Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Who Is In Your Wedding Party?!

Amanda, on February 28, 2023 at 20:50 Posted in Plan a wedding 2 47

Will you have your closest friends and family standing up by your side? Or are you keeping it simple?! Who is in your wedding party?!

My husband and I chose to have only a maid of honor and best man stand up for us at our wedding.

I had my best friend of almost 8 years and my husband chose his brother.

Who Is In Your Wedding Party?! 1

47 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on April 13, 2024 at 11:56
  • N
    Curious July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having 5 bridesmaids and 5 groomsmen, 1 maid of honour and 1 best man they are all of our siblings.
  • Matilda
    Featured June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our siblings are in our wedding party
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds like you're going to have a great group of people standing up for you on your big day! Smiley heart

• Layla
    Beginner October 2024 British Columbia
    Layla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister and sister in law are both my MOH’s! My FH’s friends spouses are my brides maids! We all get along so well so I am excited for them to be apart of our big day!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that's a beautiful idea to have your parents as your witnesses. To also have 2 of your close friends on each side of you is perfect! Smiley heart

• Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having our moms be the witnesses. Fiancé is having two of his close friends, and I am having the same. One of my bridesmaid is pregnant and due two days after our wedding, so the day of I might have one person standing by me if she’s not up.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a beautiful idea! Smiley heart

• Nmjg77
    Newbie September 2022 New Brunswick
    Nmjg77 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our witnesses were our Mothers and my husband has his 3 best friends and I had my 4 best friends. We felt our #1 friends in the world were our Mothers so we wanted them to be our witnesses. Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It was honesty the best decision to have just one each standing up for us! No hard feelings for anyone else!

That's a great group of people to be apart of your wedding day!

• Jackie
    Featured September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the simplicity of having the 2 you’re closest to up there! I’m having my 4 best friends as bridesmaids, and my 3 brothers up with me. My fiancé is having his 4 closest friends. Big wedding party!!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much! Smiley heart

That's a great group of people to have by your side!

• Jessica
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Firstly, congratulations on your wedding!

And both and my fiancé and I decided to have 3 bridesmaids, 3 groomsmen, along with my maid of honour, and his best man!

I decided two have my two best friends (one as the MOH); because I always knew I needed them there with me, my younger cousin; we are very close, and she gets along really well with my fiancé, and my future SIL; she's literally been the most supportive person, and I'm the closest with her out of all my fiancé's siblings.

My fiancé chose his two best friends from childhood as groomsmen, and two of his cousins (one as the Best Man) who he talks to almost everyday.

• A
    Beginner July 2023 Ontario
    Adriana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah.
    Glad my FH agreed to it. HAHAHA
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I still think that is a great group of people! I love smaller wedding parties

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that's a great group of people! Smiley heart

• A
    Beginner July 2023 Ontario
    Adriana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

(After much deliberation)

My fiance & I have kept to keep it small. I have 2 sisters and my FH has 1 brother. Unfortunately, I only speak to a sister that lives out of province. Therefore, his brother is the best man, the sister I speak to is the maid of honour, The flower girls & ring boys are our combined nieces & nephews which is- 2 girls & 3 boys

• Joy
    Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've chosen to go with what you could say is one good friend from each stage of life. My best friend from childhood, my fiance's sister who I hung out with more in high school, and then a friend from university. We're not really going to single out one person each, like a maid of honour or best man, as we couldn't pick just one. The jobs done by that role will likely be divided by who wants to do it.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a beautiful group of people! ❤️
  • Dayle
    Newbie October 2024 Ontario
    Dayle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have my best friend of almost 10 years as my MOH, then my SIL and my other closest friend as bridesmaids! My partner has hos best friend from childhood as his best man, then my brother and 2 of his other closest friends as groomsmen!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a great group of people to be apart of your day ❤️
  • Petrina
    Curious September 2024 Ontario
    Petrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister is my MOH. Three of my bridesmaids are my friends I've known since Kindergarten and gradeschool and my last bridesmaid is my FH's sister whom I love dearly ❤️. My FH is still finalizing his people. His brother-in-law is his best man and his dad will be one of his groomsman, but he wants one more person.
  • Petrina
    Curious September 2024 Ontario
    Petrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is sweet❤️
  • Herwin
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Herwin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

To be honest, I had a hard time picking who will be in the wedding party than my fiancé did. I was really careful of whom I chose because I didn't really have a lot of girlfriends. My maid of honor was an easy pick, it was my younger sister. But in the end, I chose one female coworker who I was good friends with and a school friend of almost 20 years as my bridesmaids.

My fiancé chose his younger brother as his best man. His groomsmen are: two childhood friends of his and a mutual friend.

Yes, we have an uneven number in our wedding party but that's ok, it doesn't have to be even on both sides after all. Smiley smile

-Ghia

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agreed! Do not include them just for this reason, you may be regretful of it. They will just have to understand, period. I thought I was going to be in my friends wedding party but she did not ask lol and explained afterwards why (even though she didn't have to and I did not even ask her why) but I did not at all make a deal out of it. I just wanted to support her during an already ,can be, stressful time, and when her day came, just enjoy with her!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my gosh! That's a big party!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hate people who think they are entitled to certain things. This is your wedding pick whoever you want to be in your bridal party and if people get upset because you didn't choose them then that is on them not you.
  • C
    Beginner October 2024 Ontario
    Cassidy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had the awkward experience of a friend saying "I better be in your wedding party!" and honestly, I wasn't planning on it. I wanted my sister as by MOH and three other best friends as my bridesmaids, but I feel like this girl will be upset as she always says I am her best friend... help!

• Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a big wedding party lol
    My goddaughter is going to be our flower girl, her brother will be 1 ring bearer, and our friends' son will be the other.

I have a very close group of girls (including 4 of us that are basically each other's ride and dies) that I couldn't imagine my big day without them up there with me - so 7 ladies (including a Jr. Bridesmaid), and my FH is having 3 of my BM's sig. others stand up there with him, one of my cousins, my brother, and his son as a JR. Groomsman. FH had cut out a lot of his family and friends who were fairly toxic - luckily, he has become close with the partners of some of my best friends, and my family

Now, we asked all these people a few months after we got engaged 5 years ago now, so when we are getting closer to finalizing things, we will be re-asking these individuals, and giving them an "out" if their life situations have changed

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I see it happening a lot more often with so many families blending together Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love seeing a lot of people having their kids being apart of their wedding !❤️❤️
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having our kids as our wedding party and my MOH is a best friend of 6 years

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm sure you will have a great time! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics