Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caitlyn
Frequent user September 2021 Alberta

Putting info on the back of the wedding invite

Caitlyn, on April 10, 2021 at 23:10 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
I am in the process of finalizing details for wedding invitations and I seem to keep switching between whether I think it's okay or faux-pas to put information on the back of our invites. It would be basic information of where the reception is to be held and the time, and will include our wedding website info. One part of me thinks it will be fine to include this on the back, but the other part of me thinks that etiquette wise I should just include a reception or details card. I'm also concerned that if I include the information on the back, perhaps it will be missed because people may not turn over the invite (or maybe I'm over thinking it?).
Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Katerina, on May 20, 2021 at 12:44
  • Katerina
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Katerina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for sharing this!

• Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

With everything going on, this should not be stress for you with so many other things to worry about. It's your wedding, and your budget, do what you want. Afraid people won't turn it over, put an arrow on each side to indicate turning it over. Smiley smile

• Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've got a map and directions to the ceremony site on the back of my invite, as it's at a provincial park.

Our wedding isn't super formal so I think it's fine, but even if your wedding is formal it's your day!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had created 2 cards as Wedding/Reception held at the same venue and RSVP/Accommodations for the other so it separate the final details. Trifold cards allow you to add all the information so that you don't have to get cards separated for each occasion and RSVP.
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for your input! I was definitely getting in my head too much about whether or not to do separate cards and you've made some excellent points on why they aren't necessary!
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you may be overthinking it. In my opinion it’s quite wasteful to do the traditional invitations with multiple cards for information you could easily include on the back or on your website. People will definitely see the info on the back and it’s one less item for them to keep track of. I’ve received invitations in both styles and it doesn’t change my opinion either way. And ultimately it all gets thrown in the recycling bin.
    I guess it’s possible some older relatives might think it’s bad etiquette, but just because something is tradition doesn’t mean it’s the best way to do things.
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for such an insightful response! It's helpful to hear that prior invites you've been sent have included info on the back. I also appreciate you including a picture of the back of your invite. It's true that in this day and age (and with covid), some etiquette guidelines just don't flow with what's currently going on.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Prior to covid we were invited to 5+ weddings a year for the last many years... More often than not the invite would be one card with the further details info on the back (usually just direction to the website). Etiquette says to include it on your save the date but what happens if you don't do a save the date (like us)?? Honestly, some of the etiquette guidleness I think are silly at this point... some people send digital invites! Who are you offending by giving more useful information!? It doesn't seem all that common anymore to do all the seperate cards given the ease and commonality of websites now (the wasted expense given most people throw it out). I think people are more likely to look at the back than look for a separate card in the envelope. That's just me maybe though! We did have a seperate small card with a covid disclaimer of how things can change and many people didn't see it! This is the back of our invite... Maybe it'll help! The front was quite traditionally formal (let me know if you want to see that too). I'm probably biased but I think it was all in good taste! Haha. I'm generally pretty conscious of these things though! Putting info on the back of the wedding invite 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics