your FIL would look good with his collection. I also found my soon MIL hard to buy for, she don't need much or want much. I might add candles to my girls baskets, never though of those. For my FH I had a handkerchief made with a special saying for I know he is going to an emotional mess and will need it...lol

Here to enjoying our special day with all of our family & friends.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Shelly,

These are great Ideas, I am taking notes for sure. I love these ideas.

I think I will get the following but my mind keeps changing

My father in law has a collection of beer glasses, and my MIL has a cricut that she never used, so I think this would be 1 off my list, and a nice addition to his collection to have one with our names and our date.

My MIL has tons of jewelry she doesn't wear so I may steal some of the ideas that some of you gave me.

My Dad I thought of getting socks that say Dad. Of all the walks we've taken, today will be my favorite and a tumbler that says I survived my daughters wedding.

For my girls, I thought of a candle and Fast flats, they sell them at party city and on the pouch place their names on it.

My FH I am getting a wood engraved watch with socks that say in case of cold feet and his favorite bottle of liquor to calm his nerves. lol

The groomsman he is on his own since I've been stressing on what to buy the others he can deal with them lol.

• Shelly
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good Day,

For us, we bought my Mom we got her loop earrings and my soon to be MIL a family tree gold necklace, for my soon to be FIL I have a custom handkerchief made for him. For the wedding party (which is small) we got wicker baskets and filled them with items that is custom to each person. And since we are blending families the children are getting personal made brackets with gem crystals on them.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are great idea, thank you
  • Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought all of the girls matching PJs for getting ready and then earrings. For my mother in law, I got her an engraved jewelry dish. I ordered my dad a tie that has a photo of us on the inside of it but haven't figured out something for my mom yet!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is also a great idea, My bridal I'll pay for their hair, and then get them something they can use as well as remember my wedding at the same time.

The parents I may steal your idea lol

• Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I got my mom similar to this! It's such a good idea, I got "for happy tears" and my wedding date embroidered on it

• Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's always nice to pay for a service for the girls if you want to (hair, makeup etc). In terms of gifts, I got my dad a tie clip engraved to wear that day, and my mom an embroidered handkerchief. For my bridesmaids I got them small glass trinket boxes with their initial, a dainty bracelet with a charm stamped with their birth flower, and a turkish beach towel with their initial embroidered. Oh and also some eye masks for them to use day of.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My dad and his mom are easy to buy for, but his dad is a little harder. I have lots of time, thinking also shop around for sales to keep it budget friendly, I also have someone who owns a cricket so I got some good Ideas that I can make and save more money. But I love these gift ideas, the blanket she might like. Thank you Smiley laugh

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not my bridal party but I do like how this brides photo turned out super cute.

• Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got my mom an Unhide blanket (I have one myself and it’s the coziest best thing ever). I’m also planning to get her an illustrated picture of us two on the wedding day (bought beforehand). My dad maybe a flask or nice bottle of wine? No idea for him. I told my fiancé he has to handle the gifts for his own parents lol
  • Lisa
    Curious June 2023 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This photo of your bridal party is so sweet Smiley heart

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks, those are great ideas. I am paying for their hair but wanted something for the wedding and something to match their personalities just wasn’t sure what. But I’ve been getting some good ideas and they aren’t picky.
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m paying for my girls hair and make up and giving them robes to get ready in or those long cute pyjama sets with their initials on the pocket I haven’t decided yet but each of the grooms men are going to get either a fancy bottle of alcohol or something along those lines.

I haven’t thought about gifts for my parents or spouses parents to be completely honest but it will probably be something that I feel matches them on wedding star they have really nice things when they are in stock!
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love these ideas thank you, this helps a lot!
  • Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got all of the parents these - They have them for Mother and Father of both Bride and Groom. I also got the moms robes and slippers in different colours than my bridal party since they were getting ready with us, and paid for half of hair and makeup.

Gifts what to buy??? help 4For the bridal party, I got them all matching robes and slides, which worked out perfectly for photos. I also got them all a matching bracelet (they chose their own earrings) from Olive & Piper, and paid for half their hair and makeup as well.

Gifts what to buy??? help 5

For the guys, my husband bought all of their ties, pocket squares and socks.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Never thought of doing Etsy, we love buying locally and supporting small businesses, it's what we did for Christmas. These are all great ideas makes it harder now.

I have a lot of time to buy, my list is small, 3 parents, 1 FH, 4 wedding party members.

Thank you so much, I have a few great ideas to choose from.

Love the tear jerker idea lol

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridal party is a small, so Im more open to spending more than the average bride might. I havent bought any gifts yet for day of, but I'll probably get my MOH some jewelry to wear and maybe PJs or robes, since we are having getting ready photos done. I also plan on paying for her hair and make up (as well as my mom)

I plan on doing something similar for parents. I'm going to buy mom and MIL a necklace and I think my mom and FIL the cute little hankies with sayings on them. The tear jerky type ahaha

As for the boys, still not sure what my FH wants to do, but we will for sure be buying them suspenders to hear that will be customized for them (as thats the look we are going for)

All these items Ive seen on etsy (I like supporting small business and if possible Canadian businesses too!)

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So many great ides, I'll look into that. Thank you!

• Tiana
    Curious June 2022 British Columbia
    Tiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ended up getting linen robes and balm dot coms (lip balms from Glossier) for the girls, and my fiancé is getting bottles of liquor for the guys (different ones depending on what they like)! We also wanted to get them things they can use/love after the wedding.
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I will for sure look there as well.

These are all great ideas. I was going to get jewelry but my taste is different from everyone. I want something fun and meaningful.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're so welcome. I did find similar ones at Party City as well
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will check it out, thank you so much!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I got them off Amazon

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love love the handkerchiefs where did you get them?

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that is a really great idea, his mom is huge on scrap booking, so I can have it started for her.

I want something they can use, I'm paying for their hair but I just feel it's not enough, I got them both a bridesmaid box with glass and champagne with tshirts and they both like squishmellows so got one that matches them. But now I'm looking for thank you gifts. These are great ideas.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a really great idea, Thank you Hank!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only have my MOH standing up for me and I gave this wine glass and I gifted her with earrings and a clutch for the day of the wedding.

I got my parents wine glasses and beer mugs. And bought handkerchiefs to give to them the morning while we're getting ready

Gifts what to buy??? help 6

Gifts what to buy??? help 7

Gifts what to buy??? help 8

Gifts what to buy??? help 9

Gifts what to buy??? help 10

Gifts what to buy??? help 11

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics