Joy

Halifax, Nova Scotia · From November 2022

Happily married 🎉

August 20, 2023

221days 18hrs
Sabina
Order of the day
Sabina, On July 30, 2023 at 09:22

Hello brides ❤️ September 2023 bride here! Need some help with the timeline for our day. Our ceremony is at 4pm and we’re thinking to do a first look, thinking to have that at 2pm so what time should...

Joy, friday 18-Aug-23 8 1
Joy
Outfit change questions
Joy, On August 13, 2023 at 16:15

I've heard of people doing dress changes and transformations, but has anyone changed footwear as well? My mom is lending me a pair of wedge heel sandals that she'd like me to wear (I'll make the final...

Marta, thursday 28-Sep-23 6 78
Joy
Outdoor processional and recessional
Joy, On May 27, 2023 at 19:56

I'm at the point where I start thinking about the ceremony and how the day will go. I was thinking, it's traditional that the groom is already at the front, but where we'll be outside, I don't really...

Carine, tuesday 30-May-23 4 59
Deanna & Jordan
Menu selection after rsvp
Deanna & Jordan, On May 14, 2023 at 21:50

Although I provided bold “make sure to select your meal” option in the RSVP page description with picture visuals guests are still forgetting to pick their meal choice upon RSVPing. Can they go back...

Joy, saturday 27-May-23 3
Shamick
How to find a photographer + videographer
Shamick, On May 9, 2023 at 12:53

Hello!! I’ve started my search for a photographer + videographer but I am running into some trouble easily searching for providers that offer both. I feel like searching for one or the other is...

Joy, saturday 27-May-23 5
Jackie
Wedding favours for guests?
Jackie, On April 28, 2023 at 11:32

Curious to know who is going to be giving their guests little keepsakes? We want to find a fairly inexpensive trinket to gift to our ~100 guests that won't break the bank. Wanted to know if you brides...

Matilda, sunday 8-Oct-23 21
D
Wedding Invitations
Denise, On March 27, 2023 at 22:31

I wanted to ask how many months in advance are you ordering your invitations? Staples, Vista Print, Shutterfly etc. Anywhere else Brides/Grooms are ordering from??

Joy, saturday 27-May-23 19
Stevie
Feeling the Pressure
Stevie, On April 2, 2023 at 14:15

Is anyone else really feeling the pressure right now? I don’t know why but I feel like no matter what choices I make I’m going to feel somewhat disappointed on my wedding day. Either I’ll regret my...

Joy, saturday 27-May-23 13 2
Amanda
My Wedding Colours Are?! (complete The Sentence)
Amanda, On May 18, 2023 at 12:44

Hey wonderful brides! I see a lot of new faces around the community! Welcome! How about we share a little more about our wedding colours. What colours did you choose for your wedding?! My husband and...

Matilda, sunday 8-Oct-23 18
Tennielle
Unique alternatives to bouquets
Tennielle, On April 25, 2023 at 22:13

Hello fellow brides. Anyone have some inspiration for unique alternatives instead of a floral bouquet? Looked at some brooch/silk flower bouquets, and purses but curious if anyone has some other...

Tennielle, thursday 25-May-23 6
Denae
Ceremony pa system?
Denae, On April 18, 2023 at 14:29

Hey all, I'm looking for some ideas here. We have a portable speaker we plan on using for music before the ceremony. But I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on like a microphone to help amplify our...

Joy, thursday 25-May-23 4
Jordyn
Bible readings !
Jordyn, On May 14, 2023 at 00:49

The Holy Bible has SO many wonderful verses on wisdom for marriage and love ! Which readings are you having at your ceremony ? ✝️🤍

Jordyn, monday 7-Aug-23 4
Katrina
Walking down the aisle with your son?
Katrina, On April 16, 2023 at 21:18

Hey all, I'm just curious about everyone's thoughts on walking down the aisle with someone other than your father. I know it's tradition to have your dad walk you down the aisle but I'm thinking about...

Derek, sunday 29-Oct-23 35 2
C
What are your thoughts on aisle seating and Officiants
Carine, On February 8, 2023 at 10:39

So many options for aisle seating, the new trend is set up like a fashion show, or the officiant in the middle of the aisle so this way you are facing everyone and not your backs turned. As for the...

Joy, wednesday 17-May-23 11
Joy
How to chose music?
Joy, On May 17, 2023 at 15:00

I'm at the point where I need to get music figured out. The plan is to chose songs, and then ask musicians to play those songs. I'm thinking for music, to have piano, and strings depending on who is...

Joy, wednesday 17-May-23 31
Joy
How to feel more wedding?
Joy, On April 21, 2023 at 21:13

Long story short, I'm making my own thing, and it's blue and white. I'm using this blue here https://fabricville.com/products/textured-tencel-rayon-tania-blue And I have some white lace over top for...

John, wednesday 24-May-23 3 55 1
C
Ceremony songs!?
Corinne, On January 25, 2023 at 23:10

How the heck do you choose ceremony songs? And how many songs do you normally squeeze into the ceremony? I’m thinking we’ll have music as people gather in the lodge and up til I walk the aisle. Do you...

Joy, wednesday 12-Apr-23 11 2
Brianna
Bridal party sitting or standing
Brianna, On March 26, 2023 at 19:44

Hey all! Question here. I am having a hard time deciding how to have the bridal party seated. My partner and I would like to be alone at the alter for a good chunk of the ceremony. We still want our...

Omg, tuesday 25-Apr-23 4 1
Amanda
Church cost
Amanda, On April 11, 2023 at 19:59

Is anyone here getting married at a united church? If so, how much are they asking you to pay to have your ceremony there?

Joy, wednesday 12-Apr-23 2
Kayleigh
Budget Friendly Food Options
Kayleigh, On March 24, 2023 at 12:12

Hey everyone! My fiancé and I are looking for some ideas on how to make our food budget friendly but enough for around 160 guests. Our goal is to have something memorable for food but it not take...

Bayleigh, monday 5-Feb-24 12
S
No dancing
Shari, On April 5, 2023 at 14:04

What do you think if there's no first dances or plan for a DJ; but rather, I'll have live classical music?

Carine, monday 10-Apr-23 8
Amanda
Bouquet Toss!
Amanda, On April 4, 2023 at 11:50

Are you ready to toss away the bouquet toss tradition? Or have you always looked forward to launching those flowers towards all the single ladies?! The bouquet toss! 💐

Amanda, monday 10-Apr-23 12
Joy
Place cards and menu items
Joy, On April 7, 2023 at 20:03

Just wanting to run this idea by others, but we're looking at making our place cards with coloured card stock to colour code our menu options and fit our colours (purple, blue, and green, all pastel...

KELLY, friday 14-Apr-23 4
Karen
Recommendations for venues on a tight budget
Karen, On April 1, 2023 at 21:33

Hey guys - a little help - any recommendations for any beautiful, affordable venues for a tight budget?

Joy, friday 7-Apr-23 4
Escobar
Do couples still do Engagement parties? Jack and Jill?
Escobar, On April 4, 2023 at 11:19

My fiance and I are city folks. Most of our friends are mature professionals with busy life's and we have friends all over Ontario. As much as I enjoy parties having to plan a engagement party, Jack...

Joy, friday 7-Apr-23 7
Joy
Affordable and practical bridesmaid dresses?
Joy, On March 18, 2023 at 23:26

I'm looking at what places sell bridesmaid dresses in my area, and so far all I've seen are David's Bridal, and Sorella Vita for brands. I was looking at a few online too, but they're often really...

Hank, monday 27-Mar-23 10
D
Long or short bridesmaids dresses in 2023?
Danielle, On February 16, 2023 at 00:30

I'm debating between keeping my bridesmaids' dresses long, or cutting them short (knee length). No one seems to be doing short dresses nowadays on instagram/ pinterest, but my bridesmaids are not very...

Matilda, sunday 8-Oct-23 9
Jackie
2 dresses or 1?
Jackie, On March 13, 2023 at 13:31

Hi ladies! Wanted some input from all you beautiful brides. I wouldn’t call my wedding dress comfortable by any means, and I plan to dance up a storm, but this thing cost me SO much money, and it’s...

Eurosegeln, monday 20-Mar-23 8
Julie
Time to Share - How Did You Meet your Fh/spouse?
Julie, On February 13, 2023 at 12:41

Is it just me? Or are you also feeling extra lovey this month cause of Valentine's Day? Let's share how we met your significant other. I met my FH on a dating app 7 years ago. I saw his profile and...

Kasey, tuesday 20-Feb-24 99 3
Amanda
Who Is In Your Wedding Party?!
Amanda, On February 28, 2023 at 20:50

Will you have your closest friends and family standing up by your side? Or are you keeping it simple?! Who is in your wedding party?! My husband and I chose to have only a maid of honor and best man...

Yasmine, wednesday 1-Nov-23 46 2

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics