Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shamick
Newbie June 2024 Ontario

How to find a photographer + videographer

Shamick, on May 9, 2023 at 12:53 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Hello!!

I’ve started my search for a photographer + videographer but I am running into some trouble easily searching for providers that offer both. I feel like searching for one or the other is causing me to miss out on some providers that could be the one. There are also so many providers of either that come up and I’m beginning to feel out of my depth finding one and also looking into reviews. Definitely not as easy as finding a venue was for me lol.
How did you guys go about finding someone who offers both? Or did you end up booking two separate providers for photo and video? Any suggestions of someone you’ve used / are using or know of are also very much welcomed. I’m located in the GTA and our wedding will be June 2024 😊

5 Comments

Latest activity by Joy, on May 27, 2023 at 19:38
  • Joy
    Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on what you're looking for. Most videographers or even venues will have a couple photographers they've worked with before, but when doing a video, and photos, that means you typically need at least 3 people. I haven't yet seen a group that works together that was within my budget, so I'd suggest finding one that you like, whatever is more important to you, and then ask them if they know anyone who does the other one. In my case, I found a videographer through working on a video together (I dabble in video, but mostly do photos) and I like what he does, so unless I find someone else, he had someone in mind that he could suggest.

I'm kind of doing it in a weird way because I'm going with people I know already as much as I can.

• Shamick
    Newbie June 2024 Ontario
    Shamick ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! It’s good to know I can look separately and also possibly save some costs .
  • Shamick
    Newbie June 2024 Ontario
    Shamick ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ! This is very helpful
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you look at wedding studio companies, they will usually have a crew of both photographers and videographers that they offer as a package.

A lot of solo photographers will also have a recommendation list of videographers they've worked with. Sometimes it's on their website, sometimes you have to ask them for one.

• Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We searched thoroughly for just our photographer and can’t remember how I initially learned of her but connected via Instagram.
    Wasn’t really searching for a videographer at all but a few months after booking our photographer we went to a wedding show and spotted the videographer there. They were also offering a great promo so ended up booking them.
    I did the calculations now and by booking them separately we saved a few hundred dollars.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics