Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner September 2023 Ontario

Wedding Invitations

Denise, on March 27, 2023 at 22:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 19
I wanted to ask how many months in advance are you ordering your invitations? Staples, Vista Print, Shutterfly etc. Anywhere else Brides/Grooms are ordering from??

19 Comments

Latest activity by Joy, on May 27, 2023 at 19:22
  • Joy
    Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found some nice designs on FreePic and my dad has a colour printer, so I used his. I got some light blue cardstock to make it look more unique. But if you do print from home, or anywhere that you would supply your own paper, do a couple tests, because for some reason, my dad's printer didn't want to have the ink stick to one corner, and perhaps a better paper could have helped. But they're fine, we had extras so we don't need the ones that got a bit messed up.

• Michelle
    Beginner September 2024 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got a free wedding paper/invitation sample pack from VistaPrint and Moo, and the Moo ones were definitely better quality!

• D
    Denise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'll definitely have to check zazzle out! Thank you!
  • R
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We ordered invitations from Zazzle! We ordered a year before the wedding, once the venue was booked. It was also super easy to chose a template you want. Also, Zazzle has a lot of discount offers pretty regularly too so the price is very reasonable!
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We ordered our STDs, invitations and address labels from Zazzle.com- super quick shipment and great prices! They have regular sales too so be sure to sign up for email notifications. We ordered ours in February and had them within two weeks

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I requested a sample package, but they didn't send me a sample of what I ordered.

They turned out better than I expected.

• S
    Newbie January 2020 Ontario
    Suzy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vista print is great. Some had color issue but the resend a full new set free of charges Smiley smile

• D
    Denise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome! Sounds like your invitations turned out really well. Smiley winking
  • D
    Denise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds like alot of couples are ordering from Vista Print. Good to know, thanks!
  • D
    Denise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the invitation info! Will keep it in mind.
  • D
    Denise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'll have to browse Michaels sometime. Thanks for the info.
  • D
    Denise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow, that's quick turn around time for invitations arriving. That's great, thanks!
  • D
    Denise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the details. Sounds like Vista Print is a good option. Did they send you a paper sample prior to ordering? Im trying to find that option.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered mine 1 year in advanced, sent the save the dates when I got them because of the high number of wedding happening in 2023, I am sending my actual invitations 3 months exactly before the wedding. I went with Vista print used their 30% off and they came in quick.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did it 6 months in advance - I bought a template off of Etsy, added my information then uploaded it to Vista Print and purchased those. They came in the end of February, so two weeks after I purchased them.

In total I spent about $130

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did our RSVP's, details card and Invite through Staples Copy & Print in Canva in September. Ordered in November. Took about a week and I went in to the store to pick up, to save on shipping costs. Mailed out in January.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We ordered ours about in February of last year, sent out Late May for our August wedding. We ordered template off of Etsy and printed from a partner shop on there "Prints of Love" - Super happy with how they turned out!

• Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ordered ours from vista print at the same time as the save the dates to save on shipping. We did that 10 months before. They came in about 2 weeks with regular shipping.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and I bought ours from Michael's in the box set by Gartner Studios. Made them at home on my laptop and printed them from home!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics