Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joy
Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia

How to feel more wedding?

Joy, on April 21, 2023 at 21:13 Posted in Wedding fashion 1 3

Long story short, I'm making my own thing, and it's blue and white.
I'm using this blue here https://fabricville.com/products/textured-tencel-rayon-tania-blue And I have some white lace over top for the bodice. Here's a pic with the lace before I cut out the pieces. How to feel more wedding? 1

The problem is that, it just doesn't feel "wedding" enough, and feels a bit too vintage. I was inspired a lot by 1930s dresses, but something just feels like it's not enough. I'm thinking adding some sparkle, like sewing on some small beads among the lace might help, but I'm not sure.
The pattern is inspired by this one I've made before, but with a different deeper V neckline so it's sleeveless and doesn't have the sheer parts. I'm also hoping to do a collar into cap sleeve type thing that a lot of older styles do with either a sailor collar type thing, or a piece of fabric gathered at the middle and then going out over the arms, like an attached scarf. How to feel more wedding? 2I just don't know what should be changed to make it feel more special and not like I just put lace on something fairly standard. I'm open to suggestions.

3 Comments

Latest activity by John, on May 24, 2023 at 03:11
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love it! Smiley heart

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Joy, love the vintage look! I think adding some sparkle would help and also a veil! I feel like veils can really help tie in more of the bridal look.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics