Caitlyn

Canmore, Alberta · From January 2020

Happily married 🎉

September 3, 2021

982days 18hrs
Caitlyn
Rain on your wedding day
Caitlyn, On August 27, 2021 at 20:13

I'm getting married in a week (eeeek!!) and we had initially planned on doing an outdoor ceremony with a backup plan for an indoor ceremony if needed. The forecast keeps changing, and as of right now...

Vinod, tuesday 31-Aug-21 4 138
S
Wedding/event Insurance
Svetlana, On August 25, 2021 at 21:07

Has anyone bought Wedding insurance? From Where? Thanks for your help!

Vinod, friday 3-Sep-21 4 1
Alexis
Registry question
Alexis, On August 17, 2021 at 15:44

Hey everyone so I got married last month and over the last few months things have been getting purchased off of our registry. I just looked over the registry and things I thought were coming never...

Vinod, monday 23-Aug-21 6
Christiana
Exhausted by Social Expectations re Weddings/marriage
Christiana, On August 7, 2021 at 14:45

**This is just a rant because I'm feeling extra salty about the female experience in a patriarchal world today and I'm finding myself being even less tactful than usual in the comments about wedding...

Vinod, monday 16-Aug-21 13 2
Gift
Wedding Jewelry? Where from?
Gift, On August 4, 2021 at 15:26

Hello All, Where did you get your wedding jewelry from? I need options and any suggestions would be getting appreciated. Thank you 🙏🏻

Gift, thursday 5-Aug-21 17
Hailey
Seating chart questions
Hailey, On August 3, 2021 at 13:04

Good morning everyone! I’m wondering if anyone can tell me how they seated people? I have two large families but only about 12 both side included) are coming and they won’t all fit at one table... how...

Hailey, thursday 5-Aug-21 14
Taylyn
Honeymoon 2022
Taylyn, On July 23, 2021 at 23:01

How is everyone doing a honeymoon? we would love to go away out of Canada if possible like Europe and go backpacking but also trying to be realistic about COVID looking forward to suggestions and...

Amanda, wednesday 9-Feb-22 29 1
Natalie
Save the dates - too early?
Natalie, On July 1, 2021 at 16:04

Hello! I am a Canadian bride and where I live we don’t usually do Save the Dates. But because of the pandemic, I am a bit worried about all my family and friends who have to book flights and all the...

Amanda, monday 5-Jul-21 20
Desiree
Veil or no veil
Desiree, On June 29, 2021 at 19:03

Who has decide on a veil? Is it still common to wear one, I’m still undecided and I can’t believe the prices of some of them 🤭

Alexis, monday 5-Jul-21 13
Brittany
Your Wedding Date
Brittany, On June 21, 2021 at 11:40

Hi Everyone! Let's start a discussion about our wedding dates and why we chose them! I'll go first. When I first got engaged this past March, at first we wanted to do something in the Banff/Canmore...

Tunisha, saturday 26-Jun-21 26
Hank
How many grooms actually picked their own outfit?
Hank, On June 10, 2021 at 09:55

Like the title says. The reason I ask is because I'm seeing A LOT of discussion on Facebook groups where the women are picking out the groom's outfit. I realize there's a lack of gents on this forum...

Alexis, thursday 17-Jun-21 48
Caitlyn
Veil weights
Caitlyn, On June 11, 2021 at 22:27

I recently just found out that there are weights that you can attach to your veil to help keep it from blowing everywhere during your outdoor ceremony/photos. Has anyone used them before? Yay or nay?...

Tunisha, saturday 12-Jun-21 3 128
Hank
Ring Holder for the Ceremony
Hank, On June 8, 2021 at 07:55

What are you using to hold the rings at the ceremony, before they're placed on your fingers? Locket? Fancy box? Top of a pillow? Also, who are you entrusting to carry the rings throughout the day...

Desiree, monday 14-Jun-21 14
Kellsey
August 2021
Kellsey, On June 7, 2021 at 14:22

How is everyone that’s having a August 2021 wedding feeling about COVID restrictions. I want to be optimistic that everything will be open. But with stampede a go here in Calgary I’m worried to go...

Desiree, monday 14-Jun-21 11
Alisha
Buying Dresses Online
Alisha, On June 4, 2021 at 00:54

Has anyone bought dresses from Azazie?

Sarah, tuesday 8-Jun-21 8
Amanda
Easing of Restrictions
Amanda, On May 26, 2021 at 14:13

Hey everyone! Jason Kenny just released the OPEN FOR SUMMER PLAN for Alberta Hope this helps for the summer brides!

Veronica, sunday 30-May-21 15
D
Bridal party thank yous
Devrie, On May 26, 2021 at 15:41

So, with all the issues with covid my fiance and I have decided to cancel our wedding and are doing a ceremony at town hall with just his parents. We both got too overwhelmed with all the planning and...

Caitlyn, wednesday 26-May-21 6
Rebecca
Take on artificial flowers for the bride, bridesmaid, and maid of honor
Rebecca, On May 25, 2021 at 19:16

Hey guys, im getting married next year. I would like opinions on type of flowers. I would like to have some orange in. I love that color. But i also think that a real bouquet is very expensive. I was...

Megan, thursday 27-May-21 10
Stacey Tc
Photo Wishes & Misses
Stacey Tc, On May 21, 2021 at 15:17

Has anyone looked at your photos after receiving them back (or years later) and thought I wish I had _____. For example: My MOH wishes she had a professional photo with just her and each party member...

Stacey Tc, tuesday 25-May-21 6
Rayanne
Style of bouquets
Rayanne, On May 21, 2021 at 11:34

When it comes to bouquets what style is everyone looking at? I personally want a pageant style boutique Some like the more round shape While some are more of the cascade type... There are the floral...

Tunisha, saturday 29-May-21 25 1
Hae
Do you give your bridesmaids gifts when you ask or after the wedding?
Hae, On May 20, 2021 at 21:54

Just wondering what people do - whether they give bridesmaids gifts after they say yes or the wedding, or you prepare before asking?

Rebecca, tuesday 25-May-21 17
Jasmine
Bridesmaid wont buy their dress!!!
Jasmine, On May 18, 2021 at 00:03

I found good dress online on website azazie and i ask my bridesmaids to buy the dress i pick but they said its too early and what if they cannot use the dress because of pandemic. they think because...

Jasmine, tuesday 15-Jun-21 20
Abbie
Wedding Cakes
Abbie, On April 17, 2021 at 13:20

Our venue asked us for ideas regarding wedding cakes and I’m honestly totally at a loss for where to start.... does two tiers sound like a good size for 50 guests? (Considering dessert is also...

Abbie, tuesday 20-Apr-21 14
Caitlyn
Putting info on the back of the wedding invite
Caitlyn, On April 10, 2021 at 23:10

I am in the process of finalizing details for wedding invitations and I seem to keep switching between whether I think it's okay or faux-pas to put information on the back of our invites. It would be...

Katerina, thursday 20-May-21 9
N
Covid Wedding Restrictions Alberta
Nida, On March 16, 2021 at 04:43

Brides getting married this year how are you feeling? Our wedding is coming up in 2 months and I’m feeling so uncertain and scared about how the wedding restrictions will look like by May? Any brides...

Teri, sunday 11-Apr-21 10
Jillian
Minted discount better than 25%
Jillian, On April 5, 2021 at 13:04

Does minted ever have a better discount than 25% off?

Anickanoppe, friday 29-Sep-23 9
Amanda
Hair
Amanda, On April 1, 2021 at 11:41

Hey everyone! What is everyone thinking of doing for their hair for the big day?! Keeping it down, putting it up into nice updo, adding extensions?! Are you getting a hair stylist do your hair or are...

Amanda, saturday 24-Jul-21 26
Liberty
Picking Your Wedding Colours
Liberty, On March 24, 2021 at 12:26

How did you pick your wedding colours? Is it something you've always known or did you find inspiration from Pintrest or somewhere else? Are you using one shade or multiple shades of the same colour? I...

Sharlene, monday 12-Apr-21 30 1
Bailey
Registry’s
Bailey, On March 21, 2021 at 22:26

Hi guys ! I realized that after I deactivated my account I couldn’t get back into my original which is annoying !! ANYWAYS !! My mother in law is adamant we get a registry and I’m honestly against...

Rayanne, tuesday 23-Mar-21 9
Hank
A Wedding You "Want" But Can't Have
Hank, On March 16, 2021 at 11:41

Let's pretend money and covid are not factors. What would be a craaaaaaaaazy wedding idea that if pulled off would be SO cool but something that in reality is impractical? A wedding in a historic...

Stacey Tc, thursday 27-May-21 15
Liberty
Bridesmaid Hangers
Liberty, On March 11, 2021 at 22:41

I wanted some cute hangers for the bridesmaid dresses but I didnt wanna pay like $20 each so I decided to DIY them. I picked up a pack of 5 white wooden hangers from Winners for $6!...

Liberty, friday 16-Apr-21 18 1

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics