Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Featured May 2023 Ontario

Invitation / rsvp Anxiety

Julie, on August 16, 2022 at 18:14 Posted in Before the wedding 0 16

Just reading over some of these invitation discussions and OH MY....MY HEAD!

There are too many dates to keep in mind and it's quite overwhelming. Our Wedding date is May 6, 2023 and plan on sending the invites out by late December or early January. I just ordered my invites and are being shipped as we speak. I had put RSVP date of April 15 not realizing that my wedding contract says they need final numbers 1 month before and Finalize guest count 2 weeks (Apr 15) before Smiley atonished I am hoping that since they are being sent out early there won't be anyone I have to chase....My Head! Do i need to worry about this RSVP date?? Don't know if I should leave it or should I re do / re order the RSVP??? uggggggggggggggggghhh

16 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on August 25, 2022 at 01:22
  • D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our RSVP date was today (wedding is a month away) and we have only a handful of RSVPs. We are planning to give a few more days as some invitations went out late but not a lot more time. Like someone else mentioned you need definite numbers for catering/seating.
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Darbi
  • Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't spend the money on redoing your invitations but in my experience you will have to chase people down no matter how far in advance you put the date. A week or two before you need final numbers just reach out to everyone you haven't heard from. I had my deadline two months before the wedding and still had lots of people I had to contact. You'll still get people a few days before your wedding letting you know if they're making it or not but it'll all work out!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Lisa. Yes agreed. I have changed my deadline for 6 weeks before the wedding. This gives me more time. Either way, I will probably have to chase a few people. And those will probably be the ones I email their invite LOL.

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn’t give a late deadline it’s 6 weeks out from my wedding and I only need final numbers 2 weeks out. I was just saying it’s shocking how many people wait until that rsvp deadline to respond. So the fact that Julie needs final numbers 2 weeks before the date that’s on the rsvp currently means there’s a risk that they won’t come in early enough and it’s better to redo them.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

To be fair, if you give someone a late deadline, you can't be annoyed at them for leaving the decision until said deadline.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the info. Yes only a handful are paper invites. I changed my rsvp cards but will hold off on sending anything till at least 2-3 months before the date
  • Elizabeth
    Newbie September 2022 British Columbia
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have online reservation…or a website? Do you have a list of all your attendees and their email addresses? That is the EASIEST way to go. I only did paper invites for a handful of guests. I would just shoot emails saying…one more week to book hotel rooms. Or RSVPs due by this date. And leave it at that. Adults can make you run around asking the same questions over and over again and you already have so much on your plate. Also, it’s better to send out invitations two months before the wedding date. Anything further out is the invite getting buried in bills.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If the price isn't too great I would resend them.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think to be on the safe side, I will re order the rsvp's and change that date. Good thing i won't be out too much money in doing this
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would possibly redo the rsvp's. We had about 15 people at the very end of our rsvp deadline respond. You don't want to be stuck in a bind.

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d redo the rsvp insert if possible.
    Our deadline is August 22 and we’re still waiting on 11 people. I sent a reminder 1 week out when we were still waiting on 34.
    I’m actually shocked how late people leave it to rsvp
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Perhaps I will wait longer before sending out the invites.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Almost all of our guest list waited to respond till closer to the deadline. A week before the deadline we only had like 15% of RSVPs. I did send everyone a reminder a week before and then we got almost all RSVPs within 2 days
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If I redo anything, it would be the RSVP's which weren't that much on Vistaprint. It's a RSVP postcard so they have the option to snail mail, email or visit the website.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is it a major cost to redo it? I personally get annoyed when I'm nudged for an RSVP well ahead of the listed deadline and if you're asking for snail mail RSVPs, a lot of people will leave it til the last minute. Even online RSVPs won't all come in at the beginning, especially since you gave them such a long reservation window.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics