Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Devoted September 2022 Ontario

Cake Flavours

Meghan, on August 29, 2022 at 11:03 Posted in Wedding reception 0 13
Hey all, what are or did you choose for cake flavours! I just got sent a list of flavours to choose from and I just can’t decide. All I know is that I don’t want chocolate haha!

Here’s a list I received if anyone can help me recommend a flavour combo! TIA
CAKE• Vanilla Cake• Chocolate Cake• Carrot Cake• Red Velvet Cake• Lemon Cake• Coconut Cake• Banana Cake
FILLINGS• Vanilla Buttercream • Chocolate Buttercream • Cream Cheese Icing • Lemon Buttercream • Cookies and Cream Buttercream • Mint Chocolate Chip Buttercream

13 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on September 6, 2022 at 11:50
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going with pumpkin spice for one tier and second tier Ginger bread, not sure what type of cream we will do, I need to meet with my friend to decide.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cake Flavours 1
    We had Italian sponge cake with 3 each layers of custard flavours.

As per the combos:Vanilla cake with mint chocolate icing or lemon icing.Red velvet/Carrot cake with cream cheese icing as the flavours match together.Chocolate cake with 3 options of chocolate, vanilla or lemon as they give a flavour and colour to make it different.
  • Rachay
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Rachay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a 2 tier cake, the bottom tier was Pink Velvet and top tier was Chocolate Caramel. We made this decision after tasting all 14 flavors of cake our baker offered. Needless to say...there were only crumbs left lol!

In terms of your options, Red velvet cake with cream cheese icing is always a great combo!

• Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went with one of the flavours we tried - our wedding is the first weekend of fall this year and in line with that we choose pumpkin spice. It was a hard decision because we also tried lemon raspberry which was absolutely divine, but I wasn’t sure about how that would look since we’re having a semi-naked cake so pumpkin spice ultimately beat it out for our cake flavour 😊
  • Amanda
    Curious November 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Red velvet with cream cheese icing for the top tier & lemon cake with fresh lemon curd and vanilla buttercream for the bottom tier. My fiancé and I just picked our favourites.
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a 3 tier and did 2 vanilla tiers and one chocolate with a vanilla buttercream. It was delicious but definitely had a lot left over! A red velvet with cookies and cream buttercream or coconut with lemon buttercream would be my vote!
    Cake Flavours 2
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We offered Strawberry Vanilla, Greek Chocolate, and Mille Feuille as our options. For our hero cake (with the cake topper used for photos), we went with Strawberry Shortcake.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My vote is for vanilla with cookies and cream butter cream 😍😍😍
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since we are having a smaller wedding we opted to have a small singular cake with our favourite we’ve tried from the baker which is Cinnamon Brown Sugar cake with caramel butter cream and caramel ganache. I was thinking of doing a second tier but instead I think we may just also order 4 dozen cupcakes and have different flavours, we are thinking for cupcakes is our cake flavour, chocolate with cookies and cream buttercream, lemon with raspberry buttercream, a vanilla with vanilla bourbon buttercream.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a 2 tier cake our bottom layer was vanilla with a vanilla filling and our top layer was chocolate with a chocolate filling!
    Cake Flavours 3

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did a three tier so we got three flavours:
    Largest - chocolate with fudge chocolate buttercream. Middle - vanilla with vanilla bean buttercream. Top/smallest - lemon with coconut buttercream. Entire outside was vanilla buttercream. How many flavours can you do? I would do vanilla with lemon buttercream or cookies and cream. Pretty safe crowd pleaser and definitely would be my choice! Can you have a tasting? Ours did cupcakes and as I bake on the side I was VERY picky and some bakers just don't get certain flavours right or the cake is too dry...
    Cake Flavours 4

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow lots of options!
    We’re only doing a little cake for us to cut at the reception. We went with lemon raspberry though!
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oooo lots of yummy choices I can see the trouble.
    We opted for donuts over cake and we were able to get 3 flavors. So we each picked a flavor and then a combo flavor. We tried to pick flavors that represented us but also would be enjoyed by all.
    How many tiers are you doing or how many flavors can you pick?? I think you could make some good combos based on your options and what you don't want.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics