Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
VIP May 2019 Ontario

Teeth Whitening

Stephanie, on April 2, 2018 at 08:00 Posted in Beauty 0 18

Hello all!

I've seen a few times on tv shows about brides and grooms getting their teeth whitened before the big day! Does anyone have experience with this? Or could possibly recommend a place in the GTA/Toronto area?

Is it worth it?

Thanks!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Wensbaws, on August 9, 2020 at 23:50
  • Wensbaws
    Newbie March 1974 Quebec
    Wensbaws ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

this video really helped me

https://shrinkme.io/VfLsD

• DrB
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did zoom whitening for our wedding- five rounds and they were off-the-charts white. It wasn’t too bad going through it (a few zaps they brought tears to my eyes but went away quickly) but GOOD LORD, did it ever hurt afterwards. My teeth ached for DAYS.

My personal hell was trying to do our stupid seating chart with my teeth throbbing. In hindsight, it was nice to have whiter teeth....but I will never, ever do it again
  • Krista
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did zoom whitening and it hurt like lightening bolts straight to the tooth root - go gentle and gradual, not like I did - 5 rounds in one sitting. Teeth were incredibly white - but I've heard of ones that do not hurt (eg sunna smile) and do just a couple shades.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow that's a great price will for sure give it a shot!!
    I actually still have 2 baby teeth I'm a little concerned about... And it was the gym area above them that burned....
    But will for sure give yours a try thank you!!!
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They definitely shouldn’t burn! I have really prominent “fangs” so the strips are always overlapped onto the gums above my other teeth, and it will sometimes ache a bit but never burn! I don’t even know if ache is a good word but I can just tell my teeth have something on them, they’re pretty cheap though so I would say try them! A ten day pack is $20
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I haven't actually!! I got a free set of crest white strips in a wedding magazine and tried them again... I must have put them on wrong cause it really burnt my gums?? I took them off pretty quick cause it was painful but I'll give your suggestion a try!!
    Have you ever experienced any burning sensation with them? Its hard to get the strip JUST on your teeth but I assume it shouldn't burn as bad as it did....
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know you've probably already figured out what you're doing, but I'm doing Equate Whitestrips right now, and they are a lot better than what I remember from using Crest Whitestrips (although that was a long time ago). They stick to your teeth really well and don't slide around, and after 6 days of using them my teeth already look whiter!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ohhh!!! Good tip thank you!

I might give it a test run right after my next cleaning then!

• T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve been doing mine for a year now and love it. However you need to get your teeth cleaned right before or you are wasting your money. Do it!!!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So they use mouth trays with a gel inside of them. You bite down on them and sit in front of a light for 20 minutes. It's a very easy process.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awesome! I'm good teeth sensitivity wise... the only worry I ever have is I still actually have 2 baby teeth (no adults grew in to push them out) I get hesitant to do teeth things like this but I assume is something they put on the teeth or a light? Nothing too physical to them right?

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I used to work at CBV and watched a guy who was a smoker change 21 shades in just ONE sitting! If you have sensitive teeth though be careful. It will hurt a little more than usual and may even turn your gums white. This is completely normal and will diminish shortly after.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just checked it out! I have 2 near me and it's only about $100!

That's really not too bad at all! Thanks for the help!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have a Caryl Baker Visage near you they do teeth whitening for a cheaper price and it works really well!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You know I completely forgot about those! I've tried them once a long time ago but they were horrible to keep on for the time needed.... maybe I'll give them another shot thanks!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's awesome thank you!! Doesn't seem like too bad of a price for all of that! Tho I wouldn't do the tan I'm way too scared I would come out orange haha!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There was a discussion in a local Facebook group a while ago and it seemed Crest White Strips were the way to go! Many people had used them and were satisfied. And, it was cheaper than going to a dentist to get it done!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve seen packages in London areas for brides to prepare for the big day. This gives you outline what to expect and timeline to do

Teeth Whitening 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics