Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Hair

Amanda, on April 1, 2021 at 11:41 Posted in Beauty 0 26

Hey everyone! What is everyone thinking of doing for their hair for the big day?! Keeping it down, putting it up into nice updo, adding extensions?! Are you getting a hair stylist do your hair or are you doing your hair yourself?

For myself, I'm very lucky. My aunt is a hair stylist for Alberta Movie & Television Production and she will be doing my hair for my wedding! Since my dress have a V-shape back and I want everyone to see the detail of it, I've decided to go with a side swept with extensions to give my hair more volume! I've come down to these ideas

Hair 1

Hair 2

Hair 3

26 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on July 24, 2021 at 09:51
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!! I'm super excited to see what my aunt is going to be able to do!

• Isabella
    Newbie September 2022 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Isabella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the first picture of yours The hair piece brings out the bun so muchSmiley catface Smiley tongue

• Ricky
    Newbie February 2024 Ontario
    Ricky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful! I also have some off white pearl hair pieces but, they are so cuute!!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm going towards that one as well!

• Katerina
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Katerina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the first photo! I am getting my hair done as well and have an open back on my dress so I love the side swept look!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same here!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have the hair piece all ready and waiting....and waiting....and waiting haha
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this style! Especially with the hair piece on the side of your head would be lovely!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My inspiration picturesHair 4
    Hair 5

I guess if one thing about covid it has given me me more to grow my hair 🤣
    I will be having someone else doing my hair. I'm not really sure what I'm worse at doing makeup or hair. I have really thick hair so I don't think I'll be putting in extensions but I will want to do something with colour (highlights, lowlights, not 100% sure)
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I will defiantly speak up if I don't like something that she does for sure! I don't want to look back and regret something like that! My aunt and I are pretty close so that won't be an issue Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!! I'm super excited to have her do my hair! If she wasn't a hair stylist, I probably would've done my own hair for my wedding as well but if I didn't ask her I just know I'd regret asking her later on like after the wedding. You'll have great hair no matter what and after a few more practices you'll do just fine! Smiley heart

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's so cool that you have that connection! I cut my hair every 10 weeks for the year and a bit before our wedding (both the first and second 😅😅 thanks covid) because I have curly hair and it needs it - so given my hair grows slowly AND I cut it a lot, I wasn't hopeful for a ton of hair to work with haha. Sounds like you have perfect hair and accessories for this style though!! One piece of advice I struggled to take myself - speak up when you don't like something. I don't know if that's easier with an aunt or a complet stranger haha but I ended up with two hair trials because I hated my first and said nothing while she was working on it. I LOVED my hair the second time, which was only a week before our wedding, and for some reason she changed it up the day of. I still liked it but I stupidly looked at photos from the trial and liked that one a lot more.
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your hair is going to be beautiful!!
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hair 6
    Our wedding isn’t going to be super long and I don’t want to have to stress about whether or not we legally can have a hair stylist this summer so I’m just doing this style for my wedding. I’ll put the waves in a little tighter and use some of my better hair products for frizz, put my veil in and call it a day. In normal times I’d do my hair more detailed
    It’ll look better than this picture lol this picture is literally my first time using a curling iron since covid 🤣
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That one is my fav as well! I recently cut my hair to make it more healthier but it was down to almost my butt! Since we're looking at postponing our August wedding to next summer, it'll have time to grow again. My hair isn't that thick but when I do curl it, it looks like I have tons of hair lol so my aunt had suggested extensions to help with the volume! I'm excited to see what she can do! I'm hoping to get together with her soon but she's getting ready for a big TV show that is being filmed in Calgary so hopefully by the time we do get together I'll have more ideas for my hair

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the first one!!! I wish I had that much hair!! I had a low open back, a backdrop necklace, and I generally wear my hair up for events so I did just that! I don't have a ton of hair (it's also about shoulder length) so an updo was also best for that. I had it professionally done and that was not a question. I wanted a loose, messy, low bun. I used extensions and hair pads as It looked like I had so much hair!!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I personally love the braids with the bun!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful! I also have some off white pearl hair pieces to potentially use but I'll see when the time comes and see how they fit with the hair style

• Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hair 7
    I have a all lace illusion back so I didn't want to cover it so I'm hoping for something like this with the braids and the nice twisted side. Even my veil is short and one layer so it doesn't cover my dress. My hair piece would fit so perfect on this updo too!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's a beautiful and timeless hair statement Smiley heart

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore mine down with loose waves and ended up doing it myself. I was debating including a headband but ultimately decided to keep things simple and more my style. If it wasn't for covid I probably would have had it done professionally just because my hair was really long and it involved a lot of arm strength and sweatiness to blow dry it hahaha.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel like its such a classic style that goes with any dress or wedding theme! And its nice to have all our hair out of the way!
  • Caitlyn
    Frequent user September 2021 Alberta
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I definitely have both of these pictures saved to my Pinterest board, and most likely they are what I'll be doing haha
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I will definitely be having a hair piece! Im so happy she gets to/is willing to take on that extra responsibility on top of being a bridesmaid!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the first picture of yours! The hair piece brings out the bun so much!

That's exciting that you get to experience something special with your bestfriend on your wedding day Smiley heart

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the 2nd and 3rd ones! Im probably doing my hair in the most basic bridal hairstyle that exists 😂
    Hair 8
    Hair 9
    I am also very lucky in the fact that one of my best friends/bridesmaids is a hair stylist!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics