Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Devoted September 2022 Ontario

Wedding favours

Meghan, on April 26, 2022 at 16:45 Posted in Wedding reception 0 28
What is everyone doing/do for wedding favours? I was thinking cookies but would love some other options that are budget friendly! TIA

28 Comments

Latest activity by Krista, on May 28, 2022 at 08:54
  • Krista
    Curious June 2022 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided on a candy buffet as well as can koozies. Our “bar” is open, and it’s all canned beverages so we though koozies would be a nice added touch. I got them on Amazon (50 for $25) and customized them with my cricut and iron on vinyl. They say “to have and to hold and to keep your drink cold”.
  • Darla
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Darla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We made 4iz beeswax candles in little jars and painted dancing bears on them.
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing bottle openers it goes with our theme. i like the idea of book marks with your names on it and a poem about love. i did that for my first wedding 20yrs ago lol

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancee came up with the idea of creating a cookbook of our favorite recipes to share with our guests. During the epidemic we both experimented a lot with cooking in the absence of date nights and we found new recipes for so many different things. We are including recipes for salads & vegetables, entrees, desserts and drinks. She is designing/typing the book and I will print it. We anticipate making about 50-60 copies given our expected guest numbers.
  • Luanne
    Beginner January 2023 British Columbia
    Luanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our centerpieces are doing double duty! We plan to have giant bowls of fruit as our centerpieces and as our favours. Our wedding is very food-inspired so glass bowls piled with grapes, lemons, limes, pears, pomegranates, etc.

• K
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Kaitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing coffee! Bought sealable bags on Amazon and customized a stamp with our names, wedding date and it says “The perfect blend” (got off Etsy) and filling with our favourite coffee blend. My thought was that with any leftover/forgotten favours we’ll end up using up the coffee anyways.
  • Kathy
    Curious June 2022 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are skipping the favours and making a donation to a cause close to us.

I did up a nice sign saying just that.

Unless it is an edible favour it is an expense that isn't really needed.

• Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I could of ordered the packets and then fill them myself however I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg so I bought the packets and made the logo on my circuit machine (a lot of work as I had to do 60 of them) and then I filled them with our favourite blend of coffee! the packet fit about 1.5 spoons of coffee so a cute little amount!

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that’s awesome!!! 😍😍😍
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing an open bar...so should we treat that as a "thank you"? Ha ha ha - I find the favors a waste of money, most of the time they're always left behind.

• Stacey
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this idea! I looked into Purdy's chocolates, they are so yummy. They said if I buy the boxes and bring to them they will pkg up the chocolate with love. Turned out to be half the price Smiley smile

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were going for an edible favor, since then we have added a photo booth to our wedding. Now we are going to provide a photo of each couple as our favor.

• Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing s’mores 😊
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're going with a candy bar. I got the jars for it off of marketplace for about $15. It was an incredible deal. She even gave me the tote bin for them 😊Wedding favours 1
    My kids are so excited about buying candy for it. I promised they could pick it out.
  • Melanie
    Curious August 2022 Alberta
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing a candy bar! It’s reasonably priced and guests can choose if they want to make up a box or not. On the plus side whatever is left extra, my fiancé and I and our families can just take it home😋 So nothing will really go to waste!
  • Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are making little soaps!

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think consumable is the best option for favors. I really enjoyed the time I got a cookie as a favor. Made a perfect snack for walking back to my hotel room haha

Another favor I enjoyed was a when my friends had a photo booth. So having some fun photos from the night was awesome.

I agree with others that if its a tangible item, most likely it wont get used or even taken. I really like the idea of glasses as favors (especially since our wedding will be at a brewery) but I think it needs to be done right. Personally, I wont use a glass with someone elses names on it, but if it had my name on (and even if it had the wedding date on it) I'd be more likely to use it.

I'm loving seeing the options some of you are doing. Giving me ideas!!

• Stephanie
    Featured February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm making jam as favours.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would've been our second choice as my wife and I are also coffee drinkers. Did you ordered them as pre-packed samplers or did you have to make the packaging yourself and fill with coffee?

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing chocolates! You can get little chocolates anywhere! Amazon sells little chocolate boxes in multiples for cheap! 100 boxes for 20 bucks!
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided to do small packets of coffee which says our names, date and "The perfect blend" as we drink coffee together every morning
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right?! I can't justify spending money like that for what?! Yes it's a nice gesture for coming to the wedding but it's 2022 and honestly do whatever feels right for you and your fiance. Spend that money on something else if you wish!

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are also doing a late night snack as well! So I feel like I should scratch the favours!
  • Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg!!! I love that you said this! I totally agree! Every wedding I’ve been to I never got a wedding favour or I just forgot to take one cause I never thought of it! And I honestly can’t fathom spending $500 on cookies for every one to eat as a thank you lol!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not doing favours but id say something edible is best!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've decided against doing favors. Half the time guests forget to take them home and thats money wasted in our eyes. We can instead use that money towards something else for the wedding
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Instead of the traditional favour, we are doing a late night snack. Most likely a poutine bar.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We made our own beer and everyone took a bottle home. A lot of other couples do make-your-own wine but we prefer beer. Some places also have cider options. For the beer, it came to roughly $2 a bottle.

Wedding favours 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics