To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsey
Frequent user June 2022 Ontario

Music outdoors/no power?

Kelsey, on May 31, 2022 at 11:45 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 7
Our ceremony will be in a forested area with
A) no power
B) very little, if any, cell reception
Have any other brides had this situation? How did you do music? We are thinking of using a portable speaker (but hooked up to what we're not sure, would have to be something that can last long without power). And having to have someone essentially "run" it and press it on cue.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Darbi, on June 2, 2022 at 13:34
  • Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a portable bluetooth speaker and having a friend run it for us! We have two bose speakers that pair together so everyone will be able to hear it Smiley smile

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have my music on Spotify with numbered playlist and asked my Bestfriends Husband to be the MC and in charge of the music as well. It will be on my ipad and I bought a few USB battery packs incase the ipad needs charging. Spotify you can download the songs but does use up space.

• A
    Beginner June 2022 Alberta
    Abby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My ceremony space also does not have any power source so I’ll be renting a battery operated Bluetooth speaker for my music. I’m renting it from
    Long McQuade .
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Long and McQuade has battery powered PA systems that you can rent. Just drive it to the ceremony site, set it up, and plug in your music source.

• Elena
    Curious November 2020 Ontario
    Elena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Kelsey,

If you are open to someone playing an instrument, that’s an option too. (Guitar, violin, flute etc) I was at a wedding where one of the guests played the ceremony music on guitar for the couple. Best of luck and I’m sure you will find a solution that works for you.
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you only need for your ceremony, Im sure you could find some device that runs off batteries to be used as a speaker. And if possible have your music downloaded, and not played off data.

Personally, I am going the "DIY" music route, so I just plan on having one of my guests (that I trust) to kinda manage the music during the ceremony.

• Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about an ipad/tablet. Just make sure to bring a back-up charger. You can get portable ones for camping. All music can be downloaded so you don't need cell reception.

Do you have any family members that would be willing to run the music? I have cousin doing mine.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics