Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie April 2023 Ontario

Hair and Makeup

Jasmine, on December 27, 2022 at 13:48 Posted in Beauty 0 11
Who typically pays for the hair and makeup? The bride or is it split evenly?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Petrina, on March 6, 2023 at 18:54
  • Petrina
    Curious September 2024 Ontario
    Petrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm paying for the makeup for all my girls and hair for my MOH and mom. I gave my bridesmaids a choice for their hair and most of them are paying to get it professionally done.

• Natasha
    Curious April 2023 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm paying for my own and for hair and makeup for my maid of honour/bff. I'm not requiring it, so anyone who wants to I'm paying for. But if the bride is requiring it, they should pay.
  • Rae
    Newbie August 2023 Manitoba
    Rae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it depends on if you're requiring them to do their makeup/hair. In that case, I think the bride should cover. This is especially true if they had to buy their own gowns, too (I've been a MOH twice and financially it was tough for me at the time).

If they're opting to, I think it's a bit more in the grey.
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wife's bridesmaids all paid for their own dresses (they all had different styles but in the same color) but I seem to remember that my wife covered the makeup costs (it was done at our home). Matron of honor did my wife's hair and the other bridesmaids had their hair done at salons, so they covered the expense. I think it's a pretty mixed bag of possibilities when it comes to that.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As a gift for my Girls I am paying for their hair so they all match. But Makeup I am giving them the option to splurge and get it done or to do it themselves. They all chose to have it done so they don't have to stress.

• A
    Beginner July 2023 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t have a bridal party (too much headache for me personally), anyways if I were to have a bridal party, I would pay for their dresses and make up/hair. I don’t like putting pressure on people to obtain X and Y.

I am paying for my Mothers and MIL hair (they don’t want their make up done) and they are wearing whatever they want. Less headache for me.
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am not sure yet what I am going to do, I have paid for their dresses but they are paying for their alterations (which will be minimal). My FH and I will make that decision closer to our October wedding date but with enough time to ensure they can work it in to their budget.

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everyone’s budget and situation is different and I have seen it happen both ways. I’m personally paying for my girls to have theirs done as well as their hair as my budget allows for it. Everyone is different and either way is perfect Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's honestly up to each person I think. But also if its in your budget. You dont have to pay for everyone if you dont want to. Since either only had my moh standing up for me I paid for her makeup. We had my aunt who is a hair stylist do our hair so it didn't cost us anything
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I treated my nieces and mom to hair and make up because I was able to make it happen in the budget but if I had a large bridal party, I might have had to ask them to do it and treat them somehow in a different way.

• Rachay
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Rachay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it really is up to the person but for my wedding and others I have been in, each person pays for their own hair and makeup.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics