Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Frequent user October 2024 Ontario

Honeymoon suggestions in Canada!

Samantha, on October 26, 2021 at 10:46 Posted in Honeymoon 2 23

Good Morning!

Just wondering if any recently married or soon-to-be married couples have suggestions for a Honeymoon in Canada May 2022? Any locations you have visited and LOVED, we would love your input, please!

My Fiancée and I, have thrown around the idea of RV rental and searching for hidden Waterfalls / Light houses. (but are finding its quite pricey in our opinion.)

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all in advance! 🥰

23 Comments

Latest activity by Darbi, on April 25, 2022 at 16:40
  • Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're able to, definitely check out Vancouver Island! We spent 10 days there and I didn't want to leave! The beach, rainforest and waterfalls were beautiful Smiley smile

• Charity
    Curious June 2023 Ontario
    Charity ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Tofino, British Columbia! I went to visit there for the first time in September 2021 and The beaches and views of the sunsets were just breathtaking. If you love being surrounded by the ocean, I would totally recommend! Honeymoon suggestions in Canada! 1

Honeymoon suggestions in Canada! 2

• Roberta
    Newbie October 2021 Alberta
    Roberta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Go to my home land Newfoundland!!!
  • S
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Darlene. WOW, that sounds wonderful. Thank you for this suggestion!

• S
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Michelle. Thank you for your suggestion, we will look into Jasper!

• S
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Hank. Thank you very much, we hadn't thought of it like that.

• S
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Amanda. Thank you so much, we will definitely add them to the list of places to research!

• S
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Carmel. We sure are open to going anywhere as long as we are still in Canada, thank you for your input!

• S
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Stacey. Thank you so much for this info, I will definitely look into these places you mentioned! Montreal is lots of fun, but unfortunately I cannot speak on the Maritimes.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am originally from Quebec but moved to Alberta 16 years ago. I have been to Banff/Canmore area and Jasper about 10 times in total - done the same things too and I can guarantee that each time I go my breath is taken away.

I had the pleasure of being there the first time my fiancé saw them (he is from NB) and he told me it was such an overwhelming but beautiful moment for him when we got really close and was driving the highway in between the mountains. It truly is something else. Yes it can probably get expensive, but it is totally worth it. We have already decided as our mini-moon in 2024 that we are going to go up for a few days (a lot of our friends are getting married in 2024 because they all got engaged around the same time as us) then the following summer we are doing the actual honeymoon in Italy,

• S
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Jamie. Vancouver Island sounds wonderful, I will look into that, Thank you. But yes I agree about being broke after the wedding lol. We just want to do something nice but not something that is going to brake the bank after the wedding and buying a house!

• S
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Brittany. I hear so many amazing things about the views out west, I've never been outside of Ontario 🙊... Sure is a hike from Ontario but seems worth it! Always wanted to visit Banff, I will look into Canmore and Jasper also, thank you for the suggestion!

• S
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Liberty. Always wanted to visit Banff, I will look into Canmore. Thank you!

• Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A cross country road trip would be fun! If not then PEI, Cape Breton, Whistler, Jasper, Banff so many great places to go!

• Darlene
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Darlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and I just got back a month ago from doing the Cabot trail on cape Britain island Nova Scotia. It was breath taking. So many amazing views. We also went to fund national park. Seeing the hopewell rocks and the tide change. We plan to go back again the summer to take the kids.
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We visited Jasper in 2018 and it's where we got engaged, it's such a beautiful little town and we would highly recommend visiting

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're looking to drive, it's definitely easier to go out east then west when coming from Ontario. Though if you're going to the east coast and can snag cheap flights, I would opt for that and rent a car there. It'll give you an extra 3 days of sight-seeing and activities. That two day drive per way is way too mentally draining to start a vacation.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Banff, Jasper, Canmore, Golden, Kelowna, Penticton, Victoria, Vancouver are all wonderful places to go! Been to all of them and they all have great places to visit and see!

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sounds like you should go out east!! I can't be more helpful because I haven't been but a roadtrip out east is definitely on our list. We've down west a number of times - also beautiful but not what I think of when I read your post haha.
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For something in the mountains, I'd recommend Golden. Close to Banff if you still want to venture in but not as touristy yet still has a resort. We were thinking of getting married there before the pandemic happened.

On Van Island, Chemainus & Ladysmith are darling and not as big destinations. For somewhere different, there was a possibility of my SO getting transferred to Nelson BC, and while I've never been I did a lot of research and google exploring and is definitely a cute little place.

I've unfortunately never been out east, but Old Montreal, and the Maritimes are on my list.

• Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We probably will do a mini-moon too the weekend after the wedding...possibly go over to Vancouver Island? We're undecided yet

Then when we save up a bit more money (because I'm pretty sure we will be broke after the wedding lol), we will go to an all-inclusive Mexico trip for our actual honey moon when hopefully there will be less covid restrictions, etc.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided to do a mini-moon because so many of our friends are getting married around the same time as us (his best man is getting married the weekend after us), so we are doing either Banff, Canmore or Jasper. I know it is far from Ontario, but personally the people who are from the east absolutely are amazed when they see the mountains for the first time, it is absolutely beautiful, you will find your waterfalls and hiking trails all over the place (if that is your thing).

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My Fiancé and I are doing a mini-moon in May in either Banff or Canmore. We have been to banff a couple times and we love it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics