Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jackie
Featured September 2023 Alberta

Wedding favours for guests?

Jackie, on April 28, 2023 at 11:32 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 21

Curious to know who is going to be giving their guests little keepsakes? We want to find a fairly inexpensive trinket to gift to our ~100 guests that won't break the bank. Wanted to know if you brides plan to do anything, what you are doing if so, or even if you aren't, if you have any clever ideas!

21 Comments

Latest activity by Matilda, on October 8, 2023 at 13:46
  • Matilda
    Featured June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Natalie is obsessed with hearts and we found heart shaped salt and pepper shakers that we are giving out as favours
  • E
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Elaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made personalized nutella jars with a thank you sticker taped to the top of the lids

• Arden
    Curious July 2023 British Columbia
    Arden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't doing favors but donating to a charity in lieu of what we would have spent on favors. Somewhere in the reception we'll have a sign up explaining this.

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s cute 🥰 I like that!!
    My FH is American, and we are thinking of maybe doing a toonie bar, then give each guest a little envelope with a toonie in it “First drink on the Mr. and Mrs.”
    We thought it might be a fun little novelty for the Americans to get their own toonie.
  • A
    Newbie June 2024 Manitoba
    Ainsley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What about individually packaged cookies or fudge? “Love is sweet…”
  • Joy
    Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a good idea! Too bad my wedding is at the start of blueberry season, or else I could do the same with those.

One wedding I was at had people take the decorations home, but most common seems to be candy of some sort.

I'm thinking of doing bubbles, like so everyone can blow bubbles since we can't throw things outside in the grass (no confetti, flower petals, rice, etc) and it's too early in the day for sparklers. So I'm thinking that people can just take the rest of the bubbles home? I'm trying to think of something that could be used that day not just a souvenir, as I'd say about 90% of attendees are local already. I thought about doing sun hats for the bridesmaids but then I couldn't find a style I liked.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would love this as well as a favour Smiley heart

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is adorable!! I would love that as a wedding favour

• A
    Newbie June 2024 Manitoba
    Ainsley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a history of farming in our family. So we are using our heritage rhubarb and making jam. The cost should be less than $200 - the biggest cost being the small (125ml) jars. I will be putting a tag on it that says our names and for guests to “spread the love”
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided on popcorn, personalized bags and 4 different flavors that they can choose and bring as a snack home or to their hotel room.

Food has been a popular item, plants that you grow yourself, or handmade teas and jams.

I've learnt that physical items get left behind, thrown out or in the back of the junk drawer and never seen again, but there's so many different options.

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    🥹 I love this. Getting so many great ideas from everyone here!
  • J
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re giving a donation to our favourite animal rescue in lieu of favours. Each table will have a framed statement explaining this and how our guests can donate too if they wish.
  • Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve considered koozie, beer opener keychains, his and hers favourite candy, popcorn, and local jam but as of now decided against favours.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We made beer through a local beer maker and gave out a bottle to each of our guests.

Wedding favours for guests? 1

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't give any favors at our wedding and to be honest nobody even noticed. We did send everyone a photo of our group shot with our thank you card. I do have to say everyone really liked that as a gift instead!
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a really nice keepsake! Great idea, everyone will be dressed up, I am sure people will love that.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We thought about this for a long time- pros and cons for each suggestion. Most items are put in a drawer, tossed in the garbage or left at the reception. In the end we are giving our guests a pic of themselves from our photo booth. It is the first family event since COVID and most couples don't keep up to date couple photos of themselves.

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is such a personal and sweet gift, love that idea Smiley smile

• L
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll be giving little bottles of maple syrup from a company in our hometown.

Their maple grove is on a little mountain near my fiance's family's camp; it's also around the area where we got engaged so we thought it would be a special little favour to give out.

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are adorable!!!

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding favours for guests? 2

We chose to have because I found it fun to plan, we had a smaller guest count, and I loved the look of it on the table lol (had the chocolates paired with each guests place seating name card). I chose little wrapped chocolates with dried flowers and lottery tickets (loved the cheeky message on the envelope - "We hope you get lucky tonight - K + S" haha Smiley heart . All ordered off of Etsy! All of our guests ended up taking them so none went to waste.

Wedding favours for guests? 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics