Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan

Bachelorette party and bridal shower

Cc, on May 31, 2022 at 09:13 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14
Who normally plans the bachelorette party and bridal shower? I'm really not one to go out etc heck I don't even drink because yes I take full responsibility as an adult/parent because I do have children all under the age of 7 and its definitely not easy to get a sitter.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on September 27, 2023 at 11:45
  • Audrey
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I let my MoH and 1 other bridesmaid know early on that what I wanted for a bachelorette was a relaxing overnight spa day/night with just the 2 of them. I didn't want a big hullaballoo. We had it this past weekend and it was exactly what I'd hoped for. We had some wine, a lot of laughs, nice spa treatments, time by the pool, and delicious food. So perfect!

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I honestly have no plans to have one, two of my best friends are up to something when we have all been hanging out and i come back they immediately stop talking and look guilty Smiley tongue i love it and ill gladly take whatever they throw my way as long as im dressed for the occasion Smiley tongue

• Alexis
    Newbie August 2022 British Columbia
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My stepmom and mom are planning my bridal shower, and the bridal parties are planning the bachelorette/bachelor party!
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH insisted to have both Bridal shower and Bachelorette party, and there was no talking her out of it. I didn't want any party, just my bridal party and MIL getting a day of food and pampering but, since my friend had a bridal shower she wants to up hers. I convinced her to do a garden party at my MIL and just invite the same people going to the wedding.

Now I am trying to convince her to have a low key bachelorette party at the fairmont (She gets a discount), just the 4 of us enjoying the scenery in the hot tubs. I'm turning 41, I'm too old to go clubbing and getting drunk. I just want something quiet and laid back. I do appreciate everything she is doing.

• Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridal party and a few friends have planned my bachelorette party. My mom, grandma, maid of honor and bridesmaids are planning my shower but have been asking for suggestions on what I would like included Smiley smile

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes toooo many toys!!! 😝
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Absolutely no registry for me I actually feel it's kinda wrong. I was invited to a wedding once and they had a gift registry and had like $400+ dollar items 😬 yikes. I mean each to their own. Is your house overwhelmed with toys like mine?! 🤣🤣🤣
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yep same here! Haha , we don’t need anything new!
    We also didn’t do a registry! We are doing a honeymoon fund if people wish to contribute and if not that’s completely fine!!
    But we don’t want a bunch of gifts! Our house is already full!! Haha
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I kinda feel the same about a bridal shower my significant other and I have been together 8 years and 4 kids later I definitely don't need anything lol
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's an awesome idea!!
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't having either a bachelorette party or a bridal shower. With our children being our wedding party we will probably have a party in the backyard making s'mores and watching a movie

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I planned what I wanted to do with my maid of honour, I have a son so I realize it’s hard even just one kid!
    Maybe you guys could have a fire in the backyard and play games then watch a movie! Slumber party vibes?

I decided not to have a bridal shower , I didn’t see the point in one!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's usually bridal party that plans the bachelorette (and it could be anything, doesn't need to include drinking!) and brides family usually plans the shower but I've seen in many cases both sides do it or even do two separate ones if they're in different cities. My MOH helped with the shower too.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH is planning my bachelorette party and my Mom, MIL and MOH are planning my bridal shower

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics