Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gabrielle
Newbie July 2023 Ontario

Artificial/ Silk Flowers

Gabrielle, on September 13, 2022 at 12:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 20

Hello!

Please share your thoughts on artificial flowers!!! We are trying to keep to budget friendly options so we are considering using artificial flowers for the wedding.

What are any pros or cons that I could consider?

What vendors would you recommend? (We live in southern Ontario)

Would love your input!!

20 Comments

Latest activity by Gabrielle, on December 28, 2022 at 12:35
  • Gabrielle
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those look amazing! I wouldn't have been able to tell! Its great to have crafty people in the wedding party!

• Gabrielle
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those look great! That's what we're going to try and do. We got most our florals from Micheals on 50-60% sales.

• Gabrielle
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I purchased a bunch of florals form Michaels and Amazon. I have some crafty bridesmaids so we're going to attempt to make them all ourselves!

• Rachay
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Rachay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Silk flowers can still run you quite a bit of money. I made my bridesmaids bouquets and my bouquet with flowers I ordered from Amazon and other little items from Michael's. They turned out pretty good!Artificial/ Silk Flowers 1

• D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wife ordered artificial flowers through Amazon. Her daughter (one of our bridesmaids) and son-in-law made the bouquets and boutonnieres. The results are amazing!Artificial/ Silk Flowers 2

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Flower Affair in Edmonton Alberta

• Janie
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Janie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Who is the florist that you got to do your artificial flowers?
  • S
    Beginner September 2023 British Columbia
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    COSTCO!!! You can order flowers for around $300 and have everything you need! Artificial and silk flowers are either in the same price range if not more in cost.
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There was a silk plant store where I live so I went there. My bestie had also used them for her wedding a few years ago too, so I knew the quality was good.

I would say from start to finish, probably only took a hour, maybe a bit less. Hardest part was really figuring out the right layout and then it was just securing everything with wire and tape.

• Gabrielle
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats exactly why I'm leaning more towards faux flowers!

• Gabrielle
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks thats great to know!

• Gabrielle
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats gorgeous! Where did you find the flowers?

Did it take you a long time to create them?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The cost of artificial flowers are less than real and rentals to the returned after the wvent is done. It does help to keep the clutter out of the house. I personally found a place in Mississauga that rented centerpieces and floral balls to look simple and elegant.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Another option is renting artificial flowers instead of buying. Most decorators will have something in stock you can use. There are options for bouquets, centerpieces, backdrops, arches, etc. The rental company will take care of all the setup so you don't have to spend so much time getting everything ready. The prices end up being cheaper than buying since it's just something they bring and take back from their warehouse.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having all artificial flowers- 4 bouquets, 3 boutonnieres, 20 centrepieces and our arbour- under $300 versus $1600 for fresh with a florist.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I spent about $260 on a bunch of silk/faux flowers and greenery, was able to create my bouquet, MOH bouquet, 2 boutonnieres and 2 corsages and still have lots to spare. They honestly looks amazing and some of them actually feel real! This is what I created, all DIY.

For me, I wanted to be able to keep my bouquet after the wedding, and not have to deal with preserving it after.

Artificial/ Silk Flowers 3

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went with silk flowers and found someone on Marketplace to do my bouquet and 3 others for $350. I like the fact that I can keep my bouquet and so can the girls. My friend paid lot's for her real flowers and by the end of the night the roses started to turn brown and limp. She then had to go and bring them in to have them pressed.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Any florist should be able to provide you with quotes for both artificial and real flowers. I decided on faux flowers for my bouquet and boutonnieres.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I diyed all decor and used artificial flowers. It was definitely more affordable!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and I had artifical flowers for our wedding!
    I love artifical because you can choose whichever flowers you want instead of having to choose what's in season with real flowers. And not to mention didn't colors as well!

We got ours through a florist who does high end artifical. We had all of our centerpieces corsages boutineers and bouquets done

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics