Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cliodhna
WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway

What is one thing you had to have?

Cliodhna, on October 16, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 36

What is one thing you had to have in your wedding plans? That one non-negotiable thing you factored it into the budget from day 1, no matter how rational or irrational it seems!

Maybe there is a venue you fell in love with long ago and you can’t imagine getting married anywhere else?
Or has hiring a videographer has always been a priority for you?
Perhaps you always wanted a llama as a ring bearer 🦙? Or to arrive in to your wedding via helicopter 🚁?

36 Comments

Latest activity by Meaghan, on November 8, 2019 at 08:09
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not really something tangible that we purchased... but it was very important to us that it be low-key, relaxed, and not overstimulating for our kids. Our kids are both going through big medical challenges and their comfort was paramount.
    We are also relaxed, low-key people so we wanted it to be comfortable for us. We also just wanted it to happen, without an engagement really. So everything we decided was based on a relaxed event with a very, very short planning period. And 5 weeks later we were married.
  • Cliodhna
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley xd Do you think they will?! That would be amazing!

• Cliodhna
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is nicheSmiley laugh I love it! And great idea to incorporate the favor into it!

• Cliodhna
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It would totally make sense that this was something that was super important to you! I'm happy you got your FH onboard Smiley laugh

• Rachel
    Frequent user September 2022 Alberta
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is so sweet, I love it!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Perfect use of this gif!y friends asked if they could plan a dance routine to this song the moment they found out we were engaged.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A great photographer! We lucked out and found a promotion they had running after the 2019 wedding season.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

FLOWERS. I knew this was going to cost a bit but it was something that I just had to have (and didn't regret it at all!).

• Ginelle
    Beginner July 2021 Ontario
    Ginelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding by the pier in JA. My FH and I grew up by the water and we both love the sea. It’s so important that we exchange our vows by the water. We decided we both have to have a beach wedding (:
  • M
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine is pretty niche.

I HAVE to have little cups of tomato soup with a little grilled cheese on them for the reception. There's something about it that just seems familiar - tomato soup is my FH's favourite thing that I cook (I make it with real local tomatoes, no cans here!) and he always makes grilled cheese to go with it - he puts pesto on mine because he knows how much I love pesto (so much I named my cat after it...). We are going to buy the white mugs so that they can be our wedding favour for our guests - who doesn't love a good mug?!

• Cliodhna
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm with your FH on this one! A nice big dance floor would be very important to me too!

• Cliodhna
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Roses are gorgeous! Are you planning on having them in all your floral arrangements or just your bouquet?

• Cliodhna
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley laugh Love it! I wouldn't compromise on that either Smiley smile

• Kaitlynn
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Kaitlynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me: My dress! Smiley heart

For him: Ample room in the venue for dancing.

• Cynthia
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Roses Smiley smile I have to have roses!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My one condition was that my dog had to be the ring bearer. If a venue wasn't ok with having a small dog be there then they were immediately crossed off the list. And an open bar...lol

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Videography! My FH was kind of against it at first but I insisted and we've hired an amazing videographer that I'm so excited to have shoot our wedding.

I work in the film industry in NS so I was super picky about who we hired

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We definitively needed spectacular decor and flowers. Great food and an open bar
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had to have an open bar lol
  • July
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    July ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The one thing I had to have was definitely my wedding dress. It was expensive but It was the one thing I knew I really wanted once I tried it on. For my FH it was the open bar
  • Kelsey
    Curious July 2022 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Still early in the planning stages but besides all the standard things, my one little extra is roast beef! Every caterer/venue we look at, I'm looking up the price of chef attended roast beef stations!

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my partner...He wanted wedding definitely in Europe ( Greece or Spain ). Since, we wanted to cover all expense of our guests, It would cost a lot of money to bring them all from Canada and also to take care of their stay. And for me it was too complicated to organise wedding in City and Country where I have been only as a tourist!

So, I convince my partner to celebrate it in Canada! But it was important to have water panorama. And beautiful, old big house. We found this location in Montreal. And it is so much easier to organise, and I am much more in control. And for sure, we save a lot of money as well.

My most important thing...to make it as beautiful as possible visually...without breaking a bank.

And good food, open bar, good servis,good music and make our guests super comfortable.

And i am very happy that our ceremony and wedding party is at the same location.

I am person..who have never dream of big wedding. I would be happy to go for nice trip,just with my closest family members and that's it. My memories will not be about wedding...it is about everything else. How much fun we have together, how much we have done together, our dreams and plans, our trips together and so on. My memories is strong about how we met and how our relationship started and about where we are now 8 years later.

Wedding for me is just a big party what we organise, to celebrate with our close people, that we have made it legally.

That's why, I am trying to cut a lot of expense on our wedding.Smiley smile Since, wedding party and ceremony have never been my dream!

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For FH it was a caterer, I talked about having our families do the buffet since it's a small event but as we planned for more people he insisted it was the one thing he wanted.

For me it was our venue. It's so much more then we planned for but I can't see it happening anywhere else! Once I get in to decorate it will be so magical! I also insisted on a professional photographer. It caused a lot of strife with the fiancé but we agreed on a budget and found someone we really like!

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

DrB...That is our most important things as well! Good food and open bar.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My ring bearer puppy! We only shortlisted venues that are pet friendly. we want our little pup to be with us on the big day as she is part of our family Smiley smile Smiley heart

• DrB
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My non-negotiable was good food and my husband’s was an open bar- we had both
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The thing I had to have was probably my dress. I saved money but I knew the particular designer and had to have her styles!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Videographer was important to have since memories come once in a lifetime. Result wasn't that great when done. Always open to have my in law make it better.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My non-negotiable was the DJ.
    My husband liked the idea of having a spotify playlist as our DJ. I veto'd it pretty quick. I wanted to have a backup MC, as well as someone who knew how to read the crowd.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My non-negotiable was a caterer or venue doing the catering that we felt confident to handle allergies. Bride (myself), MOH, FOB, and FOG as well as a few guests all have allergies. So, I guess the non-negotiable was no medical trips needed by the end of the event!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think just having a bigger wedding in general. Not that ours was big (only 110 people) but my Husband wanted to go away and do destination. So for me, having a more traditional wedding was something that I have thought of my whole life!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Theres nothing that i was like omg i have to have this!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics