Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elizabeth
Newbie June 2022 Ontario

Wedding Transportation

Elizabeth, on March 21, 2021 at 17:14 Posted in Ontario 0 6

Hey everyone,

My partner and I booked at Elora Mill thinking there would be lots of room for people to stay overnight, but the hotel is quite small and there are only 30 rooms which will be taken quite quickly. We're trying to sort out transportation to the nearest hotel, and I was wondering whether other people had provided that for their guests, and how they had gone about it.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Niki, on June 11, 2021 at 12:48
  • Niki
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Niki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having our wedding at Whistle Bear (Pearle Events as well) and we are arranging a shuttle bus to go from the hotel to the venue every half an hour or so towards the end of the night. The hotel and venue work together on this so i would reach out to Elora Mill and see if they have something similar Smiley smile

• Ally
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Ally ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a room block at the Best Western Fergus and are also doing a shuttle through Red Car Service. So far, most of our friends (who are younger) have booked Airbnb properties within walking distance of the Mill and mostly older family members have used the hotel block.

• DrB
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got married at Elora mill when they first opened. Only two couples ended up taking advantage of the block we booked with the mill. We also had blocks at the best western in Fergus and the delta in Guelph and provided a luxury coach shuttle from red car to do a pre-ceremony pickup and multiple evening return trips. The shuttle was absolutely worth every Penny.
  • Kathy
    Curious June 2022 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Someone has told me the Uber has a deluxe line of cars that they use for special occasions. We are going to look into that. Might be worth looking into?

• Shelly
    Curious July 2022 British Columbia
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is sort of a destination wedding (roadtrip within the province to get to) and so all of our guests will need accommodation. We are booking out a hotel block nearby for everyone (roughly 15min drive) and we are planning to get a coach bus and drive everyone from the hotel to the wedding venue. Wedding starts at 4pm so bus will get everyone from the hotel at 3:30pm-ish and then we are doing 2 drop-off times for taking guests from the reception back to the hotel at night: 1 bus trip at 9:30/10pm for grandparents and/or anyone else who wants to leave, and then 1 bus trip at midnight for all other guests. We did have some family and friends who offered to drive people back to the hotel but we just thought it would be easier to get a bus and take everyone together. Plus, that way no one has to limit their drinks/not drink because of driving.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If people aren't staying overnight, whereabouts would they be coming from and going? And how close is the nearest hotel?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics