Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Newbie May 2021 Alberta

Covid Wedding Restrictions Alberta

Nida, on March 16, 2021 at 04:43 Posted in Alberta 0 10
Brides getting married this year how are you feeling? Our wedding is coming up in 2 months and I’m feeling so uncertain and scared about how the wedding restrictions will look like by May? Any brides feeling the same? We absolutely don’t want to move our date but also hate to think we will have a 10 people wedding

10 Comments

Latest activity by Teri, on April 11, 2021 at 16:24
  • T
    Curious July 2021 Alberta
    Teri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    June wedding here. I was feeling hopeful for at least 15-20 people. At this point we have just decided to go with the flow instead of stressing about things. We are okay with only having our parents/siblings and decided we would celebrate with everyone else once it is safe to do so. For us it came down to wanting to get married rather than having the big wedding celebration. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
  • Caitlyn
    Frequent user September 2021 Alberta
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is September 3rd, and regardless we will be going ahead with it. Currently we are starting to really ramp up planning (meeting with the vendor this weekend, setting appointments for hair and makeup trail, etc). I came to terms earlier this year that the original plan we had for our wedding may not happen, and I am okay with that. Obviously it's upsetting to think I won't be able to have my full guest list, but I'm also just looking forward to the day itself and marrying my fiancee with those nearest and dearest to us in attendance. I'm hopeful we can have 50 people, anymore than that and I'll be over the moon ecstatic.
  • Bailey
    Curious October 2021 Alberta
    Bailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re the end of October ... I’ve never been so anxious . But have very Optimistic mind set that we will be able to have 60 plus guests (hoping) ! Hate to say it but glad we are going back to stage 1 , as some people are negligent and not obeying . By doing this I hope by mid summer everything will be back to semi normal ! But still on edge
  • Kate22
    Newbie September 2021 Alberta
    Kate22 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My heart breaks for all of the Brides who have postponed once, even twice already. We are getting married September 25th and I am still full of anxiety. It's weird to think you have been dreaming of this day, and now it's hear and you can't even plan for it. The hardest part is having friends tell me "there is no sense is stressing, you can't do anything about it anyways." Difficult to say when it's not your situation. It's comforting to read other couple's stories and see that this is stressful and saddening. Fingers crossed if we go into another lockdown now, we can pull everything together for May or June. I'm thinking of you all xx

• Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good morning,

We are May 21 with only 64 original guests and are waiting another month before making any final decisions. However I have been non-stop making plans for a 50 person wedding if we go into step 4 of reopening and a 10 person ceremony, which is what is allowed right now, if we don't end up moving into step 3 or 4.

What are your vendors saying at the moment? If you haven't had this chat with them, I would try reaching out. If anything it will help you know where to go from here.

We postponed from July 2020 to May 2021 and I won't postpone us getting married again. If we can do 50 people, we will make the hard decision to cut the list. If we can only do 10, we will get married regardless and plan for a vow renewal/reception next year on our anniversary.

I hope that helps.

Cindy

• R
    Newbie May 2021 Alberta
    Rhea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Unfortunately, no easing of restrictions happened for today’s announcement Smiley sad our wedding is on May 8. Original number of guests 120. We are already thinking maybe we can do 50. But at this time, I just don’t know anymore. 😔 can anyone please advice me on what to do lol
  • Caitlyn
    Frequent user September 2021 Alberta
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is September 3rd and I was feeling super optimistic about everything, but seeing how our hospitalizations and daily numbers are starting to creep back up, I'm back to stressing and worrying about what will happen. Honestly, I prepared myself months ago for the realization that a 50 person wedding would be all we could have, so as long as we are able to do that then I'll be grateful and happy!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really hope by August you can have your 50 person wedding! In sept last year I was able to go to an 80 person outdoor wedding! Eloping in the mountains is our backup plan too!!
  • Megan
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg I am literally crossing my fingers and toes that things start easing. I am getting married in Aug and we JUST decided to only have 50 people (no extended family as that is 60 people alone not including us) but now I am looking at the very real possibility we cancel everything and elope in the mountains.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They could be reevaluating things on March 22! Crossing my fingers the ease them a bit for weddings!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics