Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melanie
Curious August 2022 Alberta

Engagement ring on wedding day

Melanie, on August 3, 2022 at 14:21 Posted in Before the wedding 1 8
What did everyone do with their engagement rings on their wedding day? Specifically during the ceremony! Did you wear it on your right hand, not wear it all?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Dessa, on August 9, 2022 at 01:58
  • Dessa
    Frequent user September 2023 British Columbia
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't given it much thought but my instinct is to keep it on my left hand and add the band in front as that is how I plan to wear them anyways. I'm too paranoid to take my engagement ring off anywhere except at home where it always goes in the same spot so I don't misplace it...😆
  • Rachay
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Rachay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I plan to just keep it on and add my wedding band on top, I'll just likely switch them around after the ceremony
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH insists on putting them on together, since he has pretty much agreed with all of my suggestions/preferences I'm okay with it.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wife wore it on the right hand.

If you're undecided or torn on options, you can also ask your officiant on what they recommend. Maybe they can incorporate the engagement ring into the ceremony, whether it be a switch or keeping it in place.

• Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just kept mine on and had the wedding band put on top of it. Right after the ceremony, I just swapped them around

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wore it on my left ringer like I always do. My mom couldn't make it to the wedding and I have one of her rings I wear on my right ring finger so I wanted to wear that to have something from my mom with me on the wedding day.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some people are putting it on the right hand and then switching it over, I think I'm just going to keep mine where it is or just put it on my middle finger since it's a little big.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm wearing mine on my other hand and then switching it back when we sign the papers

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics