Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Newbie July 2023 Ontario

Long or short bridesmaids dresses in 2023?

Danielle, on February 16, 2023 at 00:30 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9

I'm debating between keeping my bridesmaids' dresses long, or cutting them short (knee length). No one seems to be doing short dresses nowadays on instagram/ pinterest, but my bridesmaids are not very tall and have expressed a preference for short dresses. I'm worried it will look dated. Has anyone done short dresses in this age of long dresses? Any thoughts/ advice?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Matilda, on October 8, 2023 at 14:00
  • Matilda
    Featured June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our bridesmaids will be wearing long dresses
  • Joy
    Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the long classic look for a few reasons. I like giving people the option to not wear tights, as sometimes it can be inconvenient in summer as well as giving more options for shoes as they're not as visible. It also is more of an equalizer, as in if they're all hemmed properly, you don't notice height differences as much. If everyone in my party likes a shorter dress, I'm open to it, but I like the long look, especially with A-line skirts that keep the sun off your legs, while allowing for some airflow so it's not too hot.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Knee length would be nice, and in July its going to be hot

• D
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks everyone for the responses and advice! We ended up going with long dresses, but it was because once they tried on their dresses in their size, the bridesmaids all decided they preferred long! Ultimately, it was my preference for them to decide, as I want them to feel comfortable on the day, so I am glad it worked out the way it did!

• Natasha
    Curious April 2023 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everything could be dated in the future; you can't control what will happen later on. You're also saying that it's not the current trend therefore it's dated, but you could say the same for the trends right now on instagram and Pinterest.

It's important to me that people feel comfortable and good about themselves but you may prioritize other things. Doesn't matter what other people are doing Smiley smile
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I honestly didn't care, none of my girls are wearing the same dress because every BODY is different, & finding something everyone liked/ flattered all figures was a battle i did not want to deal with. im not the one wearing the dress and i would prefer my girls are comfortable day of. my only rule was it fit them and was their assigned wedding color

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just remember this is your wedding day. You have the final say if it should be long or short. They can have all different kinds of dresses in the same color if you want as well!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It all depends on the dress you are going for, K1327 example is pretty. I'm allowing my girls to pick whatever length they want and style as long as it's black.

But so many great options, I say go for it and bring it back!

Long or short bridesmaids dresses in 2023? 1

Long or short bridesmaids dresses in 2023? 2

Long or short bridesmaids dresses in 2023? 3

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think knee length is pretty! I would definitely be more apt to do shorter with a July wedding too. Are they open to just past the knee, I think the below length (midi?) is really pretty.

Long or short bridesmaids dresses in 2023? 4

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics