Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cacharel
Newbie May 2023 Alberta

Vendor Meals

Cacharel, on August 18, 2022 at 16:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
I saw a post on Instagram about feeding the vendors you hire. I guess it makes sense as they’ll be working long hours but i didnt take account it when doing our food budget.

Are you feeding your vendors in your wedding?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 22, 2022 at 04:12
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most vendors do add that a meal has to be provided as the venue would give the same information. You can choose to give the same meal as your guests or just the main course alone depending on the price your paying for the meal itself.

We did have to feed 2 vendors ( 2 people from each) which was included in our venue cost. They were provided the main course only and nothing more.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't need to add that yes you need to feed them but wanted to say talk to your venue - most have vendor meals. Ours was the same meal but for half the price!
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are feeding our photographers and dj! Sometimes it’s in the contract and sometimes it’s not!
    For my photographer and videographer we just offered and the appreciated and accepted. My dj had in the contract a yes or no if we will feed him and we chose yes!
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

TBH I would just do it, I would rather our photographers be in the same room than to leave for an hour or more to find food for themselves.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with everyone in checking the contract of course but I also agree with Hank. I think it's a really nice touch to feed your vendors. We tried our best to have our vendor team feel welcome and enjoy the party as well (puts everyone in a much better mood and in turn usually equals great service and results!). We fed our catering staff, waiter, head waiter, chef, bartender, our two piece band, magician, and photographer as they were all there the whole night apart of the party.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Even if the contract doesn't stipulate it, if they are working your event during meal hours, you need to feed them. Would you rather they run off somewhere to get food and potentially missing moments during your wedding?

• Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We fed our vendors who stuck around during the reception- photographers, DJ and coordinator. We didn't include rentals or florist who were there for set up but left after it was done. I would double check who will still be around through dinner but I would definitely feed them if they are. Mine definitely appreciated it!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had 4 vendors to feed. We had to feed our 2 photographers, our dj (he did the ceremony and reception) and our decorator/bartender.
  • Cacharel
    Newbie May 2023 Alberta
    Cacharel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ladies for the advice!
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the 2 ladies! Double check your contracts with your vendors that will be around for the dinner. My only vendor staying is our photographer, and when I asked if she had any dietary issued she laughed and said shes such a peaky eater, she'll likely just eat before hand but her contract does request a meal (or time to go eat during the day) but I still planned on her as a head for meals. (I actually immediately added them - 2 photographers - to the guest list when we booked so I didn't forget to add their meals hehe)

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had to feed our 2 photographers as well as our DJ. It states that this was a must in our contract since we had them for more than 5 hours.

I would check your contracts just to make sure.
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have any vendors that stayed for dinner (besides the actual restaurant staff) so no, we didn't have to feed anyone. However, I think a lot of photographers/DJs/Planners will stipulate whether or not they need a meal in the contract. You should check there first.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics