Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenny
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Bridesmaid pulled out with a month to go

Jenny, on August 23, 2022 at 15:50 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7
I’m getting married in 32 days and one of my bridesmaids just messaged me saying that she needs to pull out. I’m so upset. One of the reasons way she cancelled is some personal stuff she’s been dealing with (this has been happening for months and I doubled checked when I first found out and she said she was good to stay in the wedding), she’s also been unemployed for a while now and she’s worried about Covid. I just wish she had said something sooner. I understand why she felt like she had to pull out but that doesn’t make it hurt any less. I’m also dealing with another bridesmaid who only ordered her dress this past month after initially saying she had ordered it back in March. I don’t have enough coffee to deal with this 😔

7 Comments

Latest activity by Rachay, on August 31, 2022 at 17:43
  • Rachay
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Rachay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry to hear this, to be honest, my maid of honor lives in the states and she missed my bachelorette because of personal/flight issues and I was very convinced she would miss my wedding. The most important thing is to not let it stress you out, this is still your big day and it will go great even if you are one bridesmaid short. Focus on what you have to look forward too and the people who are still here to be a part of it Smiley heart

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahahaha my offer still stands if you change your mind Smiley tongue happy to hear you are feeling a bit better this morning. you have 32 days enjoy them while you can, before you know it you will be a MRS.

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am in Ottawa actually lol 😂 thanks for offering! We actually had uneven numbers to start with so no worries on that end. Unfortunately the dress I picked isn’t being sold anymore and there’s no one else I’d really want to ask (at least no one that’s the same size as the bridesmaid who bailed). I’m feeling a little better this morning 😊
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awe Jenny that is not great news and there's not enough coffee in the world to help for something like this.

Do you have someone who would have loved to be a part of the bridal party that you could ask last minute, would you be okay with not lining up with the groomsman? If you live in Ottawa I would be more than happy to bail you out. Besides IT'S....

This is your big day, we can't let it get you down.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hopefully it's enough of a notice that you can let the caterer know and not have to pay for her plate.

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    From the sounds of the message she sent me yeah.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unfortunately stuff like this happens and we just have to deal with it. Even regular guests can no-show on the day of for a wide variety of reasons. Hopefully you didn't make too big of a financial investment on their involvement in the bridal party.

Is this person declining from attending the wedding entirely?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics