Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joy
Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia

Outfit change questions

Joy, on August 13, 2023 at 16:15 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6

I've heard of people doing dress changes and transformations, but has anyone changed footwear as well? My mom is lending me a pair of wedge heel sandals that she'd like me to wear (I'll make the final choice on Tuesday when my outfit all comes together), and what I'm thinking of doing is wearing them for the ceremony with an overskirt, and then taking off the overskirt and changing into flats. That way I can hem the underneath layer to my flats, and the overskirt is longer so that would work. I just don't know how weird it would be to have almost a 3 inch height difference between the ceremony and reception. I'd probably change part way through photos so I can get some pics in both looks.

Being an outdoor venue, I prefer flats, but I also have a condition where I can't stand for very long as is, and will be sitting for a portion of the ceremony. I'm just wondering how outfit changes usually work, especially with photos, and what might look best. I have a cape as well that I'll be using as a veil, that I don't plan to wear for the reception.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Marta, on September 28, 2023 at 09:43
  • Matilda
    Frequent user June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren’t thinking of changing
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't change my dress but I did change my shoes after our first dance.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was planning on doing a platform then change into my white vans that I transformed for the wedding but I got pregnant so fuzzy slippers it is for the entire day and night. lol

• Mila
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Outfit changes I noticed usually include the footwear as well. I don’t think the height difference because of your heels to flats will be weird at all.
    The change can be whenever you want it to be. The two times I’ve noticed the most do is when the newlyweds are first introduced after the ceremony, and the other is after dinner when the dancing and mingling starts.
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a second outfit with different shoes. Stayed in everything until after the guests starting dancing. Then I went to change into my white long romper and my Adidas shell tops. My feet had had enough 🤣
  • Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a second dress for my reception and a different pair of shoes to go with it. My plan is to wear my ceremony dress and shoes for the ceremony and the photos afterwards, then change to the party dress and shoes before the newlywed introduction, dances and dinner. I think usually outfit changes will happen at cocktail hour between the ceremony and dinner, but when depends on what you want to wear for your pics right after the ceremony!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics