Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie September 2023 Alberta

Ceremony songs!?

Corinne, on January 25, 2023 at 23:10 Posted in Wedding ceremony 2 11
How the heck do you choose ceremony songs? And how many songs do you normally squeeze into the ceremony? I’m thinking we’ll have music as people gather in the lodge and up til I walk the aisle. Do you have a Spotify playlist you can share for ideas? I like acoustic versions of songs but idk. So stuck lol! parks-and-rec-april-ludgate.gif

11 Comments

Latest activity by Joy, on April 12, 2023 at 13:43
  • Joy
    Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to ask some musicians I know to do music. I'm planning to have a song for when people are getting seated (which I might also just do a recorded song for), a song for walking in (not sure if I want one song for everyone, or have a separate one for me), perhaps a song for paper signing and such, and one for walking out. I've been eyeing some cover songs from The Piano Guys, but I don't have anything set in stone yet. For the reception, I'll probably make a playlist and chose special entrance and exit songs.

• Victoria
    Newbie June 2019 Greater London
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I need a list too! please

• C
    Corinne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s amazing! Lol! My childhood right there.
  • G
    Newbie May 2023 Quebec
    Gabriella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, choose what makes you happy. Personally am going to walk to a wedding arrangement of the jurassic park theme so I don't believe I should have a say haha
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You can always practice at your home or hotel prior to the wedding. Even if everyone is aware of how long the song plays, who they're walking with etc would be helpful.

• C
    Corinne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The only crappy part is that we can’t have a rehearsal because they won’t let us access the lodge until 3pm the day of the wedding. Not even decor til then
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There's no right or wrong answer. I've seen people use only one song for the entire bridal party, including the bride while others have a different track for every individual bridal party and family member. It's up to you. Whatever you do, just rehearse it properly so everyone knows the flow and it'll go smooth.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My spotify play list is all instrumental, and it's named seating and dinner. I will have an MC to put it on while guest are arriving and seating, then my grooms walk and then my walk. The same play list will be playing while we sign the documents and while we are taking pictures.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had songs playing while people we're getting ready to be seated. We had a song for my MOH and Myself walking down the aisle (we used the same song). One song for the signing of the registry and one for once we were announced as husband and wife

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are also stuck on this! A song as the guests arrive, one for the ushers to walk to the alter, one for my walk don the aisle, another after we are married.......it's a lot to pick and with our tastes in music so different it become quite difficult to decide

• L
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be using my phone, plugging it into the speakers at the venue, and having music play while guests arrive and up until the ceremony starts.

I don't have Spotify (I made an Apple Playlist) but the songs I'm using are all instrumental covers for this portion of the wedding. Vitamin String Quartet, Dallas String Quartet, 2Cellos all have beautiful covers.

I have a second wedding playlist that will be playing during cocktail hour/dinner. This one has acoustic covers with actual singing. The Vessels, Sleeping at Last, Boyce Avenue, Tyler Ward, James Vincent McMorrow, Landon Austin are a few artists who do some amazing acoustic covers!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics