Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rayanne
Master June 2022 Ontario

Style of bouquets

Rayanne, on May 21, 2021 at 11:34 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 25
When it comes to bouquets what style is everyone looking at? I personally want a pageant style boutique Style of bouquets 1

Some like the more round shapeStyle of bouquets 2

While some are more of the cascade type...Style of bouquets 3
There are the floral hoops that some people use. Or are you thinking of something totally different a lantern, a feather fan or a parasol? With so many things to choose from I thought I'd see what everyone else is doing.

25 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on May 29, 2021 at 19:31
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much Rayanne!

Our family did a fall photoshoot, and I fell in love with the burgundy and colours.
    What do you mean by wood flowers?

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are beautiful colours. I originally wanted red but I'm using wood flowers and I can not get a red that I like with them so I'm going with purple now
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That'll be very pretty
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t even looked at this as yet.
    But my plan is to get there soon. Hahaha.
    I’m having a Fall wedding and my colour is burgundy, gold, white and little bit of greenery. So I’m planning to have my bouquet 💐 with those colours.
    So, similar to this 1st photo, but a bit smaller and most looking like the 2nd photo. Just want a little gold as well. Style of bouquets 4
    Style of bouquets 5

• Tiana
    Curious June 2022 British Columbia
    Tiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Any time! Hope it works out!! 🤞
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the input!! I appreciate it 😊
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Who knew there would be so many details attached to a bouquet lol? It's nice and sometimes overwhelming to have so many choices.....
  • Tiana
    Tiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You could do either! But the style you have is lovely (also kudos on doing them yourself!!). Moving some pieces around is worth a try, and if it still doesn't look right, maybe add in another style of greenery!
  • Tiana
    Tiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm looking for more loose tied as well, with some cascading pea tendrils (we're having a June wedding). This is the photo I've been working on with the florist. It's personal preference! We have a lot of wildflowers at the wedding, all the table arrangements will be very casual and bud vase/handpicked feeling (we're getting flowers by the bucket and doing those ourselves), so I wanted the bouquet to complement that but be slightly more put together.

(Also I've had SO MANY PEOPLE ask me what I'm tying the bouquets with - WHY - does anyone actually know the answer to this??)Style of bouquets 6

• Stefanie
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do you think the eucalyptus I have or a different style of greenery?

I keep going back and forth on if I should take it all apart and start over lol.
  • Tiana
    Tiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you put some of the eucalyptus in the centre of the bouquet, it could help! It'll break up the flower part a bit and make it look more cohesive with the greenery, rather than separate (like the last photo)!
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I literally have never heard of a pageant style, interesting. I lean more towards the hand tied loose arrangement. Definitely know I don't want round or cascade

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is the worst part, the filler rabbit hole lol there is so much to choose from! Good luck you've made it look so good already I'm sure you'll get it the way you want.
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! I was feeling all great about them until I got to my bouquet lol! I just can't figure out what I need to do to it. Maybe a different hangy greenery I just don't know what kind..
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Really pretty. I'm still nervous to try lol. I have to dye some more flowers as well so waiting for paint to be sold.
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been working on my bouquets!!! The first photo is the bridesmaids which I am happy with how they look. The second is my bouquet.. which I feel like it needs something more. I just can't figure out what.. (it'd in a water jug because it kept tipping my vase lol) the last photos are sort of my inspo.

Style of bouquets 7
    Style of bouquets 8
    Style of bouquets 9
    Style of bouquets 10

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am definitely more about colour than type of flower too
  • Caitlyn
    Frequent user September 2021 Alberta
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing a hand-tied bouquet with red/white/pink/peach colours. The actual types of flowers didn't matter much to me, it was mainly just the colours of the flowers I was interested in. I let the florist pick most of what was in the bouquet, with my addition of succulents that I'm hoping to re-pot when after the wedding.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like the hand-tied as well. I'll be doing some round for my centerpieces. I think I'll use the carnation flowers I have for that.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It'll be something with a plant. Not a fan of fabric boutonnieres and I don't have any designated lapel pin like from military service or a special group etc.
    Originally when we were planning a winter wedding, it would've been greenery but will see what the florist suggests based on what's in season.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I def don't see enough pageant bouquets! I did both roung and hand-tied, the hand-tied was my fav for my style

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What about your boutineer. Are you doing flower or something else? Are you going to have them at all?
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Fiancee wants pageant or cascade.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice good way to go. I always wanted more of the pageant (which is not too popular lol) I always think more of walking the red carpet as opposed to bridal for myself 🤣. Some people love the wild bouquets too which are super pretty.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I honestly have no idea what style I want. Flowers are not really my forte but they are pretty so I definitely want a floral bouquet. I'm trying to find a florist who's style I like then they can kinda have free reign within our colours!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics