Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie September 2023 Ontario

No dancing

Shari, on April 5, 2023 at 14:04 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8
What do you think if there's no first dances or plan for a DJ; but rather, I'll have live classical music?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on April 10, 2023 at 11:02
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's really up to you if you want a first dance? I want a first dance and combine the parent dance.

You can play classical music with a modern twist to still have people dancing at the reception.

• S
    Shari ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love the idea of ppl playing - sounds specail and more intimate. Do you have Specail requests for speeches; for instance, do u have a list or an MC?
  • Joy
    Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not dancing, and my ideal is to get a string trio. I know some wonderful musicians that might be willing to do it. I've also seen people do special musics, like one of the groomsmen plays guitar really well so we might get him to play a song, or get my aunt who is a pianist to play and sing a love song. Kind of blend speeches in with special songs. My ideal would be to mix some classical with some modern songs. I love some arrangements by The Piano Guys, and most of their music is around $5 to download which isn't bad. I'm really eyeing their arrangement of Anyone by Justin Bieber as a modern song. Or we'll use that as a walking out song.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sounds lovely ❤️ Agree with everyone, do what you and your fiance want. We have a DJ and are only doing first dance...FH hates dancing and has made it clear he will not be on the dance floor 🤣
  • Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the sound of it.
    I’m like you, so we’re skipping the traditional dances. We do have a DJ but we’re not doing much of a dance floor area either. DJ is more for the ceremony and background music. Do whatever makes you feel most comfortable!
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I completely agree with Amanda, do exactly as you wish Smiley heart

However, just be mindful that people may not know how to react and or leave early? Will it be open for people to ballroom dance to the classical music? or no dancing at all? I personally love dancing at weddings and can only listen to so much classical music so I may be one to head out early BUT that is just me, depends on your crowd.

• S
    Shari ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Gosh- thank you!
    I do like dancing- but for me I don't want extra attention.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that's a lovely idea. Just remember, this is your wedding day. Do what you and your fiance want to do Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics