Caitlyn
Frequent user September 2021 Alberta

Veil weights

Caitlyn, on June 11, 2021 at 22:27 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 3
Saved
I recently just found out that there are weights that you can attach to your veil to help keep it from blowing everywhere during your outdoor ceremony/photos. Has anyone used them before? Yay or nay? They seem like a great idea, although I'm wondering if they're really necessary or if they're just another expense that brides could do without.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on June 12, 2021 at 23:48
  • Tunisha
    Featured October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    Oh wow. I did not know that was a thing.
    All the things that people think of.

I still have yet to look into veils to get one for the wedding. I don’t think I’ll even look to get weights for them. I’ll just hold it on the side or let it blow. Haha
  • Rayanne
    Featured January 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    I never thought about how much a veil would weigh. I guess it a bonus I've never wanted one. It sounds a bit uncomfortable.
  • Carmel
    Featured March 2021 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    I have never heard of these but just putting in my experience with my veil - it's heavier than you think it'll be already! Mind you mind was cathedral length - but the wind and the weight it already had really caused me to want to toss the veil already during our photos (which were way before the ceremony). I actually took off the veil for the wedding party and family photos for a break. It was pulling A LOT and my head and kneck were hurting. Yes, it blew around a lot in photos (it was a windy day) but it made for fun photos. I can see wanting it to stay down for your ceremony for sure, I just can't imagine adding more weight/enough weight to prevent it from blowing... When my husband removed the blusher during the ceremony, the whole veil fell off and I was like GOOD RIDDANCE! 🤣

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics