Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jasmine
Frequent user July 2022 Ontario

Bridesmaid wont buy their dress!!!

Jasmine, on May 18, 2021 at 00:03 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 20

I found good dress online on website azazie and i ask my bridesmaids to buy the dress i pick but they said its too early and what if they cannot use the dress because of pandemic. they think because government might make so they cannpt be part of the wedding but people are getting vaccine so pandemic will finish by my wedding next year but the girls want to wait and it is so frustrating!!! if they dont buy the dress what if i dont like it and need them to return or fix the dress and there maybe no time!

i pick this dress https://www.azazie.ca/products/azazie-marie-bridesmaid-dress?color=blushing-pink

20 Comments

Latest activity by Jasmine, on June 15, 2021 at 19:06
  • Jasmine
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes i tell them they need to buy this summer

• Jasmine
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes i want that style but if i dont like i can change it because there is enough time!

• Jasmine
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes i will get them to buy this summer so that we can take a look and if i dont like then we will return and change to a different dress

• Jasmine
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They think some cannot come to wedding because i have 8 bridesmaid and that the government maybe not allow that many people to be at a wedding but my wedding is next year and covid will be over!!!

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm just curious what they mean by saying the government might not let them be a part of the wedding? Would they be travelling from another country? Or are they just concerned about the restrictions we have now? If they're local then I think you're probably safe to order the dresses now (although I do agree that you still have tons of time to do so and waiting shouldn't be an issue), but if they're travelling internationally it's very possible it might still be difficult for them to enter the country without a quarantine period.

• Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm totally on your side here, I would want them to order the dresses as soon as I've decided, whether that's 6 months or 16 months ahead. I agree with giving them a timeline, maybe say that you want them ordered in the next month or so.

Good luck!

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married in august this year and I’m just now getting around to having my maid of honour buy a dress.You have lots of time but maybe reach out to the company and ask if this is one of their regular dresses.
  • Abigail
    Curious May 2022 British Columbia
    Abigail ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe give them a deadline? Like say, "make sure 6 months before that you have your bridesmaids dress purchased"? I would say bridesmaids dresses are quite different, and also LOTS of options to purchase ones similar enough at other places in case this one sells out/discontinues.

• Caitlyn
    Frequent user September 2021 Alberta
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Are you absolutely certain that's the style of dress you're going to want them to wear 14 months from now? Speaking from experience, from the time I started looking on Azazie for bridesmaids dresses to the time my bridesmaids actually ordered them, I changed my mind on a style about half a dozen times. If you're absolutely set on the style of dress and your bridesmaids don't want to buy it just yet, your best bet is to find out their sizes and order the dresses yourself and have them reimburse you at a later date. If you don't want to do that then your hands are kind of tied and you'll likely have to wait until a later date when your bridesmaids feel more comfortable buying their dresses.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fabric samples. You can see how the actual colour looks like for each type of fabric (chiffon, tulle, satin etc) as opposed to what it looks like on a computer screen.

• Jasmine
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No it is easier if they buy their own because i dont want to worry about people owe me money

• Jasmine
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What is swatches?

• Jasmine
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I want to make sure they have the same dress and the style may sell out

• Jasmine
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes i dont want the style to go away

• C
    Newbie September 2021 British Columbia
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you really want to make sure you have this particular dress, I would suggest getting your bridesmaids sizes and buy the dresses yourself, then have them reimburse you at a later date.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your wedding is 14 months away. You don't need to rush. If you're concerned about the look, just order swatches first or review user photos on the website.

As for the "pandemic will finish," I'm sure everyone was saying that at this time last year and here we are. You never know with these things and there's no benefit in spending money on stuff too early when you don't need to. Just wait it out.

• Caitlyn
    Frequent user September 2021 Alberta
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They might just be hesitant to order because you're asking them to order the dresses so far ahead of time. My wedding is September 3rd and I just had my bridesmaids order their dresses from Azazie last month. I know it's tempting to want to check things off of your to-do list, but bridesmaids dresses can definitely wait until at least 6 months out.
  • Jenelle
    Curious July 2023 Alberta
    Jenelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can understand your concerns - with all the things to plan and do for a wedding, and add on top of that the additional stress of planning a wedding during a pandemic, it’s a lot! However, that being said even with ordering online, one year is still very, very early to be ordering bridesmaids dresses. I can see where they would be concerned about the dress not fitting or styles changing - a lot can happen between now and then and bridesmaids typically don’t have 2-3 dress fittings with a seamstress.

I would hold off till at least 4-5 months out before ordering anything. I know you’ve found the dress you’ve wanted, but there is SO much out there for bridesmaids dresses and you want your girls to be comfortable and happy with what they’re wearing too. I’ve been a bridesmaid for three weddings and all of them bought bridesmaids dresses in about a 2 month span from the date (or even closer!) and things went off beautifully without a hitch! I promise it will all be fine and your bridesmaids will have a little less to stress about, so they can be more available to helping you look perfect on your day.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bridesmaids dresses are way different timeline wise than a wedding dress would be. I think it is ok to wait a bit on the dresses. If they were discontinuing then I might ask them to buy now.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I definitely think it's too early for bridesmaid dresses when your wedding is over a year away. Azazie dresses only talk a couple months to come. If you want extra time to return id other like 5 months before the wedding. Is the dress part of their try on at home program? You could order it through that to see if you like it. Also keep in mind body's can change alot in over a year so if the girls order their dress now, they may not fit in a year from now and that could cost them lots in alterations or worse, they may have to buy a new dress. If one bridesmaid ends up having to buy a new dress closer to the wedding it won't be the exact same shade as the other dresses due to being from a different dye lot

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics