Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taylyn
Curious April 2022 Ontario

Honeymoon 2022

Taylyn, on July 23, 2021 at 23:01 Posted in Honeymoon 1 29

How is everyone doing a honeymoon? we would love to go away out of Canada if possible like Europe and go backpacking but also trying to be realistic about COVID

looking forward to suggestions and hearing how others are trying to plan there honeymoon

*EDIT * -honeymoon 2022

29 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on February 9, 2022 at 00:06
  • D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We booked this cruise through Norwegian Cruise Line - www.ncl.com
  • Tammy
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Tammy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This sound so amazing! Do you mind sharing a link or where you can book a cruise like this? I’d love to look into it!
  • D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning a European cruise honeymoon for late October 2022 wedding i September of that year). The cruise leaves Southampton, UK and stops at ports in Spain, Portugal, France and Italy before ending in Rome. We are also planning to stay a few nights in London before the cruise and in Rome at the end. My fiancee has never been to Europe and I have never been to any of these places except England, so we are both pretty excited!
  • Ashley
    Newbie September 2021 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So far yes, we fly out in late September Smiley flower

• S
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Samia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg that’s my dream. We also want to fly to Europe are you still doing this? I need a push to book my flight 😂
  • Ashley
    Newbie September 2021 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married Sept 2021 and fly out to Paris and then Mallorca (Spain) the day after our wedding. There has been increased cases from summer travel, but so far the rules for vaccinated travelers are still good so fingers crossed!

• Taylyn
    Taylyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ! I hope you guys do as well!!💕
    I’m totally with you it looks Soo nice and to be on a plane again knowing that your going out of country safely. I may or may not have a beach with a margarita as my desktop picture which doesn’t help with not just saying screw it and booking 🤣🤣
  • Taylyn
    Taylyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know people that also got mixed doses but on the final paper it just says fully vaccinated w/ just the one vaccine company. I’d check on your paperwork and see might help
  • Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was so annoyed to hear that! I got mixed doses because the government told me it was safe and that it would make me fully vaccinated, and now we are getting this! So frustrating.

• Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm getting married December 17th, 2022. We are doing a destination wedding. So our ceremony and reception take place in Mexico and literally the next day we will be on our honeymoon. My fiancé and I are both fully vaccinated so I am not too worried about anything that may be related to Covid. If people can't make our wedding due to them not being vaccinated, that is on them and not really my problem LOL.

But yeah, getting married at the resort and staying afterwards for the honeymoon.

• Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I completely understand. It’s so hard to know what to do next… I still waffle back and forth whether we should book or wait. I just get so caught up looking at all these gorgeous pictures and the dream of travelling again 🤣 but either way- paying more money is bound to happen. I hope you guys get to have your dream honeymoon ❤️❤️ (At a semi-reasonable price lol)
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It totally would be!! There are so many nice places for a mini-moon in canada too!!
  • Taylyn
    Taylyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a great idea! I am going to suggest a mini-moon to my fiancé, it would be so nice to sit on a tropical beach after this crazy time that we have all been through before we have children

• Taylyn
    Taylyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

First off, thank you for all your hard work for the past year and a bit with covid! It is much appreciated Smiley heart

that's very unfortunate that you guys lost 2 deposits! that is one reason as to why I want to book something sooner then later for the prices are going crazy but also don't want to loose money on deposits. St. Lucia is lovely and has spectacular beaches, you will love it there!!

• Taylyn
    Taylyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG that sounds amazing!! that is our plan as well so would like to make it a good one as its unlikely that we will be able to get away again once there's more children ( we have my step son about 50% of the time), we would love to go to Europe for ours as well but depends on restrictions as well.

• Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are hoping to rebook our St. Lucia honeymoon for right after the wedding (June 2022)….prices have already begun to skyrocket- and Covid restrictions keep changing by the month… but we’re still just “keeping an eye” on it. No committing to booking yet as we had already lost 2 previous deposits.

I’m hoping by that time we won’t be requiring the Covid testing to get in and out…. I’m a healthcare worker and frankly, I’m DONE with those swabs up my nose… just can’t do it anymore. So. We’re waiting it out in hopes the restrictions change by then. If the situation doesn’t change we will be moving it to early 2023.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My Fiancé and I are getting married May 2022. I want to go on a tropical honeymoon but I dojt wanna go in May so we are going on our honeymoon in November 2022. But we are going to do a "mini-moon" right after the wedding in Banff. Just incase we can't go on our actual honeymoon
  • Caitlyn
    Frequent user September 2021 Alberta
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning on going to Italy and Greece, but we haven't yet booked anything. I think we are waiting until the end of the year to see what covid/restrictions/etc are like in Europe before we book anything. While we would love to have a honeymoon right after our wedding this September, we want to make sure we do it right and are able to really enjoy our trip, so it just makes sense for us to wait.
  • Erin
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re booking our Europe honeymoon soon for next May, planning on going for a month and we want to start a family soon after so not much choice as it will be expensive and once you have kids money can get a little tight lol. We are going to look at places with cancellation just in case, but I feel like now with most people double vaccinated everything should be okay.
  • Taylyn
    Taylyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have thought about waiting the only tub g is that my fiancé will be in school then for 4 years straight 🙃

We will likely have to stay in Canada and do a mini honeymoon till he is done school
  • Taylyn
    Taylyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Enjoy, I’m sure it will be a blast
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got married in November 2020, will likely have our postponed reception in spring 2022, and probably won't go on a proper honeymoon until 2023. We just don't want to have to worry about covid restrictions and we also aren't really prepared to pay for a wedding and honeymoon all at once. If you really want to travel internationally I'd suggest putting it off until late 2022 or 2023. Although most of Europe - at least the UK and EU - should be fully vaccinated by your wedding so you might be fine.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! I think so too!! We've both been there 3 times with our families but never together so I'm pretty stoked to experience it together!
  • Taylyn
    Taylyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds like a great time !!!
  • Taylyn
    Taylyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Dubai would be amazing!! We thought about that but my fiancé will be back in school then so will be hard to have time off
  • Gift
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not having our honeymoon this year but thinking of Europe/Dubai next year 🥰
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're planning on going to Disneyland in California for our honeymoon!! As well as going to all the other amusement parks like Knotts Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Universal Studios, Sea World, and San Diego Zoo

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were supposed to be on our Mediterranean cruise right now and extension in Venice and Tuscany - it was cancelled but we rebooked for next year. We can get our deposit back but we are also pretty optimistic that the only reason we'd be cancelling is due to family planning. I'd be booking what you can, with the ability to cancel or reschedule, before prices sky rocket. Obviously this may depend on where specifically you're looking at going.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're going to wait it out, especially considering the vaccination rates of some countries and an uprising in cases. Some places also don't recognize certain vaccine mixes.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics