Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Featured May 2023 Ontario

diy flowers - real or fake?

Julie, on August 6, 2022 at 11:54 Posted in DIY 0 16
Debating if I should make an attempt at DIY boutenieres and corsage. Faux or real flowers? Wondering what some of you ladies decided on?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Marcella, on February 6, 2024 at 10:36
  • Luanne
    Beginner January 2023 British Columbia
    Luanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Originally I was going to diy the corsages/boutonnieres and spent days on them. In the end they didn't look the way I wanted so I ended up buying some online. The ones I bought are ribbons shaped to look like roses, and they were $2 each for a total of $35. My deciding factor was the budget and the fact I had already poured so much labour into the failed earlier project.

• Amanda
    Curious July 2024 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you looked into real touch flowers/natural touch flowers. They are more life like in their look and a little thicker than the silk flowers, which can sometimes fray around the edges.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did artifical flowers for all of our decor centerpieces bouquets corsages and boutinneèrs
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are making our bouquets and boutonnieres with real flowers a day or two before the wedding, our centrepieces are from Michaels.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok goodto know
  • Karley
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Karley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Assembled day of!
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The flowers from Costco. Did they make the corsages and boutonnieres the day of or before?

• Karley
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Karley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing fake everything. Flowers was one place where I definitely wanted to cut the cost as they can get so pricey. Corsages, boutonnieres, bouquets, centerpieces...we plan on making them all ourselves.

My mom made fake bouquets for her wedding and they were beautiful, you couldn't tell the difference. She did however choose to order real boutonnieres and corsages. They were not as expensive as the bouquets.

Alternatively, we had friends who picked up flower arrangements from Costco, took them home and reassembled them how they wanted for the ceremony and I know they saved a ton doing it that way Smiley smile

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wish my flowers would have been in season for the big day and the silk version aren't really nice, I found this idea on Pinterest and the lady who made captured my vision perfectly, plus I like to be different, they will for sure stand out on my big day. Smiley laugh

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They are not your typical arrangement - very lovely. Will definitely stand out for your day

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, the photos really don't do them justice, I was on the fence about them so I got to see them in person and they were perfect.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very pretty!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I decided silk flowers since I started looking for someone before I knew the venue also did bouquets and boutonnieres. I am not big on flowers so here are what me and the girls will have.

diy flowers - real or fake? 1

diy flowers - real or fake? 2

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is remarkable what you get charged for flowers. My venue takes care of some of the flower decor, the centerpieces with real flowers (included in package). But i ultimately decided on fake for everything else. diy flowers - real or fake? 3
    Bought these pre made from someone on FB Marketplace, for the MOH bouquet and mine. diy flowers - real or fake? 4just made the 3 boutonnieres

Agreed. It was fun to make the boutonnieres. Who knew I was capable lol. And it does save a lot of money
  • Rachay
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Rachay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did fake flowers for literally everything, mainly to save on costs but I also love DIY. Michaels has a great selections of great faux flowers even some that are real to touch!

I also got some great greenery options there as I am going with a hanging bouquet for myself
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve chosen real flowers. Mostly because I love flowers.

I think you want any big floral arrangements, like those big arches, it’s much easier and cost effective to go with fake.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics