Toronto, Ontario · From February 2022

🕐 WEDDING COUNTDOWN...

August 13, 2022

9hrs : 50min

Discussions

Danielle
First Dance
Danielle, On July 19, 2022 at 19:27

What was/is going to be your first dance song and how did you choose it? We went back and forth on a few - Lyrics were really important to us. We thought we had picked one then Callum Scott released...

Rachay, monday 8-Aug-22 18
Erinn
Jamaica, Dominican, or Mexico?!
Erinn, On July 26, 2022 at 17:57

Hello future brides! My fiancé and I are trying to decide where to go on our honeymoon in January, but there are so many options its hard to decide! We want to go somewhere that neither of us have...

Erinn, monday 8-Aug-22 11
Alexia
Ceremony - 5pm - Hair and Makeup Timeline
Alexia, On July 27, 2022 at 19:46

My ceremony starts at 5pm. I have 6 bridesmaids and the bride getting hair and makeup so 7 total. We have 1 makeup artist and 1 hair stylist. The photographer is coming at 1:30 and the limo is getting...

Rachay, monday 8-Aug-22 13 1
Elizabeth
Lost
Elizabeth, On July 28, 2022 at 11:35

Getting married next year in October and I feel so lost and confused. I don't have a very good relationship with my mom or dad and I feel like im doing everything alone without being able to ask my...

Rachay, monday 8-Aug-22 8
Emma
rsvp Frustration
Emma, On August 3, 2022 at 11:06

Everyone is trying to invite their sister's hamster's uncle's mechanic as their plus one, asking to "keep me posted" weeks after the RSVP-by date, swapping out their addressed invitations to their...

Giuseppina, an hour ago 11
Jenny
How soon after sending invites do you get rsvp's?
Jenny, On August 3, 2022 at 13:27

So we sent out invites a little over three weeks ago and I feel like I'm getting rsvp's super slowly - no one on my fiancé's side has rsvp'd yet and besides my parents and maid of honour only three...

Rachay, monday 8-Aug-22 10
Melanie
Engagement ring on wedding day
Melanie, On August 3, 2022 at 14:21

What did everyone do with their engagement rings on their wedding day? Specifically during the ceremony! Did you wear it on your right hand, not wear it all?

Dessa, tuesday 9-Aug-22 8 1
Cc
Wedding vows
Cc, On August 3, 2022 at 21:37

Ok I wanna write my own vows but I dunno where to start or what exactly should be put any advice be great.

Rachay, monday 8-Aug-22 5
A
Need advice- family emergency
Ashley, On August 4, 2022 at 00:32

Hello ladies! I’ve been scrolling through these discussion to try and get some advice. My father was just diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma cancer. He is starting an aggressive chemo next week for the 4...

Rachay, monday 8-Aug-22 4
Danielle
Artificial Flowers
Danielle, On August 4, 2022 at 10:43

We are money crunching right now. What is everyone's thoughts on artificial flowers?

Lissa
Final details
Lissa, On August 4, 2022 at 14:23

We’re 58 days away from the big day so now we’re at the stage of fine tuning all of the final details. How many days away are you and what do you have left to do? I just picked up our marriage license...

Rachay, monday 8-Aug-22 12
Ashley
Deciding on a Venue
Ashley, On August 5, 2022 at 12:22

Hello everyone! We are planning to get married in early fall 2023. We have looked at a couple venues , but it's still early and we want to keep our options open. Just wondering how long you waited on...

Giuseppina, tuesday 9-Aug-22 10
Julie
diy flowers - real or fake?
Julie, On August 6, 2022 at 11:54

Debating if I should make an attempt at DIY boutenieres and corsage. Faux or real flowers? Wondering what some of you ladies decided on?

Amanda, yesterday at 18:54 15
M
Wedding Invitation Help!!
Micaela, On August 6, 2022 at 16:00

Hello brides of 2023!! I’m getting married Aug 24, 2023. Looking for wedding invitation inspo!! Would love to see your invites 😄

Micaela, tuesday 9-Aug-22 10
J
International friends and their kids
Jessica, On August 6, 2022 at 17:25

Hi everyone, My fiancé and I are getting married in 2024, so still a ways off. About half of the guests that we’re going to invite are not from Canada (mostly from the UK) since that’s where my...

KELLY, tuesday 9-Aug-22 4
Nicole
Invitations
Nicole, On August 4, 2022 at 17:34

Hi guys! I was just wondering what the appropriate timeline is to send out wedding invitations? We aren’t doing save the dates, just the invites. However, the majority of our guests do not live...

Valerya
Difficult time deciding who to ask to be my maid of honour and bridesmaids. Help!
Valerya, On August 2, 2022 at 14:44

1. In short ( I don't feel close to my best friend anymore who i would have loved to have as my MOH) 2. Other girls in friend group don't get along. 3. I'm worried if I pick one of my other friends,...

Rachay, monday 8-Aug-22 13
Malyssa
Wedding band costs
Malyssa, On August 6, 2022 at 13:30

Hi all! I'm just curious (if you're okay to share) what everyone spent on wedding bands? We're starting to look into it and just wondering what the average looks like.

Alison, tuesday 9-Aug-22 16
Lindsay
Cake tasting
Lindsay, On November 5, 2021 at 14:37

Hi everyone I have a question, Is it common to have a comped cake tasting if we are buying the cake from that company? I am doing some research and this one company is changing $80 for a cake...

Rachay, wednesday 25-May-22 6
Abbie
Hair or make up - which comes first?
Abbie, On May 17, 2022 at 22:11

I’m assuming hair, since they generally wash your hair but I truly don’t know 😅🙈

Darla, wednesday 25-May-22 24
Laura
Flowers... Real vrs Faux?
Laura, On May 13, 2022 at 09:49

Help! I am stuck between beautiful real and faux flowers. How did you decide between the two? I have fallen in love with Sola Flowers (faux flowers made out of wood, see link below) and love the idea...

Rachay, wednesday 25-May-22 11
Carlie
Has anyone ever had their bridesmaids wear their own jewelry?
Carlie, On May 21, 2022 at 09:07

Hey everyone, I know it's pretty common to buy your bridesmaids their jewelry but I'm really not into that kind of gift for them because usually they're purchased from somewhere cheap/They are worn...

Yami, monday 13-Jun-22 12
Rebecca
Wedding Cake!!!
Rebecca, On May 25, 2022 at 10:39

Roughly how much is everyone paying for a 4 tier wedding cake? picture for size reference

Rayanne, sunday 29-May-22 29
Marsha
Hello gta Brides. Looking for a great place to purchase bridesmaids dresses besides David's Bridal
Marsha, On March 6, 2022 at 11:13

Can you ladies all share with me where is a good place that sells reasonably priced dresses. I went to David's Bridal yesterday and out of the 9 dresses my MOH tried on we came down to 2 but then it...

Carolina, monday 25-Jul-22 27
Daily
Kids or no kids at the wedding
Daily, On March 16, 2022 at 19:01

Dear brides, are you guys doing adults only or inviting kids to your wedding? I have two kids so I am inviting some kids to my wedding. Like the closest friend kids and relatives. The youngest kid...

Beth0102, wednesday 15-Jun-22 64
Milad
Wedding venue
Milad, On May 2, 2022 at 14:40

Hii im looking for a small wedding venue for 30 people next month and im looking for inspiration but mostly help. What are your experience? What would you recommend. Thank you all 💖

JamesduhXO, sunday 8-May-22 4
Joey
Brides of 2022 - Show Us Your Ring!
Joey, On February 4, 2021 at 11:40

Congratulations to all the couples getting married in 2022! We want to see that sparkler! Photo by Owl Eye Photography in Kananaskis

Ashley, wednesday 10-Aug-22 183 5
S
Photography pricing
Sarah, On April 15, 2022 at 13:51

What is everyone finding in terms of cost for photography? average pricing. Got quoted $1900 and it includes (getting ready, ceremony, photo session, reception but dinner only).

Danielle, thursday 12-May-22 19
Rayanne
How did you pick your flowers?
Rayanne, On May 2, 2022 at 15:46

I knew from the beginning I had zero desire for fresh flowers when we started planning the wedding. Allergies definitely dictated that we'd go with artificial but there are so many types of...

Tunisha, sunday 8-May-22 28
Courtney
Do i have to include the location/city on our save the dates?
Courtney, On April 28, 2022 at 15:02

We just booked our reception venue in the city we both work in. We own property just outside the city in a different county (about a 25 minute drive from the reception site). We're currently debating...

Rachay, tuesday 3-May-22 6
Brooke
Light or Serious Ceremony?
Brooke, On April 19, 2022 at 15:13

Hello fellow Brides! I kind of already have my mind made up about this one, but I was wondering what other brides are doing for their ceremony - keeping it light and humorous, or staying serious and...

Lisa, tuesday 17-May-22 16
Meghan
Seating Chart
Meghan, On April 19, 2022 at 10:08

Is anyone not doing a seating chart? We are doing a buffet style dinner but do have assigned seating (obviously getting seating cards) but wondering if its necessary to have a seating chart as well,...

Sara, monday 23-May-22 26

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics