Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan

Just married

Cc, on September 7, 2022 at 04:43 Posted in Just married 0 11
On Saturday I married my best friend. But between him,myself and children we are so devastated because when it was my turn to walk down the aisle with my seven year old son the officiant took her papers and covered my husband's face and said he can't see me when I seen it I just wanted to scream at her she uncovered his face when I was like right there. I just don't know how to get past this because she took something away from both of us that day

11 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on September 27, 2022 at 17:58
  • D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What the.....? I don't have the words.

That was grossly inappropriate on her part. Especially as it was not part of the rehearsal. I take it she had never mentioned she would do this? If not, it sounds to me like this is grounds for at least a partial refund. I'd discuss it with her at length and if she defends this action I'd leave a bad review. She shouldn't EVER do this to anyone else without consent.
  • Rachay
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Rachay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Looking at the other responses, I can see this was not part of tue rehearsal. Which I would say is grounds for some type of reimbursement. My officiant also did not allow my husband to see me until I got to the front. The Groomsmen and everyone else could see me but he had his back towards me and it was very cute to see his reaction when he turned around, he almost fainted haha! But this was definitely part of my rehearsal so we knew it was coming. I'm sorry to hear you went through that especially since it was out of the blue. I'd definitely warn future couples of this.
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nope she never did it at rehearsal. Nothing was said at all it was sprung on the day of.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did you have a rehearsal? Did the officiant say she was going to do that at the rehearsal or was it sprung on you two on the day of as a surprise? If this was not mentioned at the rehearsal and that the groom not seeing the bride until she's at the altar was a condition of their service, you certainly have a case for some kind of reimbursement.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's not her call yo make on your day. She should have said this before yo make him aware. It would be good to leave something saying beware of this happening when booking this Officiant.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

She's done this before????? I would defiantly write a review to let other couples know about this so it doesn't happen to others

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, that was uncalled for, Sorry you went through that and I would do a review. It's not up to her to decide to do that, and again just because she did it to others doesn't give her the right to continue. I would be pissed as well. Stevie is right, you had a great day, a wonderful marriage and he was probably still breath taken when he saw you, don't dwell on it to long, write your review to prevent this to happen to other brides, she should apologies to you and at least give you a discount for ruining a perfect moment.

• C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    She said she's done it many times and that no one ever complained until I spoke up
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yup she told me she did it to others and no one complained I thought well obviously those people don't speak up like I do.
  • Stevie
    Frequent user September 2023 Ontario
    Stevie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What the ****???? Make sure you leave a review and let other people know before booking them. I’m so sorry that happened but please know that it doesn’t take away from how your husband felt when he saw you right in front of him. You are going to have a beautiful marriage! But also…get your money back 😡
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my gosh I am so sorry that happened to you. I have never seen that before. I would possibly write a complaint

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics