Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maggnard-Smanta
Devoted July 2022 Quebec

Days before the wedding

Maggnard-Smanta, on April 2, 2022 at 09:59 Posted in Before the wedding 0 58
Hey there,

I was wondering if some of you have an idea of how you were planning on spending your days before the wedding day. Did you take days off, spending time eith family, ect.
Our wedding day is on a Friday, I was thinking of taking maybe 2-3 days off before the wedding day. I know some people have specific timelines of what they plan on doing.
Would like to go to the spa with the FH.
Spend some time with my family from the USA. Honestly don't know how and where my mental state will be 3 days before the wedding haha

58 Comments

Latest activity by Maggnard-Smanta, on June 14, 2022 at 23:20
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! It is a great idea 🙏🏼😌
  • Yami
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the spa idea! My FH and I are getting mani pedis a few days before the wedding!
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    As you should! ❤️☺️
  • Alexis
    Newbie August 2022 British Columbia
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m taking two days off before the wedding to prep and relax as best as I can haha
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m sure you’ll be fine just try to plan everything in advance! Good luck you got this!
  • Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know what my mental state will be either lol I'm taking four days off before the wedding to finish up some last minute projects and then pack everything up to take to the wedding. We are from Edmonton area and getting married in Banff so I'm a little stressed out about getting everything down there. I'm also leaving a day to get my nails done and hang out with the girls and my fiance!

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good! Enjoy that weekend!
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are both working up until the wedding date. Our wedding is on a Saturday and I get off work the Friday morning before (being a shift worker). My fiancee gets off in the afternoon so I would imagine it will be almost straight to rehearsal after that, with our wedding party & parents.
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is perfect!
  • Shantel
    Beginner September 2022 Ontario
    Shantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be taking 2 days off before my wedding and spending time with family and making sure everything is ready
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is awesome! Good for you!!!

• Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm actually a SAHM so i technically already have the time off haha but my fiance is taking the day before our wedding off and the week after our wedding!

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I get it! Take advantage of those days!

• Jocelyn
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! I’m getting married on a Saturday and taking Thursday-Wednesday off! I have so many appointments on the Thursday and Friday will be filled with family coming to town/rehearsal and dinner.
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! Soak it all in!!!

• Laura
    Newbie July 2022 Saskatchewan
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am taking off the Wed-Fri before my Saturday wedding and then also taking the following Monday and Tuesday off to return any anything rented and to simply decompress and enjoy a couple days to soak it all in!

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

With you 100%. My situation is quite similar to you! Though, they give 1 week paid off for weddings. That helps!

Enjoy every moment you have!!!!

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I get it, I'm doing the same too, hopefully I can have 2 to 3 days before our wedding.

Good luck!

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cottage really cool! It's like a mini moon. Enjoy Smiley shame

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow! Being a stay at home mom is demanding too! You need that time off so good for you! Enjoy every moment you have.

Take that spa day Smiley heart

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love it! Sounds all great! A whole month. What a blessing!

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Spa days are the best! Totally agree.

I wish you nice moments with your family and friends from the USA. I also hope to be able to spend some quality time with my folks from the States.

For packing, you could maybe try doing it 2 to 4 weeks before hahaha. I'm crazy when I pack. At least for the main things, then you can finish up your packing. You'll have time for sure!

Good luck!

• Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve schedule my nails and spa appt earlier on in the week for my Saturday wedding. My MOH and husband will be here from the US on the Wednesday- so I’ll be trying to spend a bit of time with them- dinner, drinks etc. Last minute venue stuff on Thursday… I’ve tried not to schedule any clients that week for work so I can be a bit more flexible- and I made myself unavailable for 2 weeks prior at the hospital so I can stay well rested… just basically hoping to tie up any last minute things, chill out and maybe pack for the honeymoon if there’s time!
  • Audrey
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm taking off two days before the wedding for whatever last minute stuff needs to be done, get my Mani Pedi done, and have our rehearsal and dinner. I'm taking off a week and a half after to visit with family and friends from out of town and take my FH's kids for a short vacation, probably to the cottage, to unwind before going back to work. We're taking our honeymoon in September.
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A lot depends on your number of vacation days. I didn't have much left by August, so I only took 1.5 days off before the wedding. However, we took a two week honeymoon after the wedding.
  • Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We took time off starting the Tuesday before our Friday wedding - My immediate family arrives from out of town on the Wednesday so it gives me time for all of my appointments and some time to enjoy having them here. I started a new job last year so I don’t have as many vacation days as I used to so it’s something I went back and forth on and we have since decided to take the entire following week off for a honeymoon, which we weren’t going to do but desperately need it. Our wedding is April 29th and it’s hard to think I’ll have used nearly half my time off by then but I think it’s so important to have that time before and after - Wedding planning is A LOT, especially during a pandemic so I think we all deserve that time to rest and enjoy a bit.. and I definitely NEED it.
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m a stay at home mom so technically I don’t have to take time off haha but still mom duties 😉

My venue is 10 hours away so I’m going down with my toddler and staying with my maid of honour to get stuff done two weeks before the wedding while my fiancé works and then he is taking off the week of the wedding!
    I don’t imagine it will be very relaxing for me lol trying to remember everything I need to bring for myself, my family and the wedding but if I forget anything my fiancé can bring it.

Definitely goto the spa that sounds nice lol I’m definitely looking forward to dropping my son off and getting my nails done and the pamper kinda appointments! Lol
  • Bonita
    Newbie May 2022 Alberta
    Bonita ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have booked myself off from mid May to mid June. Our wedding is on May 28. I have family coming from out of province so I want to spend time with them. My MOH is arriving on the 25th so we will have a pamper day before the big day! We are taking two weeks off for a honeymoon right after the wedding.
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm sure it will be amazing!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I can't wait for the month and a bit off of work!

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    A whole month sounds amazing! Good for you ans enjoy!!!!
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lucky you! Enjoy every moment!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics