Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tavia
Newbie August 2022 Ontario

Wedding Lows

Tavia, on August 22, 2022 at 19:58 Posted in Just married 1 6
I'm curious, what were the low points of your weddings? I'll go first! So it started with my hair artist going to the venue instead of my house (30 minute distance). Then my Man of honor had the wrong color vest and tie. I definitely didn't eat enough food (2 small apps, dinner, 1 mini cupcake and no late night food). My man of honor then said the longest, most awkward and uncomfortable speech, making my husband very mad. Our MC, DJ and venue coordinator were not coordinated, and kept coming to me with issues. I only sat and talked with half the guests. I didn't spend any alone time with my husband. I didn't drink more of our signature cocktails. Our car services didn't pick us up at the end of the night, I had to send my bridal party home with the DJ at 230am and then my husband and I got a ride to our hotel by 330am. The hotel gave us the wrong room but charged us for the proper one (more expenive). Lastly, we got a parking ticket at the hotel, because their city parking signage sucks! Yes, I'm complaining a lot on what should be the most important day of my life, but I did enjoy it, and had a lot of fun, this is my way of purging the negative, and getting through the post wedding depression. Who's next?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Emma, on January 20, 2023 at 04:56
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dang - I think you can certainly get some kind of reimbursement from the limo company considering they sent you the wrong size car. Good luck with that. I'd be furious if they were not only late but sent the wrong car.

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our low point started when the limo driver went to the WRONG address. He went to the reception/ceremony site, instead of our house to pick up my now-wife and her bridesmaids. This caused them to miss the chance to get photos we wanted, of the bridal party getting into the limo. While we did get similar photos later it was NOT quite the same. This also delayed the ceremony by 30 minutes, sending me into a near nervous breakdown mode. Thankfully my best man and my wife's son, who was doubling as a 2nd best man, took me out of the ceremony room and put me.on the dining room, while buying me a Scotch to get my nerves settled. Finally the limo arrived and the ceremony went off with no problems. However when it finished we got out to discover they had SWAPPED vehicles! The first limo would've allowed us to bring our parents for family photos but it was replaced my a vehicle that was just big enough for the wedding party. It was also missing the promised champagne bottle & glasses. As a result we did not get photos with our parents that we had wanted (as well as photos of my suit/ring etc, that are often done). We did manage to get photos of us with my GoldWing motorcycle and her 2009 Mustang at least, in addition to our planned photo session. The reception went VERY well though, and we had numerous compliments on the food and liquor service.

We have not seen our photos yet, much too soon to expect them. But we are seriously planning to get in touch with the limo company because their mistakes directly or indirectly messed up a LOT of our wedding. Having said that most of.it went very well!
  • Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There will always be some sort of problem the day-of. everyone deals with it and you are definitely not alone.

on our wedding day, my husband's suit was ready just in time...like day-of... (even though he ordered like 2 months in advance) so stressful

so unfortunately, the pants were WAY too big and he's still super upset about it. it looks kinda funny in the photos. we got reimbursed for that, but still.

then, my husband and groomsmen were in charge of making sure that they put the corsages and the boutonnieres in the limo to the venue, but they all forgot and left them all at home. thank god for my in-laws that picked them up from our house and brought them to the venue!

it was a very cloudy, kinda rainy day in the morning and it was unpredictable if we should have our ceremony outdoors or in. but the weather was in our favor in the end and we have a beautiful ceremony outdoors with the most perfect weather for photos and the temperature was great.

i'm also THE WORST public speaker and screwed up my vows horribly LOL but oh well. wish i did better but i was so damn nervous...

the venue was supposed to put out bottles of wine on the guest tables, but they forgot. but that was quickly resolved when we told them about the predicament.

all in all, it was a great day and really can't complain about anything else.

• Rachay
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Rachay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That definitely sounded like quite the day! But I am glad you were still able to enjoy it as it was a very special occasion. I would say for the most part my day went off without any issues, it will definitely be one to remember. The notable issues for me were, my maid of honor got to my house super late and almost didn't get her makeup/hair done. The car I was riding in to get to my ceremony would not start! My ceremony started at 1:30pm, meanwhile, at that time I was still in the HOT car tried not to melt. Guests were still arriving at the church at 1:50pm... what if we started on time? I was starving by the time we started taking pictures after the fact because I ate breakfast at like 7:30am and didn't eat again until the reception. Oh and the company I rented my linens from tried to tell me the day before that they did not have them and tried to offer me black instead of the white ones I ordered...absolutely not! My colors were white, lilac, and gold..black is not going to work. Despite all this, I managed to remain calm somehow and never turned into a bridezilla..despite me being well within my rights.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The start of the wedding seems to be going downhill right from the hair artist. It sucks the coordination didn't go well with your venue and DJ. Seems everyone didn't do a great job and should have come all at once to say we need clarification.

Our day was good until the ceremony where the wind seem to overtake the wedding itself and nothing can be heard as the videographer did a horrible job with the music even during the ceremony itself of high and low volumes. Then proceeded to come alone as his charge for 1 person wasn't enough and to ask for dessert when it wasn't deserved for him. A guest who was invited for 1 decided to send a message on MOH phone to say his bf and mother were coming too. He dared to ask where is mother was to sit and the reply was the empty table. No wedding card to give on top of it all and showing PDA during the reception. He was not spoken to after the wedding day and never said a word to him anywhere we saw him.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am so sorry to hear this all happened, it's okay to let your frustration out, and I am certain other brides will have stories to share as well. One thing I used to work at a hotel, did they give you an up grade and charged you the same rate as the original room, or they downgraded you and charged you for the same room? I would highly reach out to the General manger, they hate bad reviews and also they should have given you a discount on the mix up, no matter what hotel you stayed at, reach out to them and let them know how unhappy you were, they will sometimes offer you a free night stay to make up for it. This is so good to know for us future brides, ask for a copy of speeches. I honestly like to hear these stories that way it prepares me for my big day. Just don't stay too angry about what went wrong and focus on all the positive of the day. At the end of the day it all worked out and you married your bestfriend.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics