Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jackie
Devoted September 2023 Alberta

2 dresses or 1?

Jackie, on March 13, 2023 at 13:31 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8
Hi ladies! Wanted some input from all you beautiful brides. I wouldn’t call my wedding dress comfortable by any means, and I plan to dance up a storm, but this thing cost me SO much money, and it’s absolutely beautiful. It seems a shame to only wear it for a couple of hours then change.

I am curious, who is planning on getting a second dress for reception and dance, and why? And are there any brides out there with tips to make the wedding dress more comfortable? My main issue is the beading makes it a little itchy.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Eurosegeln, on March 20, 2023 at 20:04
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the thoughtful reply Joy! I’ve attached a photo- as you can see I’m definitely not modest, it’s got pretty much no neckline and it’s skin tight. It has a lining in it already, but because it’s so tight I can feel the stitching through that. I will definitely talk to my seamstress though about maybe finding a different lining and see what she has to say so I appreciate the input! At this point in time I’m leaning towards a second dress for the dinner and dance anyways. I do want to be comfortable and I don’t want to soil this beautiful dress. 2 dresses or 1? 1

• Joy
    Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm planning to go with a jumpsuit and an overskirt. I tried on an off the shoulder jumpsuit at David's Bridal and I really liked it, but I also liked a dress with a sheer layer over top. Since I'm making my own thing, I'm going to combine what I liked about each into one.

I've seen all sorts of fun options with using a separate skirt. Usually with a jumpsuit or shorter dress under it, but it's a much cheaper way to get two looks without buying a whole extra dress.

As for being itchy, is there something you can wear under it? I've seen dance tights that have long arms and people will use that if they have itchy sleeves if it's a good enough skin tone match. Perhaps a lining could be added with something? My personal favourite fabrics are cotton (especially sateen, like those really soft bed sheets), viscose, and if you need stretch, lycra or even powernet might work and blend in with it. It's hard to say without seeing it, but wearing a slip, especially a thin satin or (faux) silk one, can help a lot. I've even seen someone use what was essentially a really long camisole under lace to make it more comfortable and not see-through, so depending on the neckline, that could help too.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Eventhough it was a steal, I am sticking with one dress

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only had one dress for the entire day. I absolutely loved my dress wayyy too much to change into something else. But everyone is different! Do what you want to do!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought a 2nd dress on lulus for like $100. I wasn't even 100% sure if I was going to change but I wanted to have an affordable 2nd dress incase I wanted to change. My dress ended up being super heavy and the straps were starting to bother me. We had sunset photos around 9pm so I changed right after those! If we weren't doing sunset photos I probably would have changed sooner. I think its important to be comfortable on your wedding day!
  • Stevie
    Frequent user September 2023 Ontario
    Stevie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m planning on changing into a shorter/more A-Line dress to dance and eat after the ceremony and cocktail hour. I’m obsessed w my main dress and it cost me 3k so I want to get my wear out of it but my second dress was about $80 and I just know I’ll be way more comfortable. Plus, it will save the expensive dress from getting TOO dirty/torn up
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s so elegant!! Love this idea
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan on dancing up a storm later. I love my dress but changing after dinner. I want to be able to breathe LOL. I bought a white romper to wear later. Simple and within the budget

2 dresses or 1? 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics