Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Super September 2022 Alberta

Bride & Groom toast ?

Alyx, on August 15, 2022 at 18:16 Posted in Wedding reception 1 10
Are any brides doing a thank you toast/speech with your groom?

We’ve decided to do one! BUT we are having a huge debate about it lol. My fiancé thinks it should be short thank everyone in summary. Where as I think your supposed to thank in laws, your own parents, wedding party, friends and family, and vendors!
Help us clear up this debate!! Lol

10 Comments

Latest activity by Darbi, on August 18, 2022 at 21:37
  • Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were on the fence about this too. My fiance is not one for attention. It was already a lot with the ceremony and first dance we we ultimately decided not to. We made our rounds to each table to thank everyone personally instead and will be sending out thank you cards when we get our photos back Smiley smile No one noticed that we didn't get up and talk!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH is not one for toasts so it will probably be me thanking everyone. It will be quick but a shout out to the parents and bridal party then a thank you to everyone who came.

Doesn't have to be too long but a quick thank you. For the caterers chances are they will be too busy to hear anything but it's always nice incase they do listen.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The bride and groom toast can be as short or long as you wish from your end. You two finish with the last speech as the main couple to thank everyone including families for the support.

I did do the speech for us both though my husband isn't a public speaker. I did say about families coming together and their support towards us. Thanking all guests who came out for us and husbands parents up in the stars watching over us.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided to say a few words. Quick and simple. However, he wants to say something completely on his own, which is worrying the hell out of me Smiley atonished

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually planned on not doing any toasts really but in the moment, at dinner, I was feeling like it was the time to stand up and say something so I did! Just a short thank you to everyone and how special it was for us to have everyone there. About 15-20 min. later my (now) husband haha : ) got up and said a thank you and thanked my parents (who he sees as the foundation of our family) which I thought was really sweet! It was totally all natural and just felt right!

• Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did a super quick, thanks for coming and thanks for all the help. We probably would of had more to say if we would have actually planned the speech lol.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did thank yous for important family members who played big roles in our wedding day and did a general thank you to all our vendors
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I 1000% agree with you. Especially if you're getting support from your family, friends and wedding party - and not just financially; emotional support is important to recognize too. Your vendor and guest thank you can be a lot quicker but I would be SO offended if I was a bigger part of your day (especially as a parent) and I was lumped into everyone else's thank you.
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Amanda! I guess he wins this one 😝
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just a big thank you to everyone and that was it! Just short and sweet and then we started the party!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics