Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexis
Devoted July 2021 Ontario

Registry question

Alexis, on August 17, 2021 at 15:44 Posted in Just married 0 6
Hey everyone Smiley smile so I got married last month and over the last few months things have been getting purchased off of our registry. I just looked over the registry and things I thought were coming never arrived.. There are at least 15 gifts like this. Do you think people may have mailed it to their own homes to send after the wedding? Or do you think a ton of stuff just never arrived? Or was possibly taken by a porch pirate..

Would it be rude to ask the people who sent things that never arrived?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 23, 2021 at 10:00
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The gifts can be inquired by asking if they had the right address and what source of courier mailed it. Follow up with a tracking number so they can let you know or they didn't get one. It seems gifts can get lost in the mail or take longer because of the processing time to get through the facilities as I have to wait for some packages that way.
  • Caitlyn
    Frequent user September 2021 Alberta
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've had about 12 items purchased off our registry and only 2 have shown up, but I assume people are mailing the items to themselves, wrapping them and bringing them to our wedding.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would actually be upfront about it. Thank them for the gift and ask if they have any tracking information for it as it still hasn't arrived and you notice it was purchased a while ago and you're worried it got lost.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh, and congratulations on getting married! Smiley smile

• Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is such a nice way of asking
    Thank you!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First thank them for the gift and then ask when you should expect it. You can phrase it in a way so you can watch out for it when it's delivered. This way they know you didn't get it and they can track it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics