Guelph, Ontario · From July 2018

Happily married 🎉

August 4, 2018

2085days 13hrs

Discussions

Kirsten
Involving cat in wedding :)
Kirsten, On May 9, 2021 at 15:00

We’re eloping due to covid and getting back into planning and wanted to focus on something fun! Any ideas of how to involve our cat in our wedding? We’ll be doing a hiking elopement so we were...

Vinod, thursday 27-May-21 12 1
Elizabeth
Wedding Transportation
Elizabeth, On March 21, 2021 at 17:14

Hey everyone, My partner and I booked at Elora Mill thinking there would be lots of room for people to stay overnight, but the hotel is quite small and there are only 30 rooms which will be taken...

Niki, friday 11-Jun-21 6
N
Anyone else's parents or family not financially contributing to wedding at all?
Nz, On February 25, 2021 at 12:02

My fiancee and I crunched some numbers the other day after I've been spending the last week contacting venues and making spreadsheets for costs for every little thing for each place. Turns out with...

Kate, saturday 18-Nov-23 23
Hannah
Wedding Hair Suggestions
Hannah, On February 23, 2021 at 14:49

Hello, Does anyone have suggestions for good places to get hair done for a wedding around the Kitchener/Cambridge area? Or know of someplace where the people travel to a hotel to do hair? Because of...

DrB, wednesday 24-Feb-21 3
Kelly
Shuttle for Multiple Hotels?
Kelly, On March 4, 2020 at 08:53

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this. My fiance and I are getting married in Elora, ON in October. Almost all our guests are coming from out of town. My goal is to provide an...

Kelly, sunday 5-Dec-21 18
Michelle
Wording on invites
Michelle, On October 29, 2019 at 20:35

My fiancé and I are both in our 40’s and on our second marriages. All of the templates for invites are “bride’s parents and groom’s parents invite you to the wedding of their children”. Would you drop...

Steph, thursday 31-Oct-19 12
Kelsie
Wedding Favour Thank You Tags
Kelsie, On October 29, 2019 at 08:53

I'm pretty excited because I FINALLY found some non-edible favours that me, my FH and my mom liked. Another thing to check off the list! I got a better deal if I packaged them myself which I don't...

Casey, tuesday 29-Oct-19 11
A
Seems like I'm already too late in planning :(
Ayan, On October 27, 2019 at 18:24

So I just started planning for a July 2020, wedding and the app says were already behind. Am I being unrealistic with the timeline cause I thought 9 months was enough time?

Geneviève, sunday 3-Nov-19 16
Danielle
Wedding party choreographed Country Swing dance? Yes or no
Danielle, On September 17, 2019 at 15:44

FH and I are having a country-themed barn wedding. Our wedding party is coincidentally all couples (tight-knit friend group lol), and if they don't already know, they're learning or are willing to...

Danielle, wednesday 23-Oct-19 20
Lisa
Summer Brides/grooms - why did you pick summer?
Lisa, On October 16, 2019 at 09:59

Or for those of you that didn't - why not summer? When my husband and I started to plan out big day, we knew we wanted to get married in the mountains and that this would require travel for us and our...

Dawn, thursday 7-Nov-19 25
Cliodhna
What is one thing you had to have?
Cliodhna, On October 16, 2019 at 09:05

What is one thing you had to have in your wedding plans? That one non-negotiable thing you factored it into the budget from day 1, no matter how rational or irrational it seems! Maybe there is a venue...

Meaghan, friday 8-Nov-19 36
C
Etiquette for paying friends/friends for services
Carn, On October 13, 2019 at 23:07

Hi everyone, Hope to get some insight on this. We have some friends and family who have agreed to DJ, make our cake and invitations. They have stated that their service will be our wedding gift but we...

Ashley, wednesday 16-Oct-19 7
Liga
How about marriage contract....do you have it or will you have it....
Liga, On October 13, 2019 at 22:24

Since my husband is self made man. And he have made a good success in his carier and in his business before he met me. I was ok with marriage contract. Of course, when you both are young and just...

Bianca, monday 4-Nov-19 16
Stephanie
Teeth Whitening
Stephanie, On April 2, 2018 at 08:00

Hello all! I've seen a few times on tv shows about brides and grooms getting their teeth whitened before the big day! Does anyone have experience with this? Or could possibly recommend a place in the...

Wensbaws, sunday 9-Aug-20 18
Katie
How Can i Include my 2 cats?
Katie, On October 10, 2019 at 08:50

My fiance and I have 2 cats whom we adore very much. They are like our children and we need ideas on how to include them in the wedding and or pictures! Give us your ideas or share your personal...

Katie, friday 3-Jan-20 8
Liga
Dress Code
Liga, On October 4, 2019 at 21:25

That`s what I would like. Is it rude ???? If I want my guests to dress in particular colors.Men can dress in a black or very dark suit with a white shirt.But all the ladies (I wish in pastel colors)....

Amelia, sunday 27-Oct-19 32
Katelyn
Guys I'm Livid! Moores Screwed Up!
Katelyn, On October 2, 2019 at 10:46

Last week one of the groomsmen called to say he was told his suit was going to the wrong location and they couldn't fix it in time. It was meant to go to Ottawa but was being sent to Peterborough. So...

Katelyn, wednesday 2-Oct-19 30
Victoria
Tipping Vendors
Victoria, On August 29, 2019 at 12:45

Setting a side money for tips, for the different vendors not wanting to miss any. Who did every one tip and roughly how much did you tip(if your okay with sharing)?

Casey, tuesday 17-Sep-19 6
Heather
Second wedding- can I have a wedding shower??
Heather, On July 29, 2019 at 11:58

Hi! I need opinion. I am divorced and currently planning my second wedding. My husband to be hasn’t been married before. We both want a jack and Jill wedding shower/bbq. Is it ok for me to have a...

Marcy, tuesday 4-Feb-20 13
Lindsay
Family style dinner or plated?
Lindsay, On August 27, 2019 at 09:03

Hi friends, Has anyone done family style dinner before? did you like it better than plated service or buffet style? and what kind of table decor did you see with the family style? trying to decide if...

Bianca, thursday 12-Sep-19 30
Elaine
Gift ideas
Elaine, On August 9, 2019 at 22:56

Any married folks on here ? What was the best wedding gift you recieved?

Emily, tuesday 15-Oct-19 6
Lynnie
What song will you walk down the aisle to? 🎵
Lynnie, On August 4, 2019 at 13:05

What song have you chosen for your ceremony processional? 🎵 Did you pick a traditional song or something more personal? Photo from The Hollows Camp in Bradford, ON

Kelly, sunday 11-Aug-19 12
Fiona
General question
Fiona, On July 25, 2019 at 15:15

My sister in law is having her bridal shower in a few weeks and she did not register and asked for money only 🙄 I am also a bridemaid in her wedding (and it hasn't been cheap) I am planning a wedding...

Ashley, thursday 12-Sep-19 21
Caitlin
Signing table
Caitlin, On July 25, 2019 at 12:27

What do people typically use as their signing table for the ceremony? I haven't been able to find any information online, so I'm guessing it's not usually an issue or something that is selected...

Sarah, tuesday 30-Jul-19 13
Bianca
Vendors on the Seating Chart
Bianca, On June 25, 2019 at 15:42

For those of you who are already married or very soon to be married, what did you do regarding your vendors on the seating chart? We're planning to have a seating chart professionally made up, and...

Dionne, wednesday 24-Jul-19 36
Taylor
Long weekend weddings
Taylor, On July 12, 2019 at 19:47

Hello all! I'm just curious to know your thoughts on attending a wedding on the Saturday of a long weekend? I hate to feel like I'm ruining someone's weekend by having them attend my wedding right...

Becky, tuesday 23-Jul-19 14
Brittany
Early wedding gift etiquette
Brittany, On June 27, 2019 at 18:41

We received a RSVP back in the mail today, that was a decline. However they included a card and a cheque. What is proper etiquette ? Do I cash it now ? our wedding is still two months out. So that is...

Erin, tuesday 2-Jul-19 10
A
Gifts for registry
Ani88, On June 21, 2019 at 20:33

Hello brides and grooms, we are about to create our wedding registry and were wondering if there are any items that we should or shouldn’t have on the list?

Bianca, monday 24-Jun-19 10
Janaya
Thank you cards
Janaya, On June 20, 2019 at 16:32

I have seen a couple different posts now about thank you card etiquette and my question is.. do I have to send thank you cards? I didn't mail hardly any of my invitations since I hand delivered almost...

Kaisha, monday 1-Jul-19 17
Mackenzie
Non-religious Readings
Mackenzie, On June 5, 2019 at 16:23

Send me your best poems, songs, speeches, anything non-religious we can use for our ceremony! I want to do a couple of short readings to involve a few important people in the ceremony, but I’m having...

Steph, tuesday 2-Jul-19 15
Katie
Arch or No Arch?
Katie, On June 2, 2019 at 02:23

We are getting married infront of a grand fireplace. We want to drape it, hang a beautiful wreath and decorate the mantle instead of renting an arch. How are you getting married? Do we NEED an arch?...

Holly, wednesday 19-Jun-19 16
J
Ordering wedding items online to Canada
Jennifer, On May 25, 2019 at 11:36

Hi all, As someone who's been slapped in the face with duties online shopping before, I'm a little weary of ordering wedding-related items from online retailers. Specifically, I love the all in one...

Vinod, sunday 26-May-19 6

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics