Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Malyssa
Expert October 2022 Alberta

Wedding band costs

Malyssa, on August 6, 2022 at 13:30 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16
Hi all!

I'm just curious (if you're okay to share) what everyone spent on wedding bands? We're starting to look into it and just wondering what the average looks like.

16 Comments

Latest activity by Alison, on August 9, 2022 at 08:41
  • Alison
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé hasn’t picked out a band for himself yet, I’ve heard masculine bands are often cheaper though.
    I wanted my engagement ring and wedding band to match and be cohesive so that I’d be able to wear them together with confidence.
    My band was around 1k, it’s 14k rose gold and has 4 little diamonds on it and a little twist design. I know that might be a little above average price which is why I wanted to explain it wasn’t just a plain band.
  • Dessa
    Frequent user September 2023 British Columbia
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have been extremely fortunate that my Mother passed down my Great Grandmother's engagement ring.. it is stunning and I have loved seeing it on my Mom's hand for years. Because of its age (figured around 130 years old) and the style of the times I have had a hard time finding a band. I'll be getting a custom band that has been quoted around $350 and my FH has found a black band with black diamonds at Michael Hill for $550.
  • Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Also, thanks to everyone else who comments. We were really just trying to get an idea of what people are actually spending on their bands currently not just what the going rate is.

We were quoted around $800 for a custom band (just for me) and originally that was a bit out of our price range but the more we have thought about it, and after talking with some of the big box stores, this is probably still the route we will go.

• Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for your insight, this was actually super helpful because we went custom with the engagement ring, its been tough finding a band that works with it so custom is almost our only option at this point.

• Karley
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Karley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance got a super lightweight carbon fiber wedding band from a company in the US that he found online. Cost him around $100 USD. He loves it and cant wait to wear it everyday, traditional white and yellow gold were not his style and this one is black with a smoky kind of effect to it.

I got a chevron rose gold wedding band with Canadian diamonds. Mine was on sale at the time, cost about $600 CAD Smiley smile I could have definitely found cheaper, but we splurged a bit on mine because it complimented my engagement ring so nicely.

Depending on your style there is a bit of a spectrum! I really recommend taking the time to try some on and see what you like, and then go from there with the price and style you are comfortable with. I know my fiance tried a couple rings on in store that he found super uncomfortable because they were squared off and dug into his hand a bit.

Happy shopping! Smiley smile

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am cheap when it comes to jewelry because I will lose it, so I told my Fiance to find something under $500. He ended up actually finding something from Peoples under $300. The ring is made from white sapphire stones which goes well with our wedding in September since the September stone is Sapphire and both my parents are born in September. All my jewelry is Silver and I have bad luck with anything that is worth more than $500. I got the engagement ring and the wedding band. It all depends on the budget, what you both can afford and the sentiment behind it. It bugs him that it's not real gold and real diamonds so I told him he can buy me a diamond ring for our Diamond anniversary.

• Rachay
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Rachay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé got my engagement rings from Michael Hill so we decided to get our weddings bands from there. My band was about $700 and his was $1500 (he's a simple guy and would have went with the $500 tungsten band, but I felt he deserved more, so I got him a gold band with diamonds)
  • Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé went with a simple black band from peoples for just under $300. I got a gold chevron band from a local Etsy shop for just over $300. I was quoted around $7-800 elsewhere so I’m glad I found the Etsy route Wedding band costs 1

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on the material you want to use. If you want to buy gold, the price depends on current market value and how many karats you want. A men's standard gold band can range from $500-$1500 depending on how thick and how many gold karats. If you want the alloy to be platinum or palladium to due nickel allergies, it'll up the price. Gemstones also affect price - type, size, natural vs lab grown.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keep in mind this was January 2019 - my husband's band is ceramic and mine is white gold. We paid about $1100 for both from a local small business. He had my engagement ring custom made through them too. Prices tend to be much better for higher quality through small businesses. Wedding band costs 2

• Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bad was about $500 or $600 (can't recall lol) and his was around $200 - both from Paris Jewellers

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My Fiancé bought my engagement ring as a set that came with a wedding band and an anniversary band. I made it very clear I didn't want something super expensive. He got my set on sale for $1400! Then his wedding band was like $200
  • Samantha
    Beginner October 2022 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancés was from Michael hill for 900 and mine was custom made from a jeweller where he had my engagement ring made and that band was 2000…. we figured we wear them everyday and it’s a lifetime investment so we have to get what we want
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both of ours were $1000 each
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got all of our rings from modern gents. Every ring we bought was under $100 (even my engagement ring). I personally don’t believe in purchasing diamonds, so this was a great option for us.
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought mine on Etsy for 300 lab grown diamonds! my engagement ring was 7000 real diamonds so I didn’t mind getting a cheaper ring and spending more money on other wedding stuff. My fiancés ring is from Ben moss and it was 700

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics