Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Newbie October 2019 Alberta

Tipping Vendors

Victoria, on August 29, 2019 at 12:45 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Setting a side money for tips, for the different vendors not wanting to miss any. Who did every one tip and roughly how much did you tip(if your okay with sharing)?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Casey, on September 17, 2019 at 09:19
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Read over your contracts, some vendors have tips incorporated into the price. My venue includes the tips (18%) for the bar staff, wait staff, and anyone else prepping things that day.

I honestly don't think I will be tipping my vendors too much. The Limo driver for sure, I am looking at doing little bottles of wine for my hair and makeup ladies, and my photographer I am inviting them to dinner, so if they are staying for food, that will be their tip!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally forgot to tip my vendors and I feel like an ass about it. I wanted to tip vendors who were employees from a big company (I.e. did not own the company from which I hired), but it didn't work out. If I were to have tipped them, I would have given them something like $20-$40/each.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to be tipping all of the “service” providers.

So Limo driver, hair and make up artists, photographers/videographers, DJ, waitstaff and bartenders.

I think for the hair and make up artists we’ll tip like we normally would at a normal salon - 15%.

The DJ will probably be 15% also, maybe more because we know him personally.

The Limo driver probably $100-150.

My photographers will probably get $100-$200 each. My videographers are less experienced so probably $75-$100 each.

The waitstaff probably $50 each, and the bartenders we might tip $150-$200+ depending on the service. My FH used to bartend so he has a lot of respect for those in that industry and definitely will tip well depending on the level of service.

Hope this is helpful! Our wedding is still a year away so these are only estimates.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have no idea lol!! i though tip was included for certain things... didnt know i had to set money aside.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We personally (I was taking charge of the financial aspect) didn't have enough to tip our vendors. A Thank You card was given to them and the bakery after when visited to return the tier platters. You do have the choice to tip your vendors unless contracted on their part. Others such as hair/make up for their staff coming out with the owner itself can be given a tip to have them come out for your day.

Venues have a gratuity charge which you don't give a tip on top unless the bartenders choose to get paid by you at the end, NO if there is a tip jar put on the bar counter.

Check out this video on youtube about tipping https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkzj9zo_wUw

• DrB
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Gratuity was included in our venue charge for servers, bartenders, etc. We told them they could leave a tip jar out because our guests were asking us how to tip the bartenders. I would estimate that they made at least 600-700 in tips based on what I saw going in that jar (on top of the gratuity that was included) . My dad alone gave them $200.

Hair and makeup- 25% of the bill
    DJ- $100
    shuttle- gratuity included in the final bill
    Florist- didn’t tip because she runs the business and I wasn’t there when she set up.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics