Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Super September 2022 Alberta

Bouquet flower preservation

Alyx, on March 22, 2022 at 17:09 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 14
I’ve been looking on Etsy to get my bouquet preserved, ideally I’d like it in a frame and then maybe some coasters. I’m hoping to find something in Canada but I couldn’t find too many shops that to do this.

Seems like such a waste to think about all the florals I will have left over 🥺 I wish I could keep them all!
Do you know of a company that preserves florals ?
What are you doing with your florals after your wedding?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on March 31, 2022 at 18:09
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow, yeah, that’s a lot of hours away. Dang! 😂
    Maybe you have to do a DIY project on your own. Haha!

These were my ideas. Maybe you dry them out and do something like this. Seems very lovely to get to complete it on your own too, once your vehicle has space for some.
    And you can also keep them cold, ice and change the water everyday if you want to keep them alive for a bit. 😂😂😂😂Bouquet flower preservation 1
    Bouquet flower preservation 2
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a good idea! I wish I didn’t live 10 hours away from my venue! I’ll see how much room I have in our vehicle to bring some home with us! I’m no gardener I know nothing about flowers so I’m nervous I’m going to ruin them but I’ve talked to a few ladies on Etsy to do resin coasters and a shadow box! It’s so expensive and not something I included in our budget lol so we will see what happens! But I’d really like to save them and get them preserved somehow!
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I kept on to my floral as long as I could as a decor in my home. Haha. They are all dried up now and in a vase. Hahahaha! But the good thing is, I did not buy a lot and was happy that I did not stress on if I spent a lot on it.

I was thinking to preserve them as well, but with all the busyness after our wedding. It went out of my mind. Haha. I love the ideas I’ve seen on Pinterest with it in the frame with the invite and such. However, because I did not have my invite printed, I did not think too much into it also.
    Did you decide on a plan yet?
  • Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Where are you located? I'm in Alberta and I'm having my flowers preserved in an old window frame! She also does floating frames and shadow boxes and has an option to add your invitiation.

This is her website if you want to check it out Smiley smile

Gallery (themombotjudydehoog.com)

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There is a resin sand you can get to preserve the flowers. You may want to look up on youtube on how to do so. It is a process which will take time to do and to be careful not to lose any petals or its shape.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd look for anyone local to you who works with Resin. If you press the flowers yourself I'm sure anyone who works with resin could create coasters!
  • Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I’m just going to have a piece of art made (painting or sketch) to remember them - an old friend from high school does really nice work bouquet prints
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don't recall what my florist said for the eucalyptus but I know I have some of that in mine! I only for sure roses dry nicely I have a rose from a couple years ago still perfect in shape that I dried!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I’ll check there thanks!!
    I live in BC but my wedding is in Alberta, so I’m not sure if it’s easier to just drop the flowers off in Alberta (if I’m able to find someone there) on my way back to BC
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am, I will post there thanks!!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great tips thank you!! I sent an email to my florist as week to see if she has any suggestions!
    Mine are roses and eucalyptus!
    Perfect thanks so much!
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Carmel, check your local FB groups. Can't remember if you were AB based, or BC based, but if AB, I know I see a lot of people offer this service.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are you part of your local wedding Facebook group? I'd ask there. I know in mine this comes up a lot and there tried and true options.
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My florist said that I can dry most of the flowers out so I'll be hang drying them and also I could flatten them in a book... she told me unfortunately some items won't preserve well but roses (which I'll have roses) will preserve nicely..

I have yet to find another option as I'd love to put it in a shadow box so if I find a shop that does it I'll send it your way!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics