Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kellsey
Newbie August 2021 Alberta

August 2021

Kellsey, on June 7, 2021 at 14:22 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
How is everyone that’s having a August 2021 wedding feeling about COVID restrictions. I want to be optimistic that everything will be open. But with stampede a go here in Calgary I’m worried to go through with our date thinking we should postpone but really do not want go through that again.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Desiree, on June 14, 2021 at 19:34
  • Desiree
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We booked for aug 07 2021 here in Ontario. Invites are sent out 😅. We are still planning as it will be a normal wedding but having a back up plan just in case things don’t reopen as soon as they schedule to . We are ok with guest or no guest.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your date seems secure and safe knowing the opening is bound not to shut down while everyone is getting vaccinated for the second round. Many couples including yourselves are feeling the downfall of what's bound to come. Hopefully, this is the optimistic view of knowing your celebrations can take place and with the count increase of attendance.
  • Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Phase 3 is set to begin by July 24th, which means large gatherings will be permitted. I’m very hopeful for you!
  • S
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am August 27 2021 with an indoor reception in Ontario. Already postponed from last August so we are going ahead. In stage 2 indoor receptions have 5 people but we are hoping for 25 minimum Smiley sad
  • Jenna
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am in Ontario getting married August 21st. It’s an indoor reception, just hoping for the best. Have not sent out any invitations yet but fingers are crossed for 50 people 😅
  • Katerina
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Katerina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are getting married on Aug 14th in Ontario. Also hoping for the best with vaccinations!

• Emily
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am not in Alberta but Ontario. This coming August 13th was our original date and I told my fiance and family that I am not moving the date. We cut our list early down to 30 people and are having our event all outside so I am quite hopeful it will be okay especially with the increase in vaccinations.. Not sure exactly how everything will turn out and it has definitely been stressful but we realized a smaller wedding is something both of us kind of want!

Wishing you luck, I hope everything will be okay and cases (if some) from the stampede will not affect anything. As someone who does have a background in events, I would hope that since they have decided to do the event they would still have Covid policies/ procedures in place such as screening, distancing, reduced amount of people and security so wide scale spread is limited and overall it is a safe event.

• J
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My daughter is getting married on Oct 2 2021, we couldn’t decide if we should cancel and rebook or go ahead. With the numbers coming down in Ontario, and the fact the the vaccination rates are increasing I’m feeling fairly confident we can pull it off in October. Thankfully our guest list is fairly small so if there is a limit on guests indoors we should be good at 50.
  • Caitlyn
    Frequent user September 2021 Alberta
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is September 3rd in Canmore. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I definitely go back and forth between whether I think we will be able to have our full wedding or not. While my biggest concern is Stampede, I truly think the Stampede board will do the best they can in making the event as safe as possible. Nenshi said a lot of people will be looking at Stampede since it's the first big event since the pandemic started, and they really dont want it to be a super spreader event. Also, Stampede is still about a month away and I'm being hopeful that by then we will have enough people with their 2nd shot that it'll help prevent a big surge in cases.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I postponed our august 7 2021 last month just for the sake that if things do open up like they want, he could change them again and then we're stuck with a wedding that we didn't envision. We live in edmonton but we're getting married in Kelowna BC and we just knew that we wanted to have the wedding that we've been dreaming of for the past 3 years and postponing for a second time was the best option for us. We want you have most of our family and friends with us and to celebrate our love and to be able to have a reception that we can remember for many years down the road and not regret anything
  • Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am not getting married this summer so I can not imagine the stress of having to postpone. I understand your worry with the stampede; we can have a blow up of cases like most places have had when they host a festival/party of some sort then all of the sudden there are thousand of cases again. I would like to think that with the rate we are at with vaccine distribution that you should not have a problem if its in August, since by then a lot of people should also have their second dose. We are never going to be 100% vaccinated because there are many people who are against the vaccine in Alberta.

I think overall Kenny is trying to say that literally no matter what they are not closing again because of how well the vaccine distribution is going.

I mean I could be wrong with a blow up of cases stemming from the stampede, it is a little over a month away so it gives time and motivation for those to get vaccinated to keep safe while going to these types of festivals.

Personally, I wouldn't post pone an August wedding. I would do it if you had a July wedding. Of course also have a plan b, where if you can only have limited guests (if its an option) and go over it with your vendors so youre not charged with a large amount of people if in August you can only have 50 people.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics