Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Beginner January 2023 British Columbia

Selecting a dj

Jessica, on May 31, 2022 at 22:17 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 19

Would love to know your experience with picking your DJ. How do you know if they are the right fit for you?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on June 9, 2022 at 11:27
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally agree!
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It really does especially when being kind is free

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Completely agree. Some responses were so short and not super friendly. It goes a long way!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its so cliché but sometimes first impressions are everything and that initial conversation you have with someone can make or break an experience.

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s amazing! Unfortunately we aren’t that lucky. But I’m glad it worked for you Smiley smile
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didnt have to pick

my grandmother requested we use a family friend who has been a dj for years ive personally never heard him but we had a good chat on the phone talked about visions and equipment so i think it will be a good set up

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Amazing, I definitely need to set up a call with the perspective companies. Thanks for the advice! Smiley smile

• Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a phone call with the DJ that will be doing ours and it really put us at ease! He was super easy going and really wanted to make the event what we wanted so we felt really comfortable booking him after speaking!

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for that great advice! Will be sure to meet directly with the person doing the wedding.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're not hiring an independent DJ, make sure you speak with the actual person who is actually working the wedding and not just the manager/sales rep. We had a great experience with the rep up until the day of the wedding but the actual DJ herself left much to be desired and I feel like we could've avoided the issues we had if I had met her ahead of time and got a sense of her vibe.

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s really good advice thank you so much for sharing!
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I asked our venue for recommendations, they gave me a list of 3 DJs that are familiar with the venue! (We also got 15% off our dj because I told him he was recommended by our venue coordinator)
    I went back and forth with the DJs and we chose based off cheapest price. Also having a look through their website I could get a feel for how their services were and if it aligned with what we wanted! Even though our dj isn’t too pricey in my opinion he is great to deal with and we are happy with the package we’re getting with him
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for this perspective as well. That’s a really good question to ask!
  • Farrah
    Curious April 2023 British Columbia
    Farrah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Similar to Amanda, my fiance and I also had a meeting with our DJ before we chose! We definitely went off vibes and as we're a fusion (Western, Indian, and Vietnamese) wedding we really wanted someone who had experience with that and was willing to share some sample mixes! Some DJs didn't want to share music from past events or it felt like they were trying to mansplain to me and I knew it wouldn't work. Definitely wanted someone friendly, open, and who knows how to keep a party going with similar music tastes to ours! We asked lots of questions Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Anytime hun! Smiley heart

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazing, I will try that out Smiley smile thanks again!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We had a zoom call with ours before we decided. Sometimes talking to them through phone or zoom will help instead of just emails!

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for that advice! It’s been tough knowing which one to choose and we didn’t want to just choose based on price. We wanted to have someone who gets how important music is to us Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I picked ours because the conversation we had was great. He gave us great vibes and we felt comfortable with him. Also price was a major factor in choosing him as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics